Transfers

1 hour ago, Somemightsay7 said:

£17m for 4 months is insane.

Also Nkunku doesn't join till the summer, so they won't play together.

Personally think Felix is vastly overrated. 

Hes a great player.. just happens to be playing for the wrong manager and tactics. He will shine in a more attacking team.

Just now, johanhentze said:

Hes a great player.. just happens to be playing for the wrong manager and tactics. He will shine in a more attacking team.

Maybe, but he's got a poor record for Portugal too.

He just seems to be one of this players that 'Will be great' or 'Will come good' but yet to actually show anything other than one season for Benfica.

Suarez, Griezmann, Correa, Morata all outscored him for Atletico. I'd actually like him to do well but I'm not sold yet.

2 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Maybe, but he's got a poor record for Portugal too.

He just seems to be one of this players that 'Will be great' or 'Will come good' but yet to actually show anything other than one season for Benfica.

Suarez, Griezmann, Correa, Morata all outscored him for Atletico. I'd actually like him to do well but I'm not sold yet.

He wasnt played as a striker, though. I watch most Atletico games and even Messi would struggle in the role he was playing. The players you mentioned played as strikers for them, more or less. If you werent playing as a striker, then you were nowhere near the goal. The boy is a player.

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

He wasnt played as a striker, though. I watch most Atletico games and even Messi would struggle in the role he was playing. The players you mentioned played as strikers for them, more or less. If you werent playing as a striker, then you were nowhere near the goal. The boy is a player.

That's not true at all.

He's played over 100 times for Atletico as a CF and SS. 

Carrasco has a 1 in 3 record for goals/assists playing wide for Atletico, not bad for being nowhere near the goal.

Sounds like you don't watch Atletico tbh

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That's not true at all.

He's played over 100 times for Atletico as a CF and SS. 

Carrasco has a 1 in 3 record for goals/assists playing wide for Atletico, not bad for being nowhere near the goal.

Sounds like you don't watch Atletico tbh

I do. He plays mostly as an attacking mid/left winger. In Simeones system that means picking up the ball in the middle of the pitch a lot of the time.

My predictions have been shocking lately but I’m going to go on a whim and say I think Weghorst will do well for Man Utd.

Think it’ll play out similar to how it for when Ten Hag signed Haller for Ajax and all the English media thought it was hilarious because he didn’t do well for West Ham before the move there.

3 hours ago, Professor_Chang said:

Joao Felix sent off on his debut. Chelsea are a mess😂

It was madness just throwing him in like that, but he actually did ok.. terrible challenge though and Chelsea were pish on the whole. They should really get a striker in this window.