It's a game of bluff

Sitting watching this all unfold from down under and it has struck me that this is the biggest game of bluff I have ever watched.

Those who dictate the Scottish game believe that they can bluff the Rangers fans that's why they have stood firm on the transfer ban and continue to go after us. They think that all talks of boycotts will disappear as soon as the season starts, they are banking on us backing down because we love our club more than we hate the others, as it's supposed to be (scum are you reading). I think they have tried one bluff to many and it has the potential to bring the whole lot down.

What clubs have asked that the SPL provide a fund in the instance that the penalties we have been given do have an adverse affect on their income streams causing them to struggle financially. It was one of the topics covered and assurances have been given that the clubs will be ok, how's that for a bit of double standards.

Good post (tu)

But the fact is they know they have us by the short and curlies.

They believe any boycott is futile in the long run.

They won't kick us out, they'll gloat watching us hamstrung and struggling in the SPL while taking our money.

They know the club can't take them to court, uefa don't like that.(maybe the fans could)

We can't resign immediately from the SPL, it takes 2 years.

Our only hope is to stay united, boycott and hurt them in the pocket but how long will it last?

Sitting watching this all unfold from down under and it has struck me that this is the biggest game of bluff I have ever watched.

Those who dictate the Scottish game believe that they can bluff the Rangers fans that's why they have stood firm on the transfer ban and continue to go after us. They think that all talks of boycotts will disappear as soon as the season starts, they are banking on us backing down because we love our club more than we hate the others, as it's supposed to be (scum are you reading). I think they have tried one bluff to many and it has the potential to bring the whole lot down.

What clubs have asked that the SPL provide a fund in the instance that the penalties we have been given do have an adverse affect on their income streams causing them to struggle financially. It was one of the topics covered and assurances have been given that the clubs will be ok, how's that for a bit of double standards.

Wit and see ya ........

What I don't agree with is the continual stalling by the governing bodies to set out punishments. If they wish to put in place procedures and sanctions for clubs who go into administration or are in danger of being liquidated then do so, by putting off these decisions they leave themselves open to accusations of bias, of having a grudge against us (or indeed seen to be favouring us in terms of other clubs supporters views) and so on.

This game of bluff could backfire on the game as a whole in this country and as usual we have people in power who are trying to play poker with only 4 cards to make a hand but with a deck up their sleeve.

You didn't go to away grounds anyway, so will have no more effect on them.

But it will have a continued effect. Every time I don't go, they don't get they money. My brothers have now joined me and, next season at least, I hope many thousands more do so too.

What about yourself, Casey? I know away-days are your preference.

But it will have a continued effect. Every time I don't go, they don't get they money. My brothers have now joined me and, next season at least, I hope many thousands more do so too.

What about yourself, Casey? I know away-days are your preference.

I, like thousands of others, will still be following The Rangers - as long as there is no newco.

Amazing stuff. You'll give money to club enemies, but will throw the towel in if the business has to evolve to save the club?

:lol:

Your standards are your business, and as such I wouldn't criticise you for holding them.

With you being such a supercillious cunt, your response came as no surprise. Such is life.

Your standards are your business, and as such I wouldn't criticise you for holding them.

With you being such a supercillious cunt, your response came as no surprise. Such is life.

I think that supercilious cunt was pretty critical :lol:

Not that I mind (although brass-neck rich coming from you) because I can't impact on other's choice's.

Mind you - those 'thousands' who might chuck it? They'll no be missed. It's no as if it hasn't happened before.

I think that supercilious cunt was pretty critical :lol:

Not that I mind (although brass-neck rich coming from you) because I can't impact on other's choice's.

Mind you - those 'thousands' who might chuck it? They'll no be missed. It's no as if it hasn't happened before.

I wasn't criticising your principles, just your inability to accept that others have their own feelings regarding Rangers.

im like Moses i will stop giving certain teams my cash starting with the earls

will probably still need to go on bus to most but it will just be a day out for me without the agony of watching the team :D

casey only goes to use his free rail pass :lol:

im like Moses i will stop giving certain teams my cash starting with the earls

will probably still need to go on bus to most but it will just be a day out for me without the agony of watching the team :D

casey only goes to use his free rail pass :lol:

I need the ninety minutes to sober up. ;)

The same "thousands" who will chuck it will be back in a few weeks. Same club, same name, same place, same fans.

normally i would agree with this mate but ive heard from guys who never miss matchs who will not attend if we newco, i dont want to get inbto a debate about whether its right or wrong but i respect these guys as they have given enough over the years.

I wasn't criticising your principles, just your inability to accept that others have their own feelings regarding Rangers.

Of course I accept it - I don't understand it.

But, it's absolutely down to the choice of the individual and I wouldn't have that any other way. Although, as I said to Gunslinger, I'd much rather you have a change of heart and continue to follow on.

We need all the committed support we can get.

normally i would agree with this mate but ive heard from guys who never miss matchs who will not attend if we newco, i dont want to get inbto a debate about whether its right or wrong but i respect these guys as they have given enough over the years.

That would depend on who buys us, no?

Most folk have no principles, I've come to accept that. Rightly or wrongly.

If we were changing our name, our ground and our colours, I quite believe many people would stop forever. I definately would. I don't doubt the sincerity of anyone who says they won't follow on if its a newco, I just think it'll be a tiny minority who follow that through.

We'll just have to wait and see.