Transfers

Just now, esquire8 said:

And doubled their money. Didn't they sign him 2 years ago and put him out on loan to Betis?

Didn't double their money, they paid €13m to co-own him 2 years ago, then another €10m to make it permanent this summer, so they've made about £5-6m profit if you convert to GBP. Absolute pittance and left with Sergino Dest as RB with Sergi Roberto as back-up. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Don't think that is quite accurate mate. The 13m Euros was split between them at Betis and they signed him for 9m Euros this summer. So that's 15.5m Euros they paid and sold him for 30 + add ons so they have doubled their money?

Fair, I had thought the fee they paid was 13m from them and 13m from Betis but have obviously picked it up wrong

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You seen much of him mate?

Only seen him a small amount of times, but Barca look to be getting a good deal here as he never really looked great from what I saw. Although he was praised for his time at Betis and linked to Arsenal and both Milan clubs.

He was good at Betis and still only 22 plus got capped by Brazil a few times this year in the Copa - I think the upside Barca could have got from him was huge. They obviously see Dest as the future and he is quick and skillful, but Emerson is a physical specimen and totally different kind of full-back. Can't be far off 6 foot tall, very strong and good in the air. I'd compare him more to a Maicon than a Dani Alves. 

2 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Lyon sign Jerome Boateng 

Nobody went in for Aouar which is very surprising. Every time I have seen him play he has been an absolute standout player. Given we drew them, I was hoping he would get a move away and weaken Lyon

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its weird, has the feel of Fekir around it.

Rated highly, linked with many clubs but ended up at Real Betis.

Think doing his cruciate just put a lot of teams off for the kind of money Lyon wanted from the big English clubs. Betis did end up paying a pretty chunky fee 

On Aouar, some old Lyon manager was saying that he thinks his attitude is poor and he only rocks up for the big games