Transfers

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Yeah but Otamendi is most likely going so that frees up a homegrown space. City need two Cbs. Him out and Alderweireld in for a similar fee would be excellent business. 

Why they singed Mangala to a one year extension I will never know.

Think Rodri takes up the free space iirc maybe it's a wage issue as Alderweireld will see this as his last big move so prob looking for 300k plus etc. 

Maguire would prob want half the wages but cost 3 times as much so fuck knows tbh I too would try and accommodate Alderweireld over their other targets tbh.

2 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

True but i'll balance it out by saying Perez was playing in a woeful Newcastle side while Firmino was in the best Liverpool side since they last won the league .

Being honest though I don't think he is worth £30m but what a profit for Ashley.

Tbf I don't get the hype around Firmino either in all honesty. I don't think he'd look out of place playing for a Newcastle or a Leicester either but that's just my opinion.

Agree it's some bit of business for Newcastle but it really is just becoming the going rate for a player in that league now which is ridiculous. You can whack an extra £20m on top if they're English too.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Tbf I don't get the hype around Firmino either in all honesty. I don't think he'd look out of place playing for a Newcastle or a Leicester either but that's just my opinion.

Agree it's some bit of business for Newcastle but it really is just becoming the going rate for a player in that league now which is ridiculous. You can whack an extra £20m on top if they're English too.

He does the job that Klopp needs tbh hold up the ball and play in  others that's his strength in all honesty .

All the big clubs are guilty tbh as they are all fighting for the same players which drives up the price and inflates the wages .

16 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Rodri took the Kompany spot.

They do badly want Cancelo though. But he could take Danilos spot from last year.

Rodri, Cancelo and Alderweireld instead of Kompany, Danilo and Otamendi makes City even stronger. 

Rodri is taking fernandinhos role I think 

4 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

🤯

14 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Firminho does a lot of good work and creates space for Mane and Salah to come in off the wings as he has dragged defenders out of the middle and usually the ball is then put into the middle/far post to score.  The man can score a goal but between the front three they make a great trio that seem to know where the other will be without looking.

How can anyone honestly say firmino isn't a quality player. Best in his role in the league easily, plays in a rotation with Salah and Mane and doesn't look out of place in any of their positions. Movement and linkup play are incredible.