Transfers

Aston Villa sign Martinez from Arsenal for a fee rising to 20 million.

Just shows how mental English football is. Nobody would have batted an eyelid if he had left for 2 million a couple of months back and after a handful of games his value is ten times that amount. Madness. :lol:

Just now, DBBTB said:

Aston Villa sign Martinez from Arsenal for a fee rising to 20 million.

Just shows how mental English football is. Nobody would have batted an eyelid if he had left for 2 million a couple of months back and after a handful of games his value is ten times that amount. Madness. :lol:

Is that the young Brazilian boy mate?

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Is that the young Brazilian boy mate?

No mate it’s the keeper who came into the team after the restart when Leno was injured. Granted, he did look good, but was that a purple patch or is he actually a keeper worth 20 million? 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He was class tbf, basically a quarter of what Kepa cost Chelsea, bargain.

He was class but it was over a fairly pretty short period of time so it will be interesting to see if he can maintain it.

It seems to happen all the time in England where people have a purple patch or a good season and then their value rockets before they sort of revert to type.

It happened with the likes of Danny Drinkwater and Callum Wilson too. 

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He was class but it was over a fairly pretty short period of time so it will be interesting to see if he can maintain it.

It seems to happen all the time in England where people have a purple patch or a good season and then their value rockets before they sort of revert to type.

It happened with the likes of Danny Drinkwater and Callum Wilson too. 

Wilson’s been decent for a few years tbf, Drinkwater was baffling though

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wilson’s been decent for a few years tbf, Drinkwater was baffling though

Wilson is a really decent player but it was crazy how he had that one really strong season a couple god years back and there was talk of Bournemouth wanting like 70 or 80 million for him. Imagine somebody had paid it :lol:

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Thought it wss the winger boy 😂😂.

I've no clue about anything outside Rangers anymore 

Im the same, now I don't play football manager and only watch the Rangers i haven't got a clue what's going on in other leagues. 

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I need to.ask my wee boy who most players are these days 

It's bad isn't it. I don't know if its that I don't have much free time anymore to enjoy watching other leagues or the fact that modern football/premier league puts me off. 

2 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

It's bad isn't it. I don't know if its that I don't have much free time anymore to enjoy watching other leagues or the fact that modern football/premier league puts me off. 

I think when I played a lot of CM/FM it helped me and I watched loads of football now im scunnered with anything outwith us tbh 

30 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Watford have sold defender Pervis Estupinan to La Liga side Villarreal for an initial fee of around £15m.

The Ecuador international joined Watford in 2016 from LDU Quito but never made a competitive first-team appearance, with the left-back sent out on loan for the past four seasons.

Fucking hell!

Think they are reportedly looking for a similar fee for their Luis Suarez too are they not?

52 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Thoughts on Bale potentially going back to Spurs. Do you think he will be good for them or are his best days behind him now?

I don't know if he can stay fit enough or if he is still hungry to play anymore. He is more know for playing golf in Madrid than playing football now, although that's what the media say.