Transfers

Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins is frustrated at continuing rumours of interest in captain Ashley Williams from Arsenal.

Williams, who replaced Garry Monk as team captain this summer, is thought to have been on Arsene Wenger's radar after impressing for the Welsh club since their promotion to the Premier League two years ago.

Former Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand has joined Turkish side Antalyaspor on a free transfer.

Sky Sports can confirm Ferdinand has signed a three-year deal after passing his medical on Tuesday and agreeing personal terms.

The 28-year-old arrives on a free transfer after being released by QPR earlier this month.

Jose Mourinho has stated that Chelsea will reject any offers for defender David Luiz.

The Brazilian international has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona but Mourinho is adamant the 26-year-old will not be leaving Stamford Bridge.

The Chelsea boss said: "No chance he is going to leave. He is a player we want to keep. He is a player with four years (on his) contract, he just signed a contract last year.

"We like him. He is an important player for the club and the club is not ready to sell him for any price."

Recent reports claimed Luiz told Chelsea of his desire to join Barcelona but Mourinho says he is not aware of that.

He said: "I don't know if he said that. What I can say is that he is not going to.

"The last quotes I read were Luiz saying he is not speaking about clubs when he is with the national team, which is a fantastic quote that I appreciate.

"When they are with the national team they are national team players, they are not club players.

"That is the last quote I have and it is an intelligent one."

Mourinho has been linked with a move for striker Samuel Eto'o, whom he worked with at Inter Milan. Eto'o is reportedly available as his current club Anzhi Makhachkala cut costs.

"I am always happy that somebody that worked with me previously is happy to be back and work with me again," said Mourinho.

"That is a good feeling that I have, when I read something that Samuel is keen. It is fantastic for us, but we are going to see what happens."

Former Wigan Athletic striker Franco Di Santo has signed for German side Werder Bremen.

The 24-year-old Argentine, whose contract at Wigan expired following their relegation from the Premier League, has completed a three-year deal to join the Bundesliga outfit.

Arsenal :lol:

What a shambles.

Absolutely farcical.

I don't support anybody apart from Rangers but I like seeing Arsenal do well and even I'm infuriated with how they go about their business so I can't imagine how it must feel for a fan who supports them and spends their hard earned to watch them every week.

This season more than most after Wenger came out and said they were ready to spend big money on world class players.

So far it’s just a young French striker who won’t feature in the first team.

It’s just so typically Arsenal these days and it’s why they will not challenge the bigger clubs like Chelsea, United, City and now looks like even Spurs who are spending big.

The Suarez bid was farcial and they knew it. The Gooner fans are being taken for a ride but seem to accept it so hell mend them.

This season more than most after Wenger came out and said they were ready to spend big money on world class players.

So far it’s just a young French striker who won’t feature in the first team.

It’s just so typically Arsenal these days and it’s why they will not challenge the bigger clubs like Chelsea, United, City and now looks like even Spurs who are spending big.

The Suarez bid was farcial and they knew it. The Gooner fans are being taken for a ride but seem to accept it so hell mend them.

(tu)

I said yesterday that there's been a lot of players who appear to be tailor made for them moving and yet they are nowhere to be seen (publically at least) when it comes to going for them and its not the first time either.

If they wanted to prove their intention to spend big then they should have made a proper bid for a big name player and got a deal done quickly rather than pissing about for six/eight weeks.It's why they missed out on Higuain & it's probably why they won't get Gustavo or Suarez either.

If Spurs end up getting the players they are linked with like Lamella and William/Erikson then I’d be worried if I was an Arsenal fan because they look like they mean business this season regardless if they sell Bale or not.

Soldado and Lamella would be a fearsome strikeforce.

Aston Villa forward Darren Bent is due to have a medical at Fulham on Thursday, according to Sky sources.

The 29-year-old was reportedly the subject of a £4m bid from the Cottagers in July, which was rejected by Villa, but they are believed to have made an improved offer of around £5m.

If Spurs end up getting the players they are linked with like Lamella and William/Erikson then I’d be worried if I was an Arsenal fan because they look like they mean business this season regardless if they sell Bale or not.

Soldado and Lamella would be a fearsome strikeforce.

Spurs have done well in this window but they still need a couple of centre backs and hopefully they can shift adebyor(sp)