Transfers

Not entirely convinced with Man U and their approach tbh, seems more like a scatter gun approach than any kind of thinking behind it.

They had no central midfield before and now they have Schwein and Schnei as well as a replacement for Ashley Young.

Decent business so far

They had no central midfield before and now they have Schwein and Schnei as well as a replacement for Ashley Young.

Decent business so far

They need a centre half and a striker or two as well.

They got 4th last year with a weaker squad. They should do better this year. I think they need a top class centre back and a striker to challenge Chelsea.

But neither Chelsea or Man City have made much of a move yet that still has to come and they will most likely spend big

Chelsea will still be the team to beat for me. Better squad than most, I'd like to see another striker brought in but can't see if with Falcao in. That's the risk.

The whole top 4 need that next level striker lMO. Utd only have Rooney. City only have Aguero. Chelsea need a back up for Costa. Liverpool need one. Arsenal still can't rely on Giroud.

Chelsea.

United.

City.

Arsenal.

Liverpool.

Spurs.

As it stands squad wise that would be my predictions.

Would be inclined to say two centre backs and a Carvahal level right back along with a striker and maybe even another left back

who, Man Utd? they have Shaw, Rojo and Blind who can all play left back

i think Blackett can play there aswell

I would say they need to find a good one

They aren't going to give up on Shaw after a year. He had a difficult first year but he's a talented player and they spent a lot of money on him. To just sign somebody else after a year would be stupid. They've also got Rojo and Blind as back ups and although neither of them are brilliant they are perfectly fine as back ups or stand ins.

Left back is one of the few positions they don't have to worry about at the moment and even if they did, who do you get? Left back isn't exactly a position that's over run with high profile, talented players at the moment.

They aren't going to give up on Shaw after a year. He had a difficult first year but he's a talented player and they spent a lot of money on him. To just sign somebody else after a year would be stupid. They've also got Rojo and Blind as back ups and although neither of them are brilliant they are perfectly fine as back ups or stand ins.

Left back is one of the few positions they don't have to worry about at the moment and even if they did, who do you get? Left back isn't exactly a position that's over run with high profile, talented players at the moment.

It is still a position that they are not as strong as they could be (don't get me wrong i like Shaw and Rojo and actually Blind but only Shaw is an actual left back the others can fill in there if needed) they need to strengthen there if they are serious about a title challenge Imo.

They could go for Filipe Luis or Ansaldi would be an improvement on what they have

Man Utd could use a better left back, but it's hardly a priority. It would be irresponsible to sign a new player to play there when they need a forward and a centre half far more pertinently.

I agree with you there was just saying if they are to have a serious tilt at the title they need to address the left back area too.

If it's ruined then it's ruined by himself, Chelsea didn't make him make the move. How is it Chelsea's fault? :lol:

He must be confident of game time plus the chance to win medals and play in the CL.

I think he's mental to accept being a second choice at this stage of his career (realistically he isn't displacing Courtois) but it's not like Chelsea held a gun to his head and forced him to sign.

I think he's mental to accept being a second choice at this stage of his career (realistically he isn't displacing Courtois) but it's not like Chelsea held a gun to his head and forced him to sign.

He could have been a starter at United.

I think he saw the game time Cech got last season and thought that was enough to warrant him making a move for more money and winning possibilities.

You would expect Chelsea to play more than 50 games in a season given they are the top club in England so should do well in the cups plus Europe. Maybe he can see himself getting 15 or so games and thinks its worth it.

Strange if clubs like United were in for him but only he knows why he moved to be a second choice keeper.

If it's ruined then it's ruined by himself, Chelsea didn't make him make the move. How is it Chelsea's fault? :lol:

He must be confident of game time plus the chance to win medals and play in the CL.

Chelsea and especially Jose have no problem rotating the squad and that includes the keeper. If Courtouis hits a bad bit of form he will find his name on the subs bench.

Chelsea and especially Jose have no problem rotating the squad and that includes the keeper. If Courtouis hits a bad bit of form he will find his name on the subs bench.

One of the reasons that people felt Chelsea's performances dropped in the second half of last season was because he wouldn't rotate the squad and people felt the players were burning out.

It is still a position that they are not as strong as they could be (don't get me wrong i like Shaw and Rojo and actually Blind but only Shaw is an actual left back the others can fill in there if needed) they need to strengthen there if they are serious about a title challenge Imo.

They could go for Filipe Luis or Ansaldi would be an improvement on what they have

Blind played at left back for Ajax

just cause he can play in one or two other positions doesnt mean he isnt a left back