Radio 5 live

derek1872

but they already said these options were too harsh, so if they were to go back on that then im assuming we would be going back to CoS with their original quotes.

personally i think SFA have made a james hunt of this and have nowhere else to go that will save face.

Maybe so, but I expect that they could argue that they can only go with what's available to them.

Did you have a good week? Did you get those texts?

The maximum fine is £100,000. They fined us £160,000. That's surely along the same lines as the transfer embargo, made up rules. It's baffling why we didn't appeal that either.

The other £60k was for separate rule breaches.

The other £60k was for separate rule breaches.

Ah ok cheers.

So haven't the sfa actually went and broke uefa/FIFA rules that you cannot use courts of law, blah blah. Well they've went and adhered to a court ruling and say they won't appeal. Won't that piss uefa and FIFA off.

Ah ok cheers.

So haven't the sfa actually went and broke uefa/FIFA rules that you cannot use courts of law, blah blah. Well they've went and adhered to a court ruling and say they won't appeal. Won't that piss uefa and FIFA off.

They are claiming that by not appealing, they are adhering to UEFA/FIFA statutes. They couldn't really do anything else given their previous stance.

Response to Court of Session ruling

Thursday, 31 May 2012

Stewart Regan, Scottish FA Chief Executive:

"In light of Tuesday’s decision by Lord Glennie at the Court of Session, it is necessary to clarify the position of the Scottish FA in relation to the disciplinary sanctions imposed on Rangers FC.

"Football must always operate within the law of the land. None the less, it is regrettable that a member club has sought recourse for a football disciplinary matter through increasingly costly civil court action.

"The right of appeal is now open to the Scottish FA through the Court of Session. However, by so doing, the very principles on which the Scottish FA - and, for that matter, UEFA and FIFA – are founded, namely football disciplinary matters being dealt with within its own jurisdiction, would be fundamentally compromised.

"Therefore, it is our intention to accede to Lord Glennie’s request and refer the matter back to the Appellate Tribunal, which will consider the remaining sanctions open to it. Details of a new hearing date will be confirmed in early course.

"The Scottish FA is bound – as are all other decision-making bodies in this country – by the Supervisory Jurisdiction of the court under Scots Law. The Scottish FA’s Senior Counsel represented to the Court of Session that it had no jurisdiction with reference to Article 5.1(b) and © of the Scottish FA’s Articles and Articles 4(2), 62(1), 63(1), 63(2) and 64(2) of the FIFA Statutes. This representation was rejected by Lord Glennie, who considered that the provisions of the FIFA statutes and the provisions of the Scottish FA Articles did not oust the supervisory jurisdiction of the courts to deal with questions of the powers open to the tribunal.

"It is important to reiterate that the additional sanction of a registration embargo was imposed by an independent Judicial Panel chaired by a leading QC, Gary Allan, and upheld by an Appellate Tribunal chaired by a Supreme Court Judge, Lord Carloway.

"That in itself vindicates the robustness of the Judicial Panel Protocol, which has been questioned in hackneyed comment in certain quarters this week. It should be noted that two vastly experienced Supreme Court Judges, Lord Carloway and Lord Glennie, arrived at diametrically opposed viewpoints on the same issue.

"With our Annual General Meeting taking place on Wednesday, June 6, it will be appropriate to remind member clubs that by very dint of their membership of the Scottish FA, they accept and abide by the Articles of Association."

SFA

They are claiming that by not appealing, they are adhering to UEFA/FIFA statutes. They couldn't really do anything else given their previous stance.

They should have refused to attend court to defend, they would then have been able to claim they would disregard the competency of the court, and that they would have won if they had put their arguments forward.

Fighting the case, then refusing to take part in the legal process after they have lost is totally childish.

If we hadnt appealed would the transfer embargo stood and that be an end to it?

Not really.

The SFA are have appointed lawyers to investigate possible 'dual contracts' with the possible penalty of title stripping.

Then you've the SPL and their rushed 'new rules' for clubs in admin that they've never bothered their arses about for years till Rangers went into admin.

Of course now, it's to be made the football equivilant of a hanging offence.

A CVA would avoid the latter...as would a timely Newco.

I've a feeling the 'dual contracts' thing will prove unfounded but 'the big tax case' will probably make that either a goer or not.

Whatever the outcome of the above two, a couple of things are clear:

1) The transfer embargo would see us finish about 4th or 5th...all things considered...I think (I don't subscribe to the doomsday scenario). Without it, we'd challenge...so important to appeal it.

2) They clearly have it fucking in for us. It's time to fight everything now....every little thing. Everything...and all of us.

Ring ring..............ring ring.............

Regan: What have you called the Almighty Ruler of Scottish Football to say?

FIFA: Meester Regan? It is FIFA calling.....

Regan: Ah sorry, yes...how can I be of assistance?

FIFA: It is about this bad publicity. Tell us what happened, how did this start?

Regan: One of our member clubs dragged the good name of football in this country, which I have built up, through the mud.

FIFA: This is the team with the FUCK UEFA banners?

Regan: Err....no

FIFA: The team who don't play their players and refuse to throw out sex offenders?

FIFA: Which team then?

Regan: Rangers Football Club

FIFA: What did they do?

Regan: They had a very naughty chairman

FIFA: (Silence)

Regan: He didn't pay taxes and the manner in which he bought them was very very naughty.

FIFA: He wasn't an elected Chairman

Regan: Well no

FIFA: What did the other directors do?

Regan: They.....err....resigned in protest

FIFA: They have paid the taxes now?

Regan: Ah...NO!.....They're still being naughty!

FIFA: They are still operating normally with non-payment of taxes?

Regan: Well yes and...err....no

FIFA: No?

Regan: They are in administration

FIFA: So natural business recourse has been taken?

Regan: Yes

FIFA: But you punished them when they needed support?

Regan: Yes, I was strong.......err.....the disciplinary committee was strong, we gave them a transfer ban and a fine.

FIFA: These punishments are within your remit?

Regan: Well, I am sort of all-powerful and I thought that.....

FIFA: That is a no?

FIFA: Mr Regan

FIFA: Sort this the fuck out by saving as much face as possible and then get to fuck. Never darken the door of a football association again.

Ring ring..............ring ring.............

Regan: What have you called the Almighty Ruler of Scottish Football to say?

FIFA: Meester Regan? It is FIFA calling.....

Regan: Ah sorry, yes...how can I be of assistance?

FIFA: It is about this bad publicity. Tell us what happened, how did this start?

Regan: One of our member clubs dragged the good name of football in this country, which I have built up, through the mud.

FIFA: This is the team with the FUCK UEFA banners?

FIFA: The team who don't play their players and refuse to throw out sex offenders?

FIFA: Which team then?

Regan: Rangers Football Club

FIFA: What did they do?

Regan: They had a very naughty chairman

FIFA: (Silence)

Regan: He didn't pay taxes and the manner in which he bought them was very very naughty.

FIFA: He wasn't an elected Chairman

Regan: Well no

FIFA: What did the other directors do?

Regan: They.....err....resigned in protest

FIFA: They have paid the taxes now?

Regan: Ah...NO!.....They're still being naughty!

FIFA: They are still operating normally with non-payment of taxes?

Regan: Well yes and...err....no

FIFA: No?

Regan: They are in administration

FIFA: So natural business recourse has been taken?

FIFA: But you punished them when they needed support?

Regan: Yes, I was strong.......err.....the disciplinary committee was strong, we gave them a transfer ban and a fine.

FIFA: These punishments are within your remit?

Regan: Well, I am sort of all-powerful and I thought that.....

FIFA: That is a no?

FIFA: Mr Regan

FIFA: Sort this the fuck out by saving as much face as possible and then get to fuck. Never darken the door of a football association again.

if only it was as cut and dry as that!!. Expect a years suspension. Suspended for 2years. Like a suspended sentance. Thats what im hoping for anyway. Being kicked out with nowhere to go would be chaotic

Not really.

The SFA are have appointed lawyers to investigate possible 'dual contracts' with the possible penalty of title stripping.

Then you've the SPL and their rushed 'new rules' for clubs in admin that they've never bothered their arses about for years till Rangers went into admin.

Of course now, it's to be made the football equivilant of a hanging offence.

A CVA would avoid the latter...as would a timely Newco.

I've a feeling the 'dual contracts' thing will prove unfounded but 'the big tax case' will probably make that either a goer or not.

Whatever the outcome of the above two, a couple of things are clear:

1) The transfer embargo would see us finish about 4th or 5th...all things considered...I think (I don't subscribe to the doomsday scenario). Without it, we'd challenge...so important to appeal it.

2) They clearly have it fucking in for us. It's time to fight everything now....every little thing. Everything...and all of us.

I wouldn't have minded finishing one season in mid table. We need to look at the long term. I believe that punishment was the sfa way of punishing us without getting rid of us. Not to do us a favour but to do themselves one. I dont by into the whole they have it in for us. Some people seem to think everyone has it in for us. It's nonsense. The men running our club put us in this mess. Not the sfa, SPL, BBC, the sun, the record, FIFA, UEFA etc. Not everyone can be wrong. We just need to accept those guys fucked things up not the rest of the world and move on.