Armed forces day

Thought i would post this in support of our brave youngsters in foreign fields. As a parent of one son in Afghanistan i know the level of bravery shown by our kids. So show your support peeps.

Armed Forces Day will be on Saturday, 30 June 2012.

It's an opportunity to do two things. Firstly, to raise public awareness of the contribution made to our country by those who serve and have served in Her Majesty's Armed Forces, Secondly, it gives the nation an opportunity to Show Your Support for the men and women who make up the Armed Forces community: from currently serving troops to Service families and from veterans to cadets.

Across the country people are getting involved: communities hold local events and business show their support.

The National Event will be held in Plymouth, but there are many more events up and down the country being held in support of Armed Forces Day.

If you want to know more about the Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or meet members of local units, then why not attend an event or hold one yourself? Find out how you can get involved and what's going on in your area so that you too can celebrate Armed Forces Day in support of our nation.

Support our troops

We cherish too the poppies red

that grows on on fields where valour led.

It seems to signal to the skies

that blood of heroes never dies.

But lends a lustre to the red

of the flower that blooms above the dead

We will remember them

T

True mate, i did look around for somewhere to put it , and saw other posts which have nothing to do with the football club on this part of the forum.

However if admin wish to remove then they can no harm done. Its not meant to offend anyone and i apologise if i have .

Good post mate but the "its nothing to do with Rangers" brigade will be along soon demanding it to be moved

As an ex member of the armed forces ... I can tolerate this in the bd !!! But really it shouldn'tt be here but as the bd, in the closes season in particular, seems to become some sort of bullitin board to advertise every wee thing that's going on in marching season, and a place for trying to rally people to religious and political causes then why not have this op as well!

As an ex-squaddie who served overseas, it was always refreshing and a bit of a boost to know that these sorts of things happen. But, when your home city does not do anything for fear of what the perpetually offended will do makes me sick. The Republic of Glasgow right enough.

Thoughts and prayers are always with our serving troops - doing the country proud :uk::21::uk:

Excellent post mate. The Armed Forces deserve our respect. Putting their lives on the line every day. I am proud that The Rangers show the correct level of respect at all times. If we, as a nation, or simply human beings can not do this, something is wrong. And to think, some in the mhedia say we show our support for the wrong reasons!

Keep up the good work Bears and The Rangers! 00000042.gif