Futsal

GOAT

Just watching SSN, and they done a report on it, maybe we should get our youth teams to practice this as because the ball is smaller, the goals are smaller and the ball movws faster than the normal football, it's good for tight skillful one touch football. Would be good to develop our youngsters as early as possible.

It was founded in South America and is really popular there, and look at the quality they produce.

Aye but oor coaches would try and fill a team wi big lanky cunts wi feet 10 sizes too big for their age and get rid of all the wee skinny lads, so we would end up wi a fucking wierd version of voleyball played wi the heid and nae net.

I think this is a great idea. I actually looked in to it about a yearago for myself and also the youth team I coach.However,there is just not the infrastructre for this at the moment which is a massive shame.

Definitely something the sfa should be looking at for the early years of kids football life. It hugely change the types of players we would produce imo.

here ya go mate! There is a Scottish Futsal League, Rangers should get involved, i have been involved in Oz with Futsal for 10 years now and all the schools etc in each state are starting to play Futsal comps. Futsal is the starter for kids playing football in Brazil before they are moved onto a bigger pitch at a certain age, hence why they all have great ball skils and very comfortable on the ball.

Anyhow if you are interested here is the the scottish futsal website

http://www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/scottishfutsal

cheers

AR

Scottish futsal league is in perth, last summer we held the qualifying for the champions league of futsal, like most scottish participants in europe we get put out at the first hurdle. Perth Saltires are developing young players and have set up an acadamy (select squads u14s u16s and u18s) and a skills school for the primary school children and those who arent in the acadamy. So we have the structure in place and run youth leagues on friday nights. the adult leagues are on monday nights and have two leagues, the Perth saltires are one of the better teams in the top divison and due to some fifa ruling the Perth Youth Saltires have to play in the second division despite qualifying for the top league, i play for the youth saltires and we finished 2nd in the second divison and are going down to london and derby to play in tournaments in the summer.

Just watching SSN, and they done a report on it, maybe we should get our youth teams to practice this as because the ball is smaller, the goals are smaller and the ball movws faster than the normal football, it's good for tight skillful one touch football. Would be good to develop our youngsters as early as possible.

It was founded in South America and is really popular there, and look at the quality they produce.

I play futsal with my squad at least once a week and the difference in their touch is unreal. I believe the Gers u12s play futsal and this squad in particular, the one I come up against, is terrific and one of the best in the UK (and possibly beyond). They won a prestigious tournament in Belgium last year and tore my team to shreds which isn't necessarily the norm.

The only criticism I would have of our youth setup which makes it different from the one I work at is that there is such a huge change from technical development to attitudinal development at u15s level. Now, it has its plus points as each and every one of the youth players to step into the first team this year have been mentally ready but I think we take too much technical work away too soon.

I play futsal with my squad at least once a week and the difference in their touch is unreal. I believe the Gers u12s play futsal and this squad in particular, the one I come up against, is terrific and one of the best in the UK (and possibly beyond). They won a prestigious tournament in Belgium last year and tore my team to shreds which isn't necessarily the norm.

The only criticism I would have of our youth setup which makes it different from the one I work at is that there is such a huge change from technical development to attitudinal development at u15s level. Now, it has its plus points as each and every one of the youth players to step into the first team this year have been mentally ready but I think we take too much technical work away too soon.

Attitude development is vitally important though, especially here with all the sluts and bevy kicking around for lads at that age.

Attitude development is vitally important though, especially here with all the sluts and bevy kicking around for lads at that age.

That's true. I mean, we can develop all the technical attributes we want but if he finds bucky and burds then we're fucked either way. I think, though, that our coaches should simply be developing technical players and through club initiatives and parental stewardship the boys should be fine. Through speaking to boys in the older squads and some of the coaches themselves they are treated like pro adults long before they ought to be and tend to neglect/scale back on technical development.

The guys who run the Rangers Youth Team fail on every count, if you go to any off the kids teams most parents tell the kids to avoid Rangers they really are that bad.

I think its the fact that we are one of only 2 clubs in the country who have a professional youth team for youth age groups as well as 1 to 2 development squads for the same age. The boys in the pro youth team get "punted" if one of the development guys are good enough and the development guys aren't signed to the club so tend to get messed about a fair bit.

In terms of producing technical, talented players up to u13s are spot on from what I see....then something seems to change.

"founded in South America" !

this sounds lie "tanner ba' fitba'" my old man used to talk about and we played on the streets