So why did Murray get paid £6.3 million?

AlCapone

BBC ran with it that way so it looked like he took the money from Rangers when quite simply it was from MIH. They should have been more clear and also named the other MIH employees if that was the route they were taking.

This. (tu)

It was £6m from MIH, not from Rangers. BhBC are at it.

Murray did NOT receive money from Rangers EBT scheme. The EBT scheme is a MIH scheme into which MIH paid more than £10m. Murray took his money from that.

The BBC twisted the report as usual although in their web site they state the bit about the cash going in from MIH. It isn't so much lying, just omitting to tell the truth. <cr>

did they say it was from rangers last night. I might have missed something but I though it was clear it was from mih.

I'm sure they stated at the start of the piece about EBTs that the scheme was set up by the Murray group. What they then went on to do was make it look like Murray was taking money out of Rangers by associating him with all the players and Directors that took money from the scheme. Technically, they never said that it was from Rangers but the BBC would have known that this would be what a large percentage of viewers took from the programme.

Crafty bastards.

I'm sure they stated at the start of the piece about EBTs that the scheme was set up by the Murray group. What they then went on to do was make it look like Murray was taking money out of Rangers by associating him with all the players and Directors that took money from the scheme. Technically, they never said that it was from Rangers but the BBC would have known that this would be what a large percentage of viewers took from the programme.

Crafty bastards.

I thought it was pretty clear.

perhaps I'm cleverer than most. or stupider.

I wonder how much of his own money he actually put into Rangers and how much he took out.

his company put in blocks of 6 million to buy and then 50 to bail us out and 10 with Dave king.

he owns so much of the company that it was as good as him putting it in.

then he advertised every year of course.

taking out I'm not sure.

his company put in blocks of 6 million to buy and then 50 to bail us out and 10 with Dave king.

he owns so much of the company that it was as good as him putting it in.

then he advertised every year of course.

taking out I'm not sure.

You must be The Chairman.

I wonder how much of his own money he actually put into Rangers and how much he took out.

He put £6 million of BoS money in to buy and continued in that vein using other peoples money, I do not believe he put a penny into the club but did take plenty out.

This. (tu)

They deliberately presented it in such a way that many viewers (see the OP for instance) would think SDM took £6m out of Rangers, even although they knew that wasn't the case. BhBC scum.

just watched it again. they read out a statement from Murray confirming the money's not from rangers.

Why did your beloved BBC even mention it then in a programme about Rangers and their EBTs, other than to mislead? Like SDM was, I am a Rangers shareholder but the programme didn't mention my ISA.

Not questioning why it was an EBT, Just wondering why Murray was getting paid £6 Miliion from Rangers accounts,was it his 'salary'? anyone know?

He did used to boast taht he never took a 'penny out' of Rangers.

Like the steel tender for the main stand back in 91 that well never went out to tender, the Albion car park sale, outsourcing and now his £6 million 'salary' god no wonder we were in such debt if the cnut was syphoning it off big time.

Now as the owner there is nothing legally wrong with paying yourself a wage.....but dodgy Dave always said he never took a penny out.

He says he didn't, the EBT was for the whole of the Murray International Group, not just Rangers, and his money was from the metal trading / property / recruitment agency / electronics manufacturing bits of it, not the football bit of it.

Did the beeb not present it as "Murray received £6.3m but showed this statement next to the club logo ?

Anyway £6.3m TAX FREE "loan" is pretty steep, what did he put on the application form "new carpets and decor" or "conservatory" ?

Since we are in MIH Trust zone, can THEY not be held liable for any monies due ? - they seem to have slipped under the radar here since they were CHARGING us £500K p/a for the privilege of them dong all the required paperwork and administration ?