Financial Benefit of Boycotting to our club

whytes3

With much talk going around recently about the prospect of us boycotting all other SPL and possibly all other Scottish clubs for the next season (at least), I have had some further thought about how this may actually benefit our club.

It struck me that if (as I hope will be the case) the entirety of our support or at least an extremely large majority go through with this boycot the those fans who attend away games with any sort of frequency will find themselves in the position of having a significantly reduced expenditure on football next season.

This go me thinking that in ticket price alone at say 25 a head and based on an average away support of say 5000 per game, our fans spend 125000 in each of the 19 away games we play each season.

From there I thought what if our fans decided to donate a portion of what they would spend on the away game fixtures to an on going fighting fund, trust or some other scheme which ultimately went straight into the club. This would have the potential of providing a wealth streak that could be as valuable as either the itv revenue we receive or even the prize money for winning the spl. This would be direct contribution form the fans to the club and could even result in some form of fan part ownership of the club.

All this would need to succeed is the same 5000 people who would be going to the game contributing say £10 every away game, giving us £50000 per game and not far away form 1 million over the course of the season. Even if our boycot and. This scheme was to last for just 1 season that is a massive contribution to the clubs coffers.

I think this would be completely do able and could be administered locally through supporters clubs or evern through the clubs continuous credit card scheme, both set ups already take money from supporters for away games. It would also be open to fans who do not or cannot attend away games.

I think this would offer a real chance to ofer massive assistance to the club through expenditure that many of us fans already account for in the away flames we attend at present and could be something that could offer either a very healthy cash injection in one season if our boycot was for one year or could offer incentive for us to hod our resolve and continue to boycot away games in favour of helping our own club.

What are people's thoughts? Would you support/contribute if such a scheme was available.

Good idea in principle but getting donations may prove hard on regular basis. Would it not be better to try to get away games screened at ibrox for away games and hold collections and raffles, programs etc. . This would give funds to rangers and to the scheme you propose.

Just an idea.

P.S. Alot easier to get cash out of people in front of their mates and fellow bears, piss taking if you don't.

Good idea in principle but getting donations may prove hard on regular basis. Would it not be better to try to get away games screened at ibrox for away games and hold collections and raffles, programs etc. . This would give funds to rangers and to the scheme you propose.

Just an idea.

P.S. Alot easier to get cash out of people in front of their mates and fellow bears, piss taking if you don't.

I did think if that as well but think the spl wouldn't allow this unless the game was actually on tv, which to be fair most of our away games are.

With the games that are on tv the club could charge an entry fee at I rid for coming in to watch it, but there would need to be some outlay on the clubs part for say stewarding, policing even it was only a few thousand who attended.

I think an ongoing fund of some sort, and. I like the FTP named fund(!) would be a great opportunity if properly managed to raise significant sums for the club going forward which could go directly to the manager to either retain existing players or buy/develop new players

I think that any idea that could benefit our club or our fans has to be worth consideration.

It is about time other clubs realised just how much they need us and an away boycott is the best way to do it. If of course we can turn that into something positive for our club then excellent, I'm all for it.

I prefer it when the fans go along and roar our team onto victory (tu)

I agree and enjoy the cracking atmosphere we creat at away games but at the same time, by taking this away we can really strike a blow against the other SPL eam, with the added potential benefit of being able to help out the club.

This is probably the best idea ive heard on this subject. I dont think beambacks will work as the only people who are realistically going to go to Ibrox to watch a game are people who stay in a local area, I doubt buses from Inverness etc are going to run to ibrox to watch a game on telly. Besides the majority would rather watch in pub than in a stadium on a cold day with no beers etc.

Maybe a fans group or supporters clubs could organize some kind of day out for fans on away days, this would bring bears together and also probably help to raise funds for RSCs etc, a bunch of bears meet up somewhere, watch the game in a pub or something then have a jolly after.