Chelsea agree £38m deal for Brazilian international Hulk from Porto

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Hulk is actually a bit underrated. Yeah, everybody knows he scores a lot, but actually his assist numbers are what impresses me the most about him: season 10/11 - 21 ast, 11/12 - 15 ast. To compare, Falcao had 7 assist in 11/12 season, Rooney 8, Gomez 4, Kagawa 9, Xavi 12, Iniesta 12. Great pickup

That doesn't make sense he won the CL with lowly Porto where he had all the reins of power why would any owner want to change that?

Just the way some of them work, shevchenko was a step too far for Jose though.

It has continued with Torres, Hazard and Hulk.

Would rather have Falcao myself.

I think Falcao is a better goal scorer and maybe would have been a direct replacement for Drogba however Hulk is a really good signing and along with Hazard and whoever else they may sign i'm quite excited about watching Chelsea next season even though i'm not a great fan of them.

City and Chelsea two horse race next season.

It certainly leaves the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool miles behind now.

The 2 Manchester clubs and Chelsea look so much better equipped than the rest now especially when players like Hazard and Hulk go to Chelsea and Kagawa going to United.

Nope, players have been and continue to be bought regardless of the managers consent. They may earmark certain ones and bring them too.

It's not uncommon at clubs where the owners pump in billions.

Mourinho signed a few Porto players that won the CL in his first season. Surely that was his signings?

Mourinho signed a few Porto players that won the CL in his first season. Surely that was his signings?

He signed a few but also RA sanctioned a fair few which Jose did not agree with which was why there was so much friction with them.

The only players who Chelsea have signed that have made me really think they were probably signed by Abramovich rather than the manager are Smertin, Shevchenko & Zhirkov.

Torres was defiantly a RA signing I think while Lukaku, the Belgian Keeper and De Bruyne were stated as RA signings as AVB said this was a method which was important to the club, there was an article at the time of the De Bruyne singing.

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas had insisted the arrival of De Bruyne was nothing to do with him and that it was down to "club policy for the future".

He explained: "It's a target that's decided by the club, that I knew about for quite some time.

"In the sense that it's the club policy for the future, it's the right thing [to buy him] and I'll do everything in my power for him to reach maximum potential.

"But it's down to the club in decision-making. I'm a manager who respects club policy.

"A club has to look to the future, whether it's with this manager or another. He's a good bet for the future."

If Chelsea were to sign a top quality RB or CB (Hummels, Sakho, Silva, Alves) then I could see them winning the league they do't need another out and out striker Torres, Hulk, Sturridge and Lukaku are more than good enough options and with Marin, Mata, Hazard, De Bruyne, Kalou and Malouda behind them they will be a superb attacking side they just need to add some quality defenders.

Ramires Lampard

Hulk------Mata------Hazard

Torres

Not bad.

Need a RB IMO.

The main thing Chelsea need is a whole new central midfield. Looking awesome attack wise but Ramires is a sort of bit part utility player and Lampard, some key passes in the CL apart, is a shadow of the player he was. I honestly think they need at least 2 world class central midfielders as a bare minimum. Essien is finished as well. Say Chelsea went out and signed Snieidjer and De Rossi for example (not going to happen I know), they would walk the league next year

The main thing Chelsea need is a whole new central midfield. Looking awesome attack wise but Ramires is a sort of bit part utility player and Lampard, some key passes in the CL apart, is a shadow of the player he was. I honestly think they need at least 2 world class central midfielders as a bare minimum. Essien is finished as well. Say Chelsea went out and signed Snieidjer and De Rossi for example (not going to happen I know), they would walk the league next year

ramires is a bit part utilty player hahaha

did u watch any of the last season, chelseas best player