Gers could have titles seized - Sky Sports News

piratez

Doncaster was asked if this was one of the possible sanctions available and he said, "yes, it is one."

He then clarified, "The nub of the issue is our rules say all payments to players must be made within an SPL contract."

I actually believe we are safe in this regard, FTT notwithstanding.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when did loans become income ?

Either way, If Green really has done a deal with HMRC, the matter will be resolved and the bill will be paid.

If we make restitution then we paid the tax owed (the pennies in the pound) and gained no advantage so they can fuck off with their feeble attempts to strip titles.

So Rangers could be stripped of titles for not declaring extra payments made on players contracts to the spl and sfa?

Wonder who else has done this?

Have any other Scottish football clubs been involved with EBT schemes?

BBC Scotland Investigates wrote to all of the Scottish Premier League's member clubs and asked whether they had ever operated an EBT scheme.

Celtic confirmed that it established one EBT scheme in April 2005, which BBC Scotland understands was for the benefit of the Brazilian midfielder Juninho Paulista. The scheme was worth £765,000 but the club did not declare the trust payment to the Scottish Football Association or the Scottish Premier League.

According to the Scottish Football Association's registration rules, payments received by a player solely relating to his playing activities must be fully recorded and declared, otherwise the player has been improperly registered.

Since when did loans become income ?

Either way, If Green really has done a deal with HMRC, the matter will be resolved and the bill will be paid.

If we make restitution then we paid the tax owed (the pennies in the pound) and gained no advantage so they can fuck off with their feeble attempts to strip titles.

Exactly this.

The filthy scum are desperate in every way, and they know that to have Victory against us they need to go at every underhanded trick in the book.

They are evil Bastards of the highest order, and are spewing at us having been victoriuose even without transfer money for 3 years under Walter.

The old name 'Celtic Football & Athletic Company' was transferred to another company. Celtic FC still trades under the same number as pre McCann.

If you google Pacific shelf 595 Ltd you will see the story behind the other lot and their "newco" or whatever anyone wishes to call it. Coy no. SC153534

1. Celtic plc – this company was formed in 1897 and was previously known as “The Celtic Football And Athletic Company Limited”. Its name changed in 1994 to Celtic plc. It was the football club until a restructuring on 15/2/02 when “aspects of (its) trade” were transferred to Celtic F.C Limited . It continues to own the players (ie pays the transfer fees), Celtic Park and the 1/12 share in the SPL.

However its accounts also states that “Celtic F.C. Limited has the main activity of which is the operation of a professional football club.” It admits that the football club IS Celtic F.C Limited.

2. Celtic F.C. Limited – this company was formed in 2001 and was previously HMS (402) Ltd. as mentioned above, it is a professional football club. It receives all the gate money, employs and pays all the wages of the players and other staff. It receives the TV income. It is the company that competes in Europe. Coy No. SC223604

It is also insolvent to the tune of £23 million.

3. The Celtic Football And Athletic Company Limited – This was set up in 1994 and was previously Pacific Shelf 595 Ltd. It is not the football club despite its name. Not much goes through it. It had £80K of turnover in 2010. It was probably set up just to preserve and maintain the old name.

The conclusion is that the football club is Celtic F.C Ltd, a company that was formed in 2001. It won the league in 2002, 2004 and 2006-8, although it seems that the 2002 win was done by 2 separate companies. However the Celtic fans don’t have any problem in acknowledging that season’s league win.

Exactly this.

The filthy scum are desperate in every way, and they know that to have Victory against us they need to go at every underhanded trick in the book.

They are evil Bastards of the highest order, and are spewing at us having been victoriuose even without transfer money for 3 years under Walter.

Apart from the near 40 million Walter spent in those 3/4 years of course. :)

I find the whole concept of 'stripping titles' laughable.

It can only be said that the titles are seized.

They cannot phsically rewind time and stop us from winning them.

Plus the SFA are basically saying that there were 5 pointless seasons in Scottish football which sort of makes a mockery of their organisation.

They can say what they like but WE won those titles and nothing you do now is going to change that.

We spent big after Kanus, but then Lloyds tightened the pursestrings and our next proper signing was the legendary Rangers goal machine James Beattie :anguish:

We still spent a shit load of cash, more than every club in Scotland combined over those 4 years i imagine.

We never signed a player for over two seasons when Walter was here the second time .

The bank wouldnt allow it.

The money Walter spent was waisted prior to that with PLG .we recouped £20 milion in 2008-9 remember that big game in Manchester .

If they go after titles that means every Club in Europe that has won Titles tjen should be syripped of them.

Barca , Milan,Man Utd , Man city, Chelsea Inter Bayern , Shaktar Donetsk Roaenborg and all the winners of Championships in the past.

All these clubs had to spend more .

The fact that the Mhanks next season will spend more doesnt guarentee they will beat us.

But 9 Times out of 10 its usually the club that spends the most that wins it.

Would be devastating to lose titles but we'll only know we lost them when we look at a piece of paper.

They cant take our memories of those victories away.

Helicopter Sunday for example is a distant memory. I had my fun, i spent my money, i wound up the opposition for months. It would be a small consolation to any of our opponents if those titles were taken away.

If you google Pacific shelf 595 Ltd you will see the story behind the other lot and their "newco" or whatever anyone wishes to call it. Coy no. SC153534

1. Celtic plc – this company was formed in 1897 and was previously known as “The Celtic Football And Athletic Company Limited”. Its name changed in 1994 to Celtic plc. It was the football club until a restructuring on 15/2/02 when “aspects of (its) trade” were transferred to Celtic F.C Limited . It continues to own the players (ie pays the transfer fees), Celtic Park and the 1/12 share in the SPL.

However its accounts also states that “Celtic F.C. Limited has the main activity of which is the operation of a professional football club.” It admits that the football club IS Celtic F.C Limited.

2. Celtic F.C. Limited – this company was formed in 2001 and was previously HMS (402) Ltd. as mentioned above, it is a professional football club. It receives all the gate money, employs and pays all the wages of the players and other staff. It receives the TV income. It is the company that competes in Europe. Coy No. SC223604

It is also insolvent to the tune of £23 million.

3. The Celtic Football And Athletic Company Limited – This was set up in 1994 and was previously Pacific Shelf 595 Ltd. It is not the football club despite its name. Not much goes through it. It had £80K of turnover in 2010. It was probably set up just to preserve and maintain the old name.

The conclusion is that the football club is Celtic F.C Ltd, a company that was formed in 2001. It won the league in 2002, 2004 and 2006-8, although it seems that the 2002 win was done by 2 separate companies. However the Celtic fans don’t have any problem in acknowledging that season’s league win.

HMS (402) is not the football club. It had capital of £2 as of 17/10/11.

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/celtic-fc

I find the whole concept of 'stripping titles' laughable.

It can only be said that the titles are seized.

They cannot phsically rewind time and stop us from winning them.

Plus the SFA are basically saying that there were 5 pointless seasons in Scottish football which sort of makes a mockery of their organisation.

They can say what they like but WE won those titles and nothing you do now is going to change that.

The record books being changed would make a difference, of course the memories wouldn't be taken away but I couldn't just think that it doesn't matter if they honours were stripped.

I've yet to see how the EBT scheme provided us with any clear sporting advantage, its utter nonsence that this could happen..

Does anyone know how many titles they want us stripped of and who would these titles be awarded to, or would those seasons honours become null?

aye they are trying to claim 7 titles off us from 98 onwards inc oor 9 in a row.

On another note does anyone know what other clubs definately used EBT's and what honours they accomplished whilst using them???

I just thought if they the SPL tried this stunt would definately lead to us dragging em throught the courts and FIFA getting involved.

Surely if some Big name clubs in europe where also using them the last thing FIFA will want is that can of worms opened up. Imagine having to tell the likes of Barca , Real or Man U,,, "you know them european cup medals you have ye have to hand em back"

If the big clubs have been doing what we have then there nowt to worry aboot,, the SFA/SPL WILL be told to sweep sweep or a lesser sanction

The mainstream media are a disgrace. Do they realise IF Rangers did lose the BTC and they said that we should lose titles for EBT payments, it SHOULD open the biggest can of worms in football history. Yet they are not even raising the question of other clubs, only Rangers. Will they continue to stay silent about other clubs in the event this did happen???

If Rangers are going to be punished in such a way as this then every single club that has had an employee or player that used any type of tax reduction method such as EBTs or image rights would have to lose their honours as well. That would go for any other club in scotland (yes you celtic!!), the dozens of clubs in England who have used them, all the clubs across Europe and beyond.

As for the punishment itself: if any of our titles were stripped, the SFA / SPL will have succeeded in destroying the sport in this country... and only because they felt the need to pander to a group of hate-filled zealots whose hate and vitriol outweighs any sense of support they have for their own clubs, the national game itself or their so-called "Sporting Integrity"

If any punishment is put on us that is not seen to be applied to other offending clubs either in our own or in other footballing authorities, then we should fight to the ends of the earth to see justice done.

aye they are trying to claim 7 titles off us from 98 onwards inc oor 9 in a row.

On another note does anyone know what other clubs definately used EBT's and what honours they accomplished whilst using them???

I just thought if they the SPL tried this stunt would definately lead to us dragging em throught the courts and FIFA getting involved.

Surely if some Big name clubs in europe where also using them the last thing FIFA will want is that can of worms opened up. Imaging having to tell the likes of Barca , Real or Man U,,, "you know them european cup medals you have ye have to hand em back"

If the big clubs have been doing what we have then there nowt to worry aboot,, the SFA will be told to sweep sweep or a lesser sanction

I heard Liverpool were up to their neck in EBT's, dunno how true this is tho im afraid, possibly Chelsea too..

If they plan to take titles i hope the club fight tooth and nail against it.. I for 1 will be too busy going mental over at Hampden

What is the story on the Image rights case against celtic?? Are HMRC actually now or planning to in the future look into this?? Imagine the turnaround after all the months of their shit if we win the BTC or agree a CVA only for HMRC to go after them.

What exactly is the in and outs of the image rights thing ,?????

What is the story on the Image rights case against celtic?? Are HMRC actually now or planning to in the future look into this?? Imagine the turnaround after all the months of their shit if we win the BTC or agree a CVA only for HMRC to go after them.

Didn't Chelsea have to cut a deal with HMRC on their image rights contracts?

Didn't Chelsea have to cut a deal with HMRC on their image rights contracts?

Man Utd settled with HMRC recently over tax saved through their use of image rights. HMRC see image rights as a tax renumeration scheme similarly to how they see EBTs. Its essentially a way for higher earners to pay less tax.

celtic aquired Nakamura's image rights which was supposedly a big part of the reason he chose to go to them. BBC confirmed Celtic's use of Juninho's EBT was not disclosed through normal process to the SPL/SFA. The image rights may be the same.

What a load rubbish, like you can change history just because a bunch of puppets dance to their masters tune. History is just that despite the levels some will sink to in an attempt to even the score over titles just because they can't win them.

If we can stuff them next season despite their attempts to hamstring us it would be amongst our greatest titles ever,

What a load rubbish, like you can change history just because a bunch of puppets dance to their masters tune. History is just that despite the levels some will sink to in an attempt to even the score over titles just because they can't win them.

If we can stuff them next season despite their attempts to hamstring us it would be amongst our greatest titles ever,

i hope so mate, i really do. Can't wait to see an end to this for everyone involved, be brilliant to watch the boys play football again on an even field and get their well deserved pay-back.. I hope we roast teams, i wanna see us destroy teams left and right and slaying the tims. :uk:

Here's a thing,,, if for eg they decided to go wae this and give us a -3 points for all games these players played in. At the end of that first season they did that with we would surely haven got 0 points been relegated !! So how when the very next season they would look at is directly after how can we have points deducted for playing players in games that after their first sanction wouldnt have happened anyway ???

A team that got relegated wouldnt have.

And a team that came up probably wouldnt have as that may well have been our spot coming back up to the SPL.

As for our EURO run to Manchester , how could we have ever played any of these games , wae all these point deductions we would never have been anywhere near qualifying for euro spots let alone getting to the final. So what then,, should sporting lisbon or Breman or fiorentina be also compensated ?? afterall zenit have a cup for playing a team that shouldnt have been there according to that logic.

UTTER SHITE :crabflute:

As said before ,they will be opening one big Can of Worms if they try this.

Surely if some Big name clubs in europe where also using them the last thing FIFA will want is that can of worms opened up. Imagine having to tell the likes of Barca , Real or Man U,,, "you know them european cup medals you have ye have to hand em back"

If the big clubs have been doing what we have then there nowt to worry aboot,, the SFA/SPL WILL be told to sweep sweep or a lesser sanction

They are all using them in some capacity or other.

The mainstream media are a disgrace. Do they realise IF Rangers did lose the BTC and they said that we should lose titles for EBT payments, it SHOULD open the biggest can of worms in football history. Yet they are not even raising the question of other clubs, only Rangers. Will they continue to stay silent about other clubs in the event this did happen???

If Rangers are going to be punished in such a way as this then every single club that has had an employee or player that used any type of tax reduction method such as EBTs or image rights would have to lose their honours as well. That would go for any other club in scotland (yes you celtic!!), the dozens of clubs in England who have used them, all the clubs across Europe and beyond.

As for the punishment itself: if any of our titles were stripped, the SFA / SPL will have succeeded in destroying the sport in this country... and only because they felt the need to pander to a group of hate-filled zealots whose hate and vitriol outweighs any sense of support they have for their own clubs, the national game itself or their so-called "Sporting Integrity"

If any punishment is put on us that is not seen to be applied to other offending clubs either in our own or in other footballing authorities, then we should fight to the ends of the earth to see justice done.

Yes the Mhedia trying to whip up a frenzy again. I am sick of them and they should be Closed down with some of the Crap they Spew .

I heard Liverpool were up to their neck in EBT's, dunno how true this is tho im afraid, possibly Chelsea too..

If they plan to take titles i hope the club fight tooth and nail against it.. I for 1 will be too busy going mental over at Hampden

Indeed they must ,as they will have to do it with them all.

Man Utd settled with HMRC recently over tax saved through their use of image rights. HMRC see image rights as a tax renumeration scheme similarly to how they see EBTs. Its essentially a way for higher earners to pay less tax.

celtic aquired Nakamura's image rights which was supposedly a big part of the reason he chose to go to them. BBC confirmed Celtic's use of Juninho's EBT was not disclosed through normal process to the SPL/SFA. The image rights may be the same.

Yet again the Scum are in no Position to take the Moral High Ground .

Her I found this ,quite Interesting .

Footballers using 'perfectly honest' tax schemes

Posted by nickhuber PM | on Fri, 21/10/2011 - 12:36 4452 Professional footballers who use "perfectly honest" tax schemes to lower their tax bills during their brief careers have been unfairly portrayed as tax evaders by the media, a senior tax accountant has said.

A number of tax avoidance schemes reportedly used by Britain's top footballers and agents have hit the headlines this year.

The schemes place footballers on a collision course with HMRC which was given £900m last year by the Treasury to clamp down on tax evasion.

In September, Gordon Taylor, head of the football players' union, defended the use of tax avoidance schemes employed by millionaire players, agents and football clubs.

In an interview with Sky News he said that footballers will pay out more than half their salaries in PAYE tax, while an average top-flight career lasts only eight years.

Taylor, chief executive of the Professional Footballers' Union (PFA), said: "Tax avoidance is what no end of accountants are working full-time on to try to make sure that companies and individuals are not paying too much tax."

Fans who are struggling to pay their mortgages (and season tickets) may not all be so sympathetic to the tax burden shouldered by professional footballers, but Kevin Kinsella of KinsellaTax Investigations, has sprung to their defence.

"I worry that with the entire clamour about tax evasion and tax avoidance that people including sportsmen, who have a relatively short career and have used perfectly honest schemes to lower their tax liabilities, are classed in the same way as people who practice tax evasion," he said.

"The media of course are always seeking stories and possibly add fuel to public distaste of professional footballer's wages. It reminds me a bit of the ladies who used to sit in the front row knitting and cheer at the public executions by guillotine during the French Revolution."