Transfers

On 21/02/2022 at 14:39, McEwan's Lager said:

There were a few Aarhus fans supporting us in Dortmund on Thursday. No idea how/where they fit in.

Boy I know from there is a fan of ours.

It was him with the ridiculous amount of refunds after Brondby clocked on to home end purchases.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Bayern after Mane, could be a goer with his contract up in the summer of 2023. Apparently annoyed Liverpool concentrated on Salah new deal over him.

Haaland to City will be confirmed this week.

Haaland to city could see them go to a different planet, level wise. 

They've no got a so called stick out player, but have a stick out missing player for a position. 

Frightening 

HBs kicked in imo 

2 hours ago, demise said:

I somehow dont believe that Haaland will produce the same numbers as he did in BVB. He will definitely be a huge upgrade on what City have right now though. 

Absolutely he will produce the same numbers. He will be as successful as Aguero was imo.

Whenver I’ve seen Halaand play I’ve found him to be a very direct, powerful aggressive player - running at defenders, getting in behind, firing shots off from distance, that sort of thing but City are the opposite of that because they are so intricate with their patterns of play and their passing so it’s going to be very interesting to see how he fits into City’s system, or if they maybe even tweak their system a bit to accommodate him.

31 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Whenver I’ve seen Halaand play I’ve found him to be a very direct, powerful aggressive player - running at defenders, getting in behind, firing shots off from distance, that sort of thing but City are the opposite of that because they are so intricate with their patterns of play and their passing so it’s going to be very interesting to see how he fits into City’s system, or if they maybe even tweak their system a bit to accommodate him.

I said the exact same to one of my best mates on Friday, there's top players who are not suited to certain styles and systems and I honestly believe City play a style that doesn't suit Haaland's game. He will score goals and I hope I'm completely wrong, but I think Kane, Lewandowski etc are far better fits.  

Real Madrid would have been perfect for him. 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I said the exact same to one of my best mates on Friday, there's top players who are not suited to certain styles and systems and I honestly believe City play a style that doesn't suit Haaland's game. He will score goals and I hope I'm completely wrong, but I think Kane, Lewandowski etc are far better fits.  

Real Madrid would have been perfect for him. 

Yeah it sounds crazy to say it because he’s obviously one of the best strikers around at the moment but it feels a little bit like a square peg in a round hole. Definitely going to need to be adaptions on either or both sides to get the very best out of him. Thought the same when Barca were being linked with him for similar reasons. Also agree that Real would have been the perfect move for him. Think that’s where he will ultimately end up in 3/4 years time anyway.

5 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He’ll be superb in Europe for them, it’ll take him a couple of seasons to find his feet in the prem. 

Grealish was an utter waste of money and I still can’t believe they signed him. Doubt Pep was involved in that one 

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

He’ll be superb in Europe for them, it’ll take him a couple of seasons to find his feet in the prem. 

Grealish was an utter waste of money and I still can’t believe they signed him. Doubt Pep was involved in that one 

Most players in Premiership are overrated. Even more when they are English and every league apart from the Premiership, according to the English are pub leagues.