Euro 2012 should be a freebee for Hodgson

What with the joke reaction from England fans to the squad selection it looks like they'll be no hesitation in calling for Roy Hodgson's head after the tournement this summer, they really don't do themselves any favours when it comes to reputation for being too demanding, the guy hasn't even had a friendly yet and is being written off.

I hope the FA don't give into any of that though, they've given him a four year deal with an apparent break out clause in 2014, which seems right. He's been in the door five minutes while still having to finish West Brom's season and a major tournement is around the corner, a totally different manager qualified yet resigned about four months before the tournement, such a situation is very unusual.

I just don't see how Hodgson can be judged and punted based on the Euros, even if they went out in the group stages, there's no way he can get his mark on the England team so quickly. The 2014 World Cup gives him a qualication campaign and a proper chance to make it his side, if he totally bombs that then fair enough, but there's no way he should leave this summer whatever England do in June.

The English press won't be happy until Roy is out and Harry is in.

I honestly believe it didn't matter who they appointed, the only way press would be happy is with Harry.

I honestly believe it didn't matter who they appointed, the only way press would be happy is with Harry.

This.

I think it is unfair to think that the public force England managers out. It is generally the press.

Speaking personally, I was delighted that the FA appointed Roy Hodgson. The players will respond to him, we'll be well organised and we'll be competitive. Only the completely deluded expect an England triumph and the large majority o of us are simply happy for us to be competitive.

Yet the irony is they'd easily turn on Harry as well if he didn't meet their expectations.