Transfers

Newcastle closing in on Wijnaldum and Mitrovic, two really impressive signings. Talk of Charlie Austin aswell, and noises of them buying 4 or 5 players for between £10-15m a peice. Could be really interesting time for them this year. Just don't think McLaren is cut out for a top EPL job.

Newcastle closing in on Wijnaldum and Mitrovic, two really impressive signings. Talk of Charlie Austin aswell, and noises of them buying 4 or 5 players for between £10-15m a peice. Could be really interesting time for them this year. Just don't think McLaren is cut out for a top EPL job.

Good thing he's not at in a top EPL job, then :wink:

Sky are reporting the following;

SCHWEINSTEIGER TO UNITED 'IMMINENT'

Bastian Schweinsteiger is poised to sign for Manchester United from Bayern Munich, with German newspaper Bild claiming the switch is imminent.

The fee is believed to be around 20m euros and the midfielder will sign a three-year deal worth 10m euros per annum.

Find the Begovic move a bit depressing. Excellent move for Chelsea but I'd like to see him play regularly.

It's a really strange one. He's one of the best keepers in the league and yet he seems to be willing to go to Chelsea purely to play second fiddle.

What makes it that bit stranger is that he's moving at a time when Man Utd could be a couple of weeks away from needing a new keeper too.

Happy with those two signings if they go through. A centre back should be next on the list. And sell Williamson.

How is it possible Fabian Delph can join Man City for as little as £8m?

In this era where EPL player prices are grossly inflated and we see average players routinely going for £20m+ how can an 25 year old England midfielder be allowed to go to another EPL club for so little?

I understand he has some release clause in his contract but I just don't understand how Villa could allow such a clause when he's not long ago signed a 5 year deal!

Astonishing!

How is it possible Fabian Delph can join Man City for as little as £8m?

In this era where EPL player prices are grossly inflated and we see average players routinely going for £20m+ how can an 25 year old England midfielder be allowed to go to another EPL club for so little?

I understand he has some release clause in his contract but I just don't understand how Villa could allow such a clause when he's not long ago signed a 5 year deal!

Astonishing!

I agree mate. But I was reading somebody's interview about it, and pretty much explains that without the clause he was going to leave for nothing anyway. So this way they got a small amount for him to try replace him rather than fuck all.

This home grown rule is showing the EPL up because the prices mentioned for some extremely average players is frightening.

I agree mate. But I was reading somebody's interview about it, and pretty much explains that without the clause he was going to leave for nothing anyway. So this way they got a small amount for him to try replace him rather than fuck all.

This home grown rule is showing the EPL up because the prices mentioned for some extremely average players is frightening.

That is the truth there £50 million+ for Raheem Sterling being the prime example