Lambert walked out on Norwich

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

A Martin O'Neill wannabe if I've ever seen one.

Even down to the glasses and track suit. Norwich play pathetic football, and he will get found out at Villa. It might take two seasons, but Villa have a bigger problem than someone like Lambert can solve, and that is that they are playing in a League that is three tier, and they are stuck in tier two, and will be there till the money bubble bursts.

Being completely honest, Lambert owes Norwich absolutely hee-haw and he should be allowed to join who he wants.

He's completely entitled to do whatever he wants, but it's not the first time he has walked out on a club. The fact he "owes Norwich absolutely hee-haw" doesn't mean he isn't a twat with no sense of perspective or loyalty.

He's completely entitled to do whatever he wants, but it's not the first time he has walked out on a club. The fact he "owes Norwich absolutely hee-haw" doesn't mean he isn't a twat with no sense of perspective or loyalty.

When you manage the likes of Wycombe and Colchester you're generally trying to work your way up unless you have no ambition.

When you look at the EPL there is something wrong where clubs like AV and Everton, perhaps Liverpool and Tottenham, big clubs, have no chance whatsoever of ever winning it. 20 years ago that wasn't the case, but "it is now", and it will one day be the undoing of the English League. The above mentioned are about tier two; they will permanently be stuck there, and there won't be a thing they can do about it. Lambert will go there, the kick and rush route one football of O'Neil will improve them on the last few seasons, and then they will stagnate.

When you manage the likes of Wycombe and Colchester you're generally trying to work your way up unless you have no ambition.

Well, quite. But if you're only 40 and your ambition is such that you leave a club after just one season because you're more interested in climbing the ladder than building something and learning your trade then more power to you. I would just keep an eye on people like that. That's what they killed Caesar for ;)

I mean, I'm sure you can see why it's depressing to see a manager leave a club with which he has had astonishing success to take over a club that finished below his current club in the league, just because they are nominally "bigger" and richer. Is that what football is about? Is that ambition? To be the next failed Aston Villa manager?

Well, quite. But if you're only 40 and your ambition is such that you leave a club after just one season because you're more interested in climbing the ladder than building something and learning your trade then more power to you. I would just keep an eye on people like that. That's what they killed Caesar for ;)

Colchester and Norwich were in the same league at the time, but Norwich obviously had much more to offer financially in terms of building something. If he hadn't taken the chance he may not have got another.

I'd say Lambert has handled his managerial career well after getting the sack from Livingston.