Doncaster " Rangers are not Special"

North Rd

Doncaster should just shut the f*ck up. The 'man' is an idiot.

"As in Footbal -- as in business"

Football IS a business! Saying he has no idea about the difference between a CVA or a NewCo.....ffs!

i dont think any bear wants "special" treatment, just "fair" treatment. In my post yesterday i highlighted several other clubs in similar situations. Portsmouth went into administration with unpaid VATE NI & PAYE to the tune of 12m. They got the standard points deduction but the FA didn't see fit to go and further punishment for pissing off the taxman.

Gretna was a particularly good example. HMRC hit them with a winding-up order when Gretna were an SPL side to the tune of 300k (which is just as huge as our bill in terms of relativity to the clubs revenue). Thye got the 10 points but no furtehr sanctions. Why not? Infact the SPL were so concerned they wouldnt fufill their fixtures and make a mockery of the league, the SPL paid the salaries of Gretna players themselves.

To quote him in 2011:

Reverting to one home game and one away for the old firm would be "hugely damaging" to the SPL's finance. So what would be like without any Rangers games?

He is a bawbag and a bit of a turncoat.

I'm sure we are all getting far too worked up about this, we'll feel really daft just once the SFA announce their retrospective transfer embargos on Motherwell, Dundee and Livingston, as well as the action one poster mentioned that will obviously be taken out against Hearts, who were actually served with a winding up order for non-payment of tax.

cant see it posted earlier....... is this a taste to come for the " Newco"

Gers are fuming after failing to have stiff SFA sanctions overturned on appeal. But SPL chief Doncaster said: “We will continue to deal with clubs equally under the rules. Our job is to apply those rules, without fear or favour to every single one of the 12 member clubs. That’s what we will do.

“It’s our job to explain that what we are doing is treating people equally. If everyone understands that then what will be the reason to be aggrieved about the outcome?

“Every club will be treated exactly the same. I can’t get into ‘special cases’.

“Our job is to apply the rules fairly and evenly to every SPL club.”

Things could get even worse for stricken Gers when league bosses meet at Hampden on May 30 to vote on changing their rules on financial fair play.

Their proposals could see Rangers hit with a ten-point penalty for two more seasons if they exit administration through a newco.

Gaffer Ally McCoist claims Gers are so vital for Scottish football they shouldn’t be hammered.

But Doncaster — who met Ibrox buyer Charles Green at Hampden yesterday — added: “The questions Rangers were asking were the obvious questions, where we are and where we plan to go. We spoke to members of the board from the SFA and also executives of the SPL. It’s been a very productive day.

“We are happy everyone is positive in looking for the best for Rangers and the SPL.”

Green is still battling to take Gers out of administration through a CVA and not a newco.

Crucially that would see them dodge a three-year suspsension from European football.

Doncaster, though, argues there is not a huge difference between the two options.

He said: “Whenever I speak to people about the distinction between a CVA and a newco what I keep being told is it’s simply wrong that any club should be able to create a newco and shed debt. As if a CVA doesn’t lead to the shedding of debt.

“Administration is the protection the court gives you when you can’t pay your debts.

“There are two ways out of that — one is a newco, one is a CVA.

“Of the six administrations which have happened down south in recent years two went with a CVA and a newco — Crystal Palace and Plymouth — and there were four where there was no CVA and a newco.

“But the distinction between the two is relatively fine. I am baffled as to why such a distinction is drawn.

“When Livingston were relegated to Division Three did they cease to exist and start again? Of course they didn’t.

“It’s not OK to waive £90million of debt, of course it’s not. But it happens. In football as in business.”

The SPL are still investigating the alleged ‘double contracts’ at Ibrox but Doncaster revealed no verdict is likely soon.

He added: “It will take some time and, ultimately, it’s being done by our lawyers.

“How long will it take? How long has the HMRC case taken?

“These things take as long as they take.”

Meanwhile, Ibrox fans could push ahead with their plans to boycott away matches after Gers lost their appeal against the £160,000 fine and transfer embargo imposed by the SFA.

Fans’ spokesman Andy Kerr said: “After losing the appeal we will now consider what might be the best action to take in the interests of Rangers.

“There will definitely be a call not to support away matches because that is directly impacting on other clubs who are members of the SFA.”

Read more: http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz1vDSTQrmn

What punishments did hearts receive then for not paying there players 4 months in a row and for getting 3 winding up orders from HMRC?