***The official Euro 2012 thread***

Bullshit , they are the most arrogant bastards on the planet and everyone knows it .

Until they show some humility and respect they will always get humped in tournaments.

Roll on Tuesday and Chevvy to pump them ............

lol, Whatever.

And you dont see the irony in responding to a post with "bullshit" and then having the audacity to call other people "arrogant"????

Wakey wakey...

lol, Whatever.

And you dont see the irony in responding to a post with "bullshit" and then having the audacity to call other people "arrogant"????

Wakey wakey...

Keep it up because you know how this story ends , the same way it always does .

Would rather it happens on Tuesday , but you know its coming ..........

Such bitter drivel.

I dont care for any of the home nations when it comes to football. Are you honestly saying that the likes of Lawrenson, Lineker and Chiles dont annoy you? Same would go if Scotland were playing, I would still find McLean, Dodds, McLeod to be irratating and biased.

here's how i would line up for ukraine:

johnson

terry

lescott

cole

oxlaide chamberlain

gerrard

Parker (though he needs to learn not to backpass)

rooney

carroll

welbeck*

wallcott to come on for welbeck if team needs refreshing

EDIT: realised Lampard isnt in the squad

So you're so confident you're not even bothering with a goalkeeper?

:lol:

:rolleyes:

It's only fair that you keep your St Ivel Gold facebook photo for a few days so the world knows how much of a bitter you are.

That's what keeps me going, I have the element of surprise when they ask me who am supporting at the Euros I'll mutter England and then bam when their out I make them rage. Nothing like fishing trips when the English are knocked out. Funny though I'm the only member of my family who hates the English, been around them too long IMO.

But naw I'm no that bitter :)

I dont care for any of the home nations when it comes to football. Are you honestly saying that the likes of Lawrenson, Lineker and Chiles dont annoy you? Same would go if Scotland were playing, I would still find McLean, Dodds, McLeod to be irratating and biased.

But it is on the BBC. Most people watching on the BBC would be English. Of course they will be biased. Lawrenson etc spend all year with Dixon, Liniker etc, so of course he will get attached to England in some way. I am surprised at people being shocked by the bias.

Is it really any different in Germany? Argentina?

I honestly think it's the most sensible option, both from a football perspective and from the perspective of Roy's job security. If not starting Rooney backfires, he can argue that his strikers were doing well and that Rooney wasn't match fit. If starting Rooney backfires, he has no excuse at all. He would have picked him on name alone rather than merit.

Of course, he will start Rooney.

To be fair though, apart from his very well taken goal I don't think Carroll was as good as the pundits made out. Largely down to the lack of service or service just being long balls pumped up from the back which he was never going to be able to do anything with. No matter how many more games England have to play I'd just use Carroll on the bench for the rest of it, utilise him by bringing him off the bench with 25/30 minutes to go in a game were they are holding on for a win. He's solid defensively and can hold up the ball better than anyone in their squad.

If Rooney is fit I'd play him in behind Welbeck and even keep Young on the wing after a fairly poor game. They all know each others game pretty well and link up well with Man Utd.

The real problem Roy faces is does he play it safe and keep Milner in there and use Walcott as an impact substitute again, or play Theo from the start? I quite like James Milner, but he's had two below par performances this campaign. I read that he gave the ball away more than any other player in the France game, and I'd hazard a guess that their would be a similar stat after last nights game.

On your point about Roy choosing Rooney, I don't think he'd get much stick (from the media) if starting Rooney didn't pay off. Rooney is England's goldenboy at International Championships, I think he'd get more hassle leaving him out (knowing the English media).

But it is on the BBC. Most people watching on the BBC would be English. Of course they will be biased. Lawrenson etc spend all year with Dixon, Liniker etc, so of course he will get attached to England in some way. I am surprised at people being shocked by the bias.

Is it really any different in Germany? Argentina?

Yes it is, all other nation's TV Stations also focus on England as they are the most important and greatest team on the planet with the Best Players, Best Supporters and Best Manager. I thought this was widely known, please keep up.

Now back to the thread, England will win the tournament ok.

:craphead:

Never been a fan of Ibrahimovic. He reminds me a lot of Berbatov in that he's lazy and seems disinterested at times.

And it really annoyed me when he antagonised Joe Hart when Sweden got their second goal yesterday. Ah well, Hart had the last laugh. :beer1: