Time to play hardball with the SFA

Oso

Quis Custodiet Custodiem? For the non-Latin scholars, "Who guards the guards?"

The SFA have declared that Craig Whyte was an unsuitable person to run a football club and have punished the club for it after they had initially sanctioned the purchase. By this logic, the SFA are guilty of not screening him properly before the purchase and have failed in their duty of care to both Rangers FC and the Scottish game in genreal.

Therefore I propose that the club raises a complaint about the SFA under Articles:

2 (e) "prevent all methods or practices which might jeopardise the regularity of matches or competitions or give rise to the abuse of football;"

2 (j) "ensure that the needs of the different stakeholders in European football (leagues, clubs, players, supporters) are properly taken into account;"

Furthermore I think that the undue pressure from certain areas of Scottish football could result in a charge under section 2 (b) "promote football in Europe in a spirit of peace, understanding and fair play, without any discrimination on account of politics, gender, religion, race or any other reason;"

The SFA's failure to properly screen breaches 2 (e) and (j) and the way the vitriol flowing from the East End and the pressure that has been exerted on the SFA from there has influenced the SFA to a point where a case can be raised under section 2(b). 2(b) offences will be harder to prove than the 2(e) and 2(j) but there is enough evidence in the public domain, I think, for a successful case to be raised. The threat of this could be then used to negate the fines and the transfer ban, as the SFA was complicit in the alleged transgressions in the first place.

Duff and Phelps, the new consortium and the various supporter's associations should attack the SFA through UEFA. The authority for this is in Article 3 of UEFA's Statutes as "UEFA, as the football governing body at European level, may

recognise and involve in the consultation process in European football matters, groups representing the interests of the various stakeholders of European football (leagues, clubs, players,

supporters), provided that they are:

a) organised in accordance with UEFA’s Statutes, regulations

and values;

b) constituted in a democratic, open and transparent manner."

Thank you for reading this long post. It is now time to take action against this inept and incompetent organisation.

Totally agree - excellent post. As well as pursuing all means to bring the sfa to account we should also be calling for a full and public investigation surrounding the sale of our club given the testimonies of several people that due diligence was not observed. Funny how Donald Muir managed to find a prospective buyer for the club when AJ's worldwide search had proved fruitless...

Why bother with uefa, let the court of the land decide on what is fair and equitable.

You don't honestly think uefa bent cunts are going to find against one of their member associations do you ?

Funny is not really the word i would use Dart. I now believe the sfa were completely complicit in allowing whyte through the door. Probably at the will of lawwell and his lackies. Sdm started the rot, regan, whyte and lawwell finished it.

Agree with the OP, we should be taking this all the way, we have been dumped on as a club and fanbase for for too long its time to take a stand no-matter what others say or think this is all about us now.

Also agree with D'Art I have also been saying for a wee while now there has to be a public inquiry into what has happened to our club Rangers are far to big an institution and means to much to scottish society for there not to be, things have been mis-managed to such a large scale things cannot be allowed just to slip by and certain people cannot be allowed to walk away scot-free from this, perhaps groups such as the RFFF etc could persue this course of action, or at least push MP's into action.

uefa will do fuck all, Bosman had the right idea they don't like it up 'em and can't defend the indefensible in open court, anyone who thinks different is delusional.

Uefa have not been helpful to us at all in the past....even undermining their own decisions after an appeal by the Jesuit educated Austrian

on another note....I must have missed Uefa's reponse to the infamous tim banner telling them to go and fuck themselves....what was the outcome of that ?

Good post, but the problem is until we actually get bought over and they are in it for the long term we have no one at Ibrox who will fight our corner until it actually belongs to them, hopefully then we can come out fighting,

I have no doubt that things are going on behind the scenes but unfortunately we are left out of the picture at the moment regarding major decisions.

I fervently hope if and when the Green consortium take over that they have big balls and take these bastards on and call there bluff, if that doesn't work do as the OP suggests and take every avenue open to us.

Uefa have not been helpful to us at all in the past....even undermining their own decisions after an appeal by the Jesuit educated Austrian

on another note....I must have missed Uefa's reponse to the infamous tim banner telling them to go and fuck themselves....what was the outcome of that ?

A fine of £20k.

What about that Court of Arbitration for Sport - are they likely to give us a fair go?

The only place we will get a fair go is in open court, the bawbags at uefa and fifa can make all the threats they like about bans and expulsions,they will have to and they know it abide by and implement the decision of an open court, the law of the land so to speak.

The club should stop fucking about and make it quite clear to the sfa/spl/uefa/fifa that we are going down the open court route, and will be seeking injunctions to set aside any bullshit sfa/spl decisions until open court decides, watch the fuckers panic !

Maybe FIFA would be interested if UEFA isnt?

Bit like asking a kid would you rather be raped by a priest or a bishop --- both corrupt as fuck.

This needs to go through the Scottish courts if possible. If not then take it to the European courts. UEFA considered a transfer ban and received advice that it was probably illegal under European law.

Lets go that route.

Bit like asking a kid would you rather be raped by a priest or a bishop --- both corrupt as fuck.

This needs to go through the Scottish courts if possible. If not then take it to the European courts. UEFA considered a transfer ban and received advice that it was probably illegal under European law.

Lets go that route.

Sounds good - are the European courts the same as the ones in the Hague?

I would suggest that we should lodge an appeal in the Scottish courts, and ask for an injunction against the SFA imposing their registration ban in the interim period. That would give time for the hearing to take place, without us having to serve the sentence.

So we take the SFA to court, would it not be the case we be 12 months down the line anyway in court dates to maybe win our case?

Seems like a lot of time and money spent, on the off chance we might win. I may add time and money that would be better spent elsewhere.

Surely we couldn't lose ina fair court. The 12 month injunction would give us the opportunity to wipe the floor with all the doubters and corrupt clubs who are trying to stab us in the back and scheme against us.

Very interesting piece. I trust Duffers & Whelps and those that administer the RFFF are considering this approach. Problem with all legal actions is, of course, the timescale. I think it would be necessary to first obtain an injunction to prevent the SPL/SFA from applying any sanctions to allow such action to run its tortuous course.