Radio 5 live

derek1872

Just driving home in the car listening to 5 live, said the SFA won't appeal the decision that overturned the transfer embargo. Its back to the drawing board for them with one of the other options. Is this good news?

If they punish us further then it's down to sour grapes, and we can appeal that in court as well. They have no grounds for punishment now, they issued what they felt was fair and it turned out it wasn't. A lesser or more severe punishment would leave them looking even more ridiculous (is that possible?).

If they punish us further then it's down to sour grapes, and we can appeal that in court as well. They have no grounds for punishment now, they issued what they felt was fair and it turned out it wasn't. A lesser or more severe punishment would leave them looking even more ridiculous (is that possible?).

Lord Glennie stipulated that his ruling didn't preclude any other punishment being administered, so long as it was one of those listed.

Lord Glennie stipulated that his ruling didn't preclude any other punishment being administered, so long as it was one of those listed.

Where do they go from here now, the lesser punishments they have already deemed insufficient and they can't realistically expect to kick us out of the game so they're stuck in a position of looking like idiots either way.

Suspension or expulsion from the game, banned from the Scottish Cup or removal of SFA membership.

We have already been given the maximum fine.

What is the different between susension and expulsion from the league?

Where do they go from here now, the lesser punishments they have already deemed insufficient and they can't realistically expect to kick us out of the game so they're stuck in a position of looking like idiots either way.

That will depend on how the Appellate Panel view the situation.

Just driving home in the car listening to 5 live, said the SFA won't appeal the decision that overturned the transfer embargo. Its back to the drawing board for them with one of the other options. Is this good news?

The SFA was never going to appeal the decision. It wasn't an option. Fifa would hit the roof.

Suspension or expulsion from the game, banned from the Scottish Cup or removal of SFA membership.

The maximum fine is £100,000. They fined us £160,000. That's surely along the same lines as the transfer embargo, made up rules. It's baffling why we didn't appeal that either.

The SFA was never going to appeal the decision. It wasn't an option. Fifa would hit the roof.

I was kinda hoping they would. I think I was one of the few that thought a season transfer embargo was much better than the other options. I think we might have shot ourselves in the foot. :anguish:

but they already said these options were too harsh, so if they were to go back on that then im assuming we would be going back to CoS with their original quotes.

personally i think SFA have made a james hunt of this and have nowhere else to go that will save face.

but they already said these options were too harsh, so if they were to go back on that then im assuming we would be going back to CoS with their original quotes.

personally i think SFA have made a james hunt of this and have nowhere else to go that will save face.

If we hadnt appealed would the transfer embargo stood and that be an end to it?

I was kinda hoping they would. I think I was one of the few that thought a season transfer embargo was much better than the other options. I think we might have shot ourselves in the foot. :anguish:

It's either another fine (£100k) or expulsion from their diddy cup (will upset the sponsors)

I think we will be kicked out of the cup ,allready been fined don't think they have the balls to withdraw our license?

If we get kicked out the cup, that fucks up Greens bid as his conditions say we need to be in all competitions.