Transfers

I'm really surpirsed Spurs haven't gone in for Fonte this week.

They've lost Vertonghen until the end of March/April and Dier isn't great at centre half either so they are a bit short there now.

I know he's 33 and Spurs have a buy younger players policy but if I was Pochettino I would be saying I'm in a real race for the title, one of my first choice centre halfs is injured and a castle experienced player who knows my system and methods is available for 8-12 million, which is pocket change to English clubs and probably even more so if they can go on to win the title, I would be knocking the boards door in demanding they hijack that deal and get it done.

Just now, Gandalf the Blue said:

Depay away to Lyon for £16-£21m. Maybe the PL was a step too far from him. Didnt have much luck at United mind you.

Thought he was very poor any time I seen him but the same can be said for the other 10 players he was playing with.

56 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I'm really surpirsed Spurs haven't gone in for Fonte this week.

They've lost Vertonghen until the end of March/April and Dier isn't great at centre half either so they are a bit short there now.

I know he's 33 and Spurs have a buy younger players policy but if I was Pochettino I would be saying I'm in a real race for the title, one of my first choice centre halfs is injured and a castle experienced player who knows my system and methods is available for 8-12 million, which is pocket change to English clubs and probably even more so if they can go on to win the title, I would be knocking the boards door in demanding they hijack that deal and get it done.

I'd offer Southampton £15m-£20m for van Dijk if I was them.

Depay showing a touch of class though thanking everyone for the support and Rooney for making him feel at home even when he was being slated. 

I agree with the majority in here though, show pony and not much else. Might do well in Ligue 1

59 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Marseille don't want Payet now. Probably waiting to get him free in the summer. 

Bournemouth have bid for Begovic. He'd be a good signing for them, they need rid of that donkey Boruc

Begovic is a quality 'keeper.  Signed for Chelsea to sit on their bench when he was in the prime of his career.  Could probably do better than Bournemouth.

1 minute ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Always said this, Liverpool should have signed him over Mingolet.

Aye he is much better than Mingolet.

I always liked Begovic at Stoke, so it was disappointing to see him chase the cash and go to Chelsea to warm their bench.  There was no way Mourinho was going to drop Courtois for him. 

33 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I always liked Begovic at Stoke, so it was disappointing to see him chase the cash and go to Chelsea to warm their bench.  There was no way Mourinho was going to drop Courtois for him. 

Can't blame him tbf, his wages probably tripled.

While I agree that it wasn't the best career move for him, he's still only 29. Don't see Courtois going anywhere any time soon, but he might get a move elsewhere. Or end up like Hilario and be at the club for 8 year and make less than a season's worth of appearances. :lol:

4 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

He became Mourinho's number 1 in his last few months did he not?