Top Posters In This Topic

• The Godfather

• simplythebest

• G.E.C.

• King_gazza

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wolves are interested in my Chinese cousin

Struggling to piece together Kirk's transfer news.

Posted Images

Falcao suffered a career threatening injury and has never looked the same player since.

He's half a hard slower, that little bit less sharp with his touch, positioning and heart and he struggles to stay fit now.

If Chelsea can get him fit then they get a cracking player but there's huge question marks there just now.

Falcao suffered a career threatening injury and has never looked the same player since.

He's half a hard slower, that little bit less sharp with his touch, positioning and heart and he struggles to stay fit now.

If Chelsea can get him fit then they get a cracking player but there's huge question marks there just now.

Quite often players with injuries like his take 18 months to 2 years to get going again. Naismith is a great example of this, both times.

Same as Torres after his injurys

Finished at 29? :lol:

On his day, he can be the best striker in the world. As he showed against Chelsea with a hat-trick inside the first half against them in the Super Cup. Unbelievable player.

Do you not remember Torres?

Age has nothing to do with it when you get an injury and you lose a few yards of pace

What injuries did Torres have?

Pretty common Knowledge I thought.....

" Torres had problems with a knee injury that required surgery in January and he enjoyed a slower second half to the season. Having flared up once more, Torres had more surgery but allegedly rushed his recovery in order to be ready to play in the World Cup. While not at full fitness, the striker failed to score in the tournament and managed only nine more league goals for Liverpool in the subsequent 2010/11 season before his move to Chelsea"

Pretty common Knowledge I thought.....

" Torres had problems with a knee injury that required surgery in January and he enjoyed a slower second half to the season. Having flared up once more, Torres had more surgery but allegedly rushed his recovery in order to be ready to play in the World Cup. While not at full fitness, the striker failed to score in the tournament and managed only nine more league goals for Liverpool in the subsequent 2010/11 season before his move to Chelsea"

Nah I knew he had problems but couldn't remember the extent

Chelsea paying £50 million was hilarious, everyone knew he was done

I think Costa could go the same way if they don't fix his hamstring issue

That has to be a worry too. He's had bother with it for ages, pre Chelsea, hasn't he?

I'm a really surprised they haven't gone after Benteke tbh. He's such a Mourinho type player and as mental as it is to say 32 million isn't a lot of money these days.

That has to be a worry too. He's had bother with it for ages, pre Chelsea, hasn't he?

I'm a really surprised they haven't gone after Benteke tbh. He's such a Mourinho type player and as mental as it is to say 32 million isn't a lot of money these days.

Yeah ever since the build up to the CL final with Atletico. He done his hamstrings 3 times in less than 2 months...that's not great.

Chelsea he's already has 2 hamstring injuries in one season so really that's around 14 months of persistent injuries of the same nature. At 26 you have to worry the toll it's taking on him long term especially since there's obviously no simple solution (i.e. surgery).

Benteke would be a good signing but it seems for whatever reason Jose wants to push with Falcao which is a strange one considering he will cost them at least 6 million next season (on top of the 130k pw). Chelsea have money to spend, more than they have had in the past few years but I've no idea what they have planned if anything major.

Yeah ever since the build up to the CL final with Atletico. He done his hamstrings 3 times in less than 2 months...that's not great.

Chelsea he's already has 2 hamstring injuries in one season so really that's around 14 months of persistent injuries of the same nature. At 26 you have to worry the toll it's taking on him long term especially since there's obviously no simple solution (i.e. surgery).

Benteke would be a good signing but it seems for whatever reason Jose wants to push with Falcao which is a strange one considering he will cost them at least 6 million next season (on top of the 130k pw). Chelsea have money to spend, more than they have had in the past few years but I've no idea what they have planned if anything major.

Yeah that's not great. To have such a persistent injury with no obvious solution would have alarm bells going if I was managing him.

I couldn't believe it when Mourinho was talking about Falcao and how great he is the other week. He was dreadful for Man Utd and it's a huge risk. If both of them break down, which could easily happen, bcahae they are left with Remy and although he's decent I'm not sure he's a guy who could play upfront for a team competing at the very top of The Premiership.

The Godfather likes this

Happy with the transfers so far at Inter.. Miranda, Murillo, Kondogbia and Montoya are all significant improvements over those going out/

Wouldn't be too gutted if Shaqiri leaves, needs more time to settle but for the money he's on.. he really needed to hit the ground running. Fiorentina now look to be out of the race to sign Salah so hopefully Inter step it up!

The Salah transfer is starting to get a bit messy...

Fiorentina and Chelsea had an agreement that the 6 month loan could be extended for another season.. however Salah is refusing to go back to Fiorentina. Inter have approached Chelsea about signing Salah permanently which has resulted in Fiorentina threatening legal action.

Fiorentina's president has also came out suggesting that Inter should be relegated for breaking fair play rules.

£1.5m for The Biter of Dundee, will celtc spend that on him? He's certainly not worth it, not from what I've seen anyway. Or will he plump for a move to Wigan to play under the future Real Madrid manager, Gary Caldwell?

He's worth it if he goes there get's European football and they sell him on for a few million profit.

They seem to do that quite well regardless of how horrendous their abuse of minors is.

Aye you need to hand it to them when it comes to transfer dealing, the fee's they got for rat face McGeady and then Forster last year :anguish:

Where as we jumped at the chance to let Jelavic go for £5.5m IIRC. We could have held out for a couple million more or kept him but Whyte wanted the quick cash.

The Godfather likes this