To All Our American Players

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone manage to get a picture of this 'Yanks Go Home' banner?

There was not a banner that actually said those words I don't think but the sentiment on the others echoed them.

Little bit pernickety there I think.

There certainly was not one welcoming them, thats for sure.

There was not a banner that actually said those words I don't think but the sentiment on the others echoed them.

Little bit pernickety there I think.

There certainly was not one welcoming them, thats for sure.

Them? It was aimed solely at Bill Miller, as you well know.

I remember a few seasons back the some of the retards on follow follow had a banner at games "we deserve better" it was aimed at Murray but at the time we were having a wee dip in form and losing games and i mentioned players/management would think it meant them.

This is a similar scenario when the message gets lost unless you know it's true intention.

Them? It was aimed solely at Bill Miller, as you well know.

The "S" at the end of Yank would indicate plural to me.

If you are meaning that it was meant towards any American players then I agree it was not, but it was directed not just to Miller but also his team.

I remember a few seasons back the some of the retards on follow follow had a banner at games "we deserve better" it was aimed at Murray but at the time we were having a wee dip in form and losing games and i mentioned players/management would think it meant them.

This is a similar scenario when the message gets lost unless you know it's true intention.

A prime example of this is when the Ref gets booed in football at half time or full time. Frustrates me when people do that. :(

If you are meaning that it was meant towards any American players then I agree it was not, but it was directed not just to Miller but also his team.

that was because it was a play on thanks but no thanks.

fuck me people can be daft.

It rhymed with thanks and was anti-newco in nature, just like the red card protest, which was very popular.

that was because it was a play on thanks but no thanks.

fuck me people can be daft.

With regards to the "fuck me" in your post my response would be "Not while there are still dogs in the streets"

And yes people can be daft as you know only too well.

It rhymed with thanks and was anti-newco in nature, just like the red card protest, which was very popular.

Honestly if the best they can come up with is that it rhymed with thanks then I think all their pens should be confiscated.

No one wants newco but everyone of the bidders involved has mentioned it at some point.

Why not just do a No to Newco banner to stop the words being misunderstood or is that too easy for those noted wordsmiths.

shouldn't have made shit up then.

You are full of it mate...

You are too interested in the semantics of the situation and not looking at the big picture.

Facts are we had fans who singled out the nationality of a bidder. Could you imagine the furore

if we had some of the following banners:

"Take your money back... black"

"You ain't getting your cake and eating it... fatty"

"We don't want you today.. gay"

All these messages would be considered prejudice and have no place in today's society.

Singling out someone for race, religion or nationality is not acceptable.

So stopping the narrow mindedness and admit the banner did more harm than good.