Transfers

4 minutes ago, CrawfordRfc said:

Ejaria to reading for £3.5 million🙈🙈🙈World’s gone mad. 

Tbh that's about right for a player of his ability in the championship, didn't settle with us but I've saw him score a good few belters last season 

So players' contracts were extended so seasons could be finished, etc. but the deadline is passed for him to leave on a free because "we'll not extend that part", Bosman shite all over again.  Be interesting to see how serious he really is about leaving now and whether he'll actually say fuck you, I'm not playing and I'll leave for free next year. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Tbf players had to agree to extend beyond the season and some declined. Others like Werner who were under contract never played as were moving to new clubs.

This was always going to be the case as the clause was specific to a period. 

In all honesty, I've not paid that much attention to it all mate and I'm not actually sure he really wants to leave and it's a bit of a political play to get the club sorted.  The interesting part is now how serious is he about leaving as no one is going to meet that release clause. 

21 hours ago, EMRFC said:

La Liga don’t have a say, they also said Neymar couldn’t leave...

They said Neymar couldn't buy out his contract with Websters Law or whatever that was, when really he could do.

Still think the play by Messi here is to clear out the hierarchy at Barca and not to engineer a move to City.

21 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Neymar situation was a completely different scenario and has no relevance here.

La Liga were 100% wrong in attempting to 'knock back' the release clause payment and it went through straight after as it was a legal binding release clause and that's why they had to no option to sign off the registration for him to complete the move to PSG. Neymar couldn't move without La Liga signing it off. The leagues argument of financial fair play is as weak as Messi lawyers saying 'in good faith and the spirit of the deal'.. 

Both are legal binding contracts and as a result Messi will not be able to leave on a free due to a specific date in the contract, reported all over the media as the 10th June.

I'm even more convinced he definitely wants to go tbh, people close to him and the situation are adamant he's made up his mind and even if the board goes he does not trust Koeman. Suarez leaving was another huge issue to him. 

No more love bites?