Release Clause's revealed

G.E.C.

So when our players sallaries go back up tjat then means their Value goes up too.

No. The escape clauses are the trade off for agreeing the the cut in wages. As of tomorrow, if another club bids the amount stipulated in a player's escape clause then Rangers has to accept it. That does not mean that the player necessarily moves, but at a discounted fee the other club can potentially offer the player more in terms of wages. For example, if a player is valued at £4 million and his release clause is for £2 million then Rangers gets a couple of million and potentially the player can also trouser the same.

I really don't know how the BBC are getting the release fee's unless someone is actually leaking them. Surely it would be between club and player as mentioned before.

I can't imagine that wantaway players or their agents would release such sensitive material into the public domain.

The release clause places an obligation on Rangers to sell the player to any club which offers the specified amount. However, the player must also agree to the transfer. If it is to a club which the player doesn't fancy, he can always say no. Also, if two or more clubs express an interest in a player, there would then be a bidding war and (subject to his agreement to the move) the player could be transferred to whichever club was willing to pay the highest transfer fee.

In short, I don't think we should be too concerned. Many of the players will want to stay at Ibrox and those that want to exercise their right to leave will be (a) saving us a fortune in wages; and (b) giving some of the younger players a better chance of getting a regular game.

I appear to have misunderstood the release clause bit of our players' renegotiated contracts. I had thought that the release clause only kicked in if Whyte was still in charge and if their salaries hadn't returned to normal level. To be honest, there was so much negative pseudo information being issued by everyone with an anti-Rangers agenda that I confess I only quickly glanced through most articles trying to extricate the actual from the fiction. If the release clauses can be invoked from today under any circumstance then I must admit to being a bit disappointed with these new contracts. If, say, Davis was to be the object of a transfer bid from an English club, then he can go for only £1.65m and receive possibly as much again from the buying club. That is far more compensation than dropping 75% of 3 months wages. That scenario is the same for all these new contracts which hardly makes the players quite as benevolent as was first suggested. Having said that, it would only count if any player left before the expiry of the new contract. If it was me playing for RFC, my new contract would possibly have a clause which paid me what I had foregone in the past. I'd still want RFC to profit from my sale. Then again, I am Rangers fan and a bit of a dinosaur.

is this legal for the bbc to print how much the release clauses are for each player? i am asking because i remember alan pardew getting asked if demba ba had a 7 million release clause and he said nobody is allowed to know that but the player,club and agent.

It's not like the contracts are in one of these:

Top-Secret-Tip-To-Pick-SMS-Keyword.jpeg

Of course the contract is agreed with player, agent and club. But player and agent are free to discuss their contract as they wish. Most don't for obvious reasons, but it's not a crime, against the law, or a secret binding contract.

If someone asked me about my employment contract and wage structure, I can tell them if I want...or not.

Would be a bit different if the club are telling people about these. But that's doubtful.

How else would potential buyers know the price of a player if all this was meant to be top secret material?

Another pointless article by the BBC here, yet again trying to keep the flames lit on us. But hardly a criminal article. Just extremely lazy and pointless journalism.

did Sochaux not offer 300k for Edu last summer?

500k for Lafferty is abit on the low side but hardly "cut price",, same with Whittakers fee, would maybe look for 1m/1.2m for him, so 850k and his wage off the weekly bill wouldnt be a disaster

would be sore to lose Naismith for 2m but would a team take a chance until hes proved his fitness?? i hope he gets the chance to prove his fitness with us

1.65m for Davis,, much do we reckon he is worth?

also dont see any mention of McGregors fee, hopefully thats cause hes told his agent he doesnt want anybody to know cause he isnae interested in a move,, probably not but i hope to f*ck thats the case lol

how long do these clauses run for,, is it just this transfer window?

Lafferty's probably worth a million to somebody, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. I think he'd come good with a full season under his belt upfront, but it doesn't look likely to happen.

850k for Whitts is probably a little cheap, too, but he's been poor for a while. Given his big wage, I wouldn't be too displeased to see the back of him.

Also, if two or more clubs express an interest in a player, there would then be a bidding war and (subject to his agreement to the move) the player could be transferred to whichever club was willing to pay the highest transfer fee.

Sadly, that is not true. The hypothetical two or more clubs would all bid the same amount and then it is down to player choice. The escape clause sets the fee that Rangers has to accept. There is no bidding war, other than between the player and the two or more clubs.

If it was me playing for RFC, my new contract would possibly have a clause which paid me what I had foregone in the past. I'd still want RFC to profit from my sale. Then again, I am Rangers fan and a bit of a dinosaur.

And you're not represented by an agent.

Incidentally, the story at the time was that there was an additional "Whyte clause" agreed alongside the release clauses and that was that free transfers would be available if Whyte was still hanging around Ibrox.