Kalou and Bosingwa free agents....

Bobby

Of Course I'm dreaming but what a nice little present they would be from Mr Green if they could overturn SFA ruling and sign these two up for a couple of years.

I guess the point of the thread is that it sounds like fantasy that we would sign players like this now....but a short time ago they would of been genuine targets.

I know we can never go back to spending silly money, but I would like to think we can sign a few stars to supplement the homegrown talents and keep in budget...seemed to work in the past...before we got carried away with Flo etc.

Ok it's fantasy but hear me out:

When the dust settles and the transfer ban is over in my opinion these are the types if players we need.

Reason being neither player is British, they come from countries were Rangers need improved marketing etc. I dont see why we cannot take advantage of far flung countries interests in their own players and use the revenues to fund the deals!

It doesn't take you many shirt sales, Image rights and tv deals to fund a £50k per week player, especially one with No transfer fee!

Did one of our fans not save Bosingwa's life at an airport?

Or was it Belletti or sumfin?

Pretty sure it was a Chelsea RB.

Had someone moved the big steps on an EasyJet flight and he caught him? :lol: :lol:

There seems to be alot of guys who cost mega millions being released just now in the EPL I see West Ham have released Julien Faubert remember him Walter Smith offered £4m for him just a few years ago.

When the dust settles and the transfer ban is over in my opinion these are the types if players we need.

Reason being neither player is British, they come from countries were Rangers need improved marketing etc. I dont see why we cannot take advantage of far flung countries interests in their own players and use the revenues to fund the deals!

It doesn't take you many shirt sales, Image rights and tv deals to fund a £50k per week player, especially one with No transfer fee!

Blimey

Hopeful to say the best

We should probably take Drogba while we're at it

It doesn't take many shirt sales to fund a 50k a week player? WTF How much you actually think Rangers get for selling one shirt? I would Wager it's less than a tenner meaning you would have to sell 5000 shirts a week, thats a lot of fucking shirts outwith the first week or so after a new shirt is launched when demand is high. On point two you are not getting a national tv deal off the back of signing one player from england maybe an unknown from a very small country but not someone who has been plying the trade in Uk for years, Point 3 Image rights are payments made TO the player not money generated from having him.

Are you smoking crack?

It doesn't take many shirt sales to fund a 50k a week player? WTF How much you actually think Rangers get for selling one shirt? I would Wager it's less than a tenner meaning you would have to sell 5000 shirts a week, thats a lot of fucking shirts outwith the first week or so after a new shirt is launched when demand is high. On point two you are not getting a national tv deal off the back of signing one player from england maybe an unknown from a very small country but not someone who has been plying the trade in Uk for years, Point 3 Image rights are payments made TO the player not money generated from having him.

Are you smoking crack?

This is about right. As the guy said - fantasy

I guess we as Rangers fans haven't lost the short sightedness that has left us under resourced for years.

Thankfully Green and his men seem to see we are missing a trick.

The point is not that we should sign Kalou etc. The point is we need to sign players that generate interest in new markets AND improve the team.

Say for example we signed a top Chinese player. If that generated 10,000 proper fans....10,000 out of 1 Billion people, we would be seeing profit from that player in just a few years and the benefits for generations to come!

The profit comes from Internet Sales, Match feeds, advertising etc etc. Image Rights also - Which can belong to the club- not always the player!

Same can be applied to Indians, Other Asians, Africans etc. There is a whole world out there!

We have 3 USA internationals and have done nothing to make money from it....

Rangers is primarily a business (in simple terms) and we as fans would all benefit from increased Marketing and bringing in new revenues! Something that IMHO we have failed miserably at under SDM and has yet to be put right.

I guess we as Rangers fans haven't lost the short sightedness that has left us under resourced for years.

Thankfully Green and his men seem to see we are missing a trick.

The point is not that we should sign Kalou etc. The point is we need to sign players that generate interest in new markets AND improve the team.

Say for example we signed a top Chinese player. If that generated 10,000 proper fans....10,000 out of 1 Billion people, we would be seeing profit from that player in just a few years and the benefits for generations to come!

The profit comes from Internet Sales, Match feeds, advertising etc etc. Image Rights also - Which can belong to the club- not always the player!

Same can be applied to Indians, Other Asians, Africans etc. There is a whole world out there!

We have 3 USA internationals and have done nothing to make money from it....

Rangers is primarily a business (in simple terms) and we as fans would all benefit from increased Marketing and bringing in new revenues! Something that IMHO we have failed miserably at under SDM and has yet to be put right.

I certainly take on board what you are saying though I think that it might be somewhat simplified.

Signing Bosingwa won't exactly make much of a difference mind.

We have to build our brand abroad, absolutely, that should be key. We have to do that in the correct manner though. No point signing the star of the Malaysian team, for example, if he's absolutely keech