Transfers

14 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

At this stage of the window and how desperate they are I'm not sure they could do better tbh

It’s laughable because it should never have got to a point where they are this desperate.

How can one of the biggest clubs in the world not identify a player who is 23-25 and on the upward trajectory of their career?

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s laughable because it should never have got to a point where they are this desperate.

How can one of the biggest clubs in the world not identify a player who is 23-25 and on the upward trajectory of their career?

Completely agree but this late in the window and when the alternatives are apparently Icardi and Morata for a season I think he would probably 'do a job'. Not ideal but better than the 2 mentioned and Martial.

6 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Any specific names mate?

Only one I'm coming up with is Lautaro Martínez.

Nkunku is not realistic imo

22 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Any specific names mate?

Only one I'm coming up with is Lautaro Martínez.

Nkunku is not realistic imo

It’s quite a tough one really because like you say about Nkunku, a lot of players aren’t realistic because of the mess Man Utd are in, so I don’t think they could get a big impressive name, but I actually think that’s a strategy they need to move away from anyway.

I know he’s not got the best record at Nice but I think Dolberg is a really good overall player. Think he’s one of those guys who would do well leading the line in England even if he did only score every 1 in 3.

Luis Suarez who went to Marseille could have been a shout, and even though he’s a bit older Millik would be an upgrade on what they have (outwith Ronaldo who’s disinterested anyway).

Also think Ivan Toney would do really well in a better team than Brentford as well, but he would cost a fortune because of where he plays so i’m not sure he would be value for money.

There’s definitely been options there for them, but there’s so many problems at the club I’m not even surprised they aren’t spotting them.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s quite a tough one really because like you say about Nkunku, a lot of players aren’t realistic because of the mess Man Utd are in, so I don’t think they could get a big impressive name, but I actually think that’s a strategy they need to move away from anyway.

I know he’s not got the best record at Nice but I think Dolberg is a really good overall player. Think he’s one of those guys who would do well leading the line in England even if he did only score every 1 in 3.

Luis Suarez who went to Marseille could have been a shout, and even though he’s a bit older Millik would be an upgrade on what they have (outwith Ronaldo who’s disinterested anyway).

Also think Ivan Toney would do really well in a better team than Brentford as well, but he would cost a fortune because of where he plays so i’m not sure he would be value for money.

There’s definitely been options there for them.

Apparently Ragnick told them to get Nkunku and Alvarez

14 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Interesting shout actually.

They've been linked to Dembele again and Cunha at Atletico Madrid.