Lampard Might be out

Yata

Just heard on the radio that lampard has had a thigh strain and Jordan henderson has been put on standbye.

Surely this is the point Roy should give in and get Carrick in, he should really be starting alongside parker or gerrard, it's insane how he still isn't in the squad even with two midfield injuries to starters

No he hasn't, he's actually came out and said if he is really needed he will.

The problem was he wasn't going to start originally (which is stupid, he should have the midfield built around him and gerrard)

Now he has a chance to start (which he should) all thats waiting is for roy to speak to him

yeh its been confirmed.

Now henderson will be the man to lead england to glory.

The guy who played right midfield his career, was moved to CM and looked shite at liverpool will be englands central midfielder for euro 2012

yeh its been confirmed.

Now henderson will be the man to lead england to glory.

The guy who played right midfield his career, was moved to CM and looked shite at liverpool will be englands central midfielder for euro 2012

hes as average as they go, 4-4-2 is the way forward for them now gerrard parker cental

Just heard on the radio that lampard has had a thigh strain and Jordan henderson has been put on standbye.

Surely this is the point Roy should give in and get Carrick in, he should really be starting alongside parker or gerrard, it's insane how he still isn't in the squad even with two midfield injuries to starters

Michael Carrick has intimated he doesn't want to be picked. He's also been fucking awful for England in the past.

I'll not be that arsed if Fat Frank is out because for me he's part of the problem not the solution.

Well if Chamberlain was ahead of Henderson in that centre midfield spot looks like he could start the tournament. Doesnt matter about age in my opinion so I would go with him, hes better than Henderson all round.

Big blow for England especially with Barry already out too.

Lampard has had his critics in recent years but has been back to his usual best in the last couple of months and against Barcelona and Munich he was superb. His experience in these tournaments is also lost now and Henderson, Downing, Jones ect are not the answer for England.

Im starting to doubt if they will even get out the group stage with the squad they are left with, France will rip them apart.

Jordan Henderson is a better player than he is given credit for. I think and hope he surprises a few people. It's an indictment on the English game that a player like him is not appreciated.

He's not a CDM though, which is what he's been forced to play most this year

Most of the games I saw Jordan Henderson play last season were on the right side of midfield.

His best position is unquestionably as a central midfielder. When he burst on to the scene at Blunderland, he was a central midfielder and was very impressive, so much so that he made his England debut in his 1st full season.

Afterwards, to accomodate other players, Elephant Man Bruce played him out wide. Dogleash has continued the pattern and his confidence has sunk.

The lad can play and I wish him well.

Most of the games I saw Jordan Henderson play last season were on the right side of midfield.

His best position is unquestionably as a central midfielder. When he burst on to the scene at Blunderland, he was a central midfielder and was very impressive, so much so that he made his England debut in his 1st full season.

Afterwards, to accomodate other players, Elephant Man Bruce played him out wide. Dogleash has continued the pattern and his confidence has sunk.

The lad can play and I wish him well.

Have you been watching the same games as me?

Everytime I've seen him for liverpool he's been played as part of the midfield 3, its always been bellamy/suarez/caroll/downing/kuyt out wide for the front 3

Have you been watching the same games as me?

Everytime I've seen him for liverpool he's been played as part of the midfield 3, its always been bellamy/suarez/caroll/downing/kuyt out wide for the front 3

I've certainly never seen Carroll or Suarez out wide except when the play naturally takes them there.

I'll stand by my comments as in the games I've watched he's played wide. However, I have to confess I can't abide Liverpool so only watched a handful of games.

I'm also partly basing my view on an article I read where the lad himself has cited being used out wide as a reason for his slump.