Cool heads and common sense required

As much as it pains me to say it we are now in a situation that without the above the game in Scotland is about to go into meltdown.

My belief is that we as a support need to keep the pressure up for a change in the way the SFA is currently operating, our problem is that those who can bring change, the tabloids, aren't on our side at the moment or are scared to show themselves. We need to support those who are prepared to speak up and actively show support for them where and when we can. Make no mistake a fan base like ours with friends in influential places will destroy those who continue to target us and seem intent on running us into the ground.

However we need to be smarter than we have been, we are still fragmented and have many spokesmen who don't have the remit to represent the fans groups collectively, the fans groups need to realize that division helps our cause not one bit. Pulling the groups together for this the most important time in our history is a must, anyone opposing this does themselves and Rangers no justice and really shouldn't be heading up a fans group.

If we can elect, for want of a better word, one person to represent the various groups and open dialogue with the Rangers minded in the press we stand a much better chance of achieving our goal. A concerted well thought out agenda backed by an all powerful fan base will bring down the SFA or at least make them see sense and implement some common sense into proceedings.

Sorting out this mess to the satisfaction of both parties is the only way forward but this should only be the beginning, for too long now Scottish football has been dying on its feet it needs a radical overhaul from grass roots to the mighty SFA offices. We need real football people running the game not just administrators, we need business minds who have played the game, we need people like Souness or SAF to stand up and challenge what we are doing.

Every one is focused on what is happening at the top level but no one has looked at the structure of scottish football and said enough is enough. We have multiple management groups running the game, why do we need both a Regan and a Doncaster. This in itself is possibly the biggest handicap we have, it's management by committee it doesn't work in real life why should it work in the fairy tale that is Scottish football.

People need to put aside the issues stop holding onto the diluted power they have and save Scottish football from death but then again that requires common sense and cool heads, not something we witness often in the Scottish game.

Football in this country is so tribal that we are all cutting our own throats . Our talk of boycotts and hoping other clubs die is only matched by other clubs taking the opportunity to stick the boot in when we are down. I am not convinced Scottish football Will ever get over such a massive hurdle .

As for us starting a Pr war we are hindered by our own support . Its clear that we have yet to address issues surrounding sectarian issues, which makes turns of the wider public and paints us as all bigots and for some reason the nasty club.

even on this forum , a football forum , we have a thread supporting the orange order and a thread concerning not signing Catholics. Not to mention the almost daily standard post about the most successfully rangers team being eleven protestants .

In modern society these views are not going to make friends and influence people but alienate the very individuals you suggest.

Football in this country is so tribal that we are all cutting our own throats . Our talk of boycotts and hoping other clubs die is only matched by other clubs taking the opportunity to stick the boot in when we are down. I am not convinced Scottish football Will ever get over such a massive hurdle .

As for us starting a Pr war we are hindered by our own support . Its clear that we have yet to address issues surrounding sectarian issues, which makes turns of the wider public and paints us as all bigots and for some reason the nasty club.

even on this forum , a football forum , we have a thread supporting the orange order and a thread concerning not signing Catholics. Not to mention the almost daily standard post about the most successfully rangers team being eleven protestants .

In modern society these views are not going to make friends and influence people but alienate the very individuals you suggest.

You don't half write some shite for a Bheast.

Well said that man............................yet none of the above comes anywhere near a football club allowing sexual abuse to go unchecked.

Dont think any of our present problems have anything to do what you suggest .I wont bad rep you, but you may find you get some bad reps for this

I watched the recording of Archie McPherson speaking the other night and it was interesting to hear one of the old-school's take on the situation. He knows the value of Rangers(I should put the subtext that he knows the value to Scottish football of both sides of the Old Firm), and I would say that if those in authority ignore the words of him and those prepared to be objective like him, then they will regret the day in hindsight. Scottish football not only needs Rangers, it will die without Rangers; anyone denying that fact is living in gaga land.

Decent post but we also have to add in Celtic fans are the same - their associations with RC,IRA, Ireland is both a barrier to them and us because while they maintain those stances we have those on our side who will take the contra view. (Add in the Kiddy fiddling stuff, Craig Whyte and we remain poles apart) Our rivalry is great enough, bit enough, and strong enough for both sets of fans to take all religion and politics out and still have the fiersest rivalry in World sport.

Everyone (in football terms) outwith the OF hates the OF and looks to put both down (make no mistake if Celtic were in the position we find ourselves the press and other fans would be just as vitrolic towards them) - and within the OF we both try to put each other down - but at some point we need to remember this is a sport and there are ideals in sport that many have lost sight off.

I watched the recording of Archie McPherson speaking the other night and it was interesting to hear one of the old school's take on the situation. He knows the value of Rangers(I should put the subtext that he knows the value to Scottish football of both sides of the Old Firm), and I would say that if those in authority ignore the words of him and those prepared to be objective like him, then they will regret the day in hindsight. Scottish football not only needs Rangers, it will die without Rangers; anyone denying that fact is living in gaga land.

When the oft disparaged Jim Farry was in charge of football administration we never had as many fk ups but he did not show favour to anyone but had an iron command of the rules and fairness - now loads of people disliked him (and he was accused of all sort of shit) but we need a bit of strength in leadership at the SFA /SPL- and someone who will not favour anyone - but we hire Press aceptable appointments, people with (alledgedly) good PR skills (although our current incumbents have proven inept at that as well) rather than strength.and ability.

A good post from the OP. There is a lack of real leaders in the Scottish game these days and that is clearly evident at the SFA and the SPL. I would also add that there is a lack of a real leader at our club just now and i remain to be convinced that Green is the man to show that leadership.

We were the leaders of the game in this country, we were the club that showed the others how to uphold the decency, integrity and moral compass that should under pin any sport.

We have lost that and we need to win that back and take the lead again. Get our own house in order and then go for those at the SFA and SPL. There needs to be one single governing body in Scotland and it needs to be run by those with the overall interest of the game in this country at heart. We should be the main players at this table, we should be leading the way. But i dont see any evidence that we are behaving like true bears, instead we are lowering ourselves to the level of the rest by threatening boycotts etc.

We need to get back to leading the rest to a better environment in the Scottish game.

A good post from the OP. There is a lack of real leaders in the Scottish game these days and that is clearly evident at the SFA and the SPL. I would also add that there is a lack of a real leader at our club just now and i remain to be convinced that Green is the man to show that leadership.

We were the leaders of the game in this country, we were the club that showed the others how to uphold the decency, integrity and moral compass that should under pin any sport.

We have lost that and we need to win that back and take the lead again. Get our own house in order and then go for those at the SFA and SPL. There needs to be one single governing body in Scotland and it needs to be run by those with the overall interest of the game in this country at heart. We should be the main players at this table, we should be leading the way. But i dont see any evidence that we are behaving like true bears, instead we are lowering ourselves to the level of the rest by threatening boycotts etc.

We need to get back to leading the rest to a better environment in the Scottish game.

Brilliant comment. Not sure where I stand on all of it; but good post.

Decent post but we also have to add in Celtic fans are the same - their associations with RC,IRA, Ireland is both a barrier to them and us because while they maintain those stances we have those on our side who will take the contra view.

Amazing that you would post that. Not any kind of surprise - despite repeatedly being slaughtered for your attacks on our support - but you've outdone yourself this time.

Cletci fans 'are the same'?

GS was banned for less.

Amazing that you would post that. Not any kind of surprise - despite repeatedly being slaughtered for your attacks on our support - but you've outdone yourself this time.

Cletci fans 'are the same'?

GS was banned for less.

Selectively quoting again I see - doh

When the oft disparaged Jim Farry was in charge of football administration we never had as many fk ups but he did not show favour to anyone but had an iron command of the rules and fairness - now loads of people disliked him (and he was accused of all sort of shit) but we need a bit of strength in leadership at the SFA /SPL- and someone who will not favour anyone - but we hire Press aceptable appointments, people with (alledgedly) good PR skills (although our current incumbents have proven inept at that as well) rather than strength.and ability.

Agree with the way this train of thought is going, whether we agreed with them all the time or not, the old timers seemed fairer and had more dignity

Now we have to endure the ''sight '' of Regan bandying about opinions on the future of Rangers with Celtic Supporters on TWITTER ffs.

No dignity, The present admin of the SFA are unfit for purpose and their continued present in these footballing offices are now clearly untenable. If they had any real shreds of dignity they would resign now.

Or maybe they are discussing that very point on TWITTER just now.

Why do you bother post on your own forums its pathetic.

Selectively quoting again I see - doh

It deserved to be plucked from the rest of the nonsense as it illustrates - perfectly - your utter contempt for The Rangers support.

I note your concern with the quoting employed over the content of your attack.

GS was banned for less.

It deserved to be plucked from the rest of the nonsense as it illustrates - perfectly - your utter contempt for The Rangers support.

I note your concern with the quoting employed over the content of your attack.

GS was banned for less.

I actually feel sorry for you - you definately come across as quite weak and pathetic - please accept my sympathies.

I actually feel sorry for you - you definately come across as quite weak and pathetic - please accept my sympathies.

Is this your explanation for attacking The Rangers supporters again? Insulting me - after weeks of crying like a baby when a host of other posters routinely insult you? We already know you are a liar, a shit-stirrer and a strong critic of The Rangers support - hypocrisy can now be added to the pitiful list of your failures.

Why don't you elaborate on your post - 'Decent post but we also have to add in Celtic fans are the same - their associations with RC,IRA, Ireland is both a barrier to them and us'?

Why is the clatty clans support for terrorists a 'barrier' to us?

Is this your explanation for attacking The Rangers supporters again? Insulting me - after weeks of crying like a baby when a host of other posters routinely insult you? We already know you are a liar, a shit-stirrer and a strong critic of The Rangers support - hypocrisy can now be added to the pitiful list of your failures.

Why don't you elaborate on your post - 'Decent post but we also have to add in Celtic fans are the same - their associations with RC,IRA, Ireland is both a barrier to them and us'?

Why is the clatty clans support for terrorists a 'barrier' to us?

Its such a shame - if only you read my post in full instead of reacting to the first line you may have understood my argument BUT you are so determined to try to belittle - and yet keep failing. - but as I say I just feel sorry for you - you need to deflect, name call and try to drag people down to your base level all the time - my sympathies.

Its such a shame - if only you read my post in full instead of reacting to the first line you may have understood my argument BUT you are so determined to try to belittle - and yet keep failing. - but as I say I just feel sorry for you - you need to deflect, name call and try to drag people down to your base level all the time - my sympathies.

BP9, you said this: "Celtic fans are the same - their associations with RC,IRA, Ireland is both a barrier to them and us"

I asked you why - you wont answer the point. Although you are making great efforts to do anything but address your pathetic claim.

We all know why.

Decent post but we also have to add in Celtic fans are the same - their associations with RC,IRA, Ireland is both a barrier to them and us because while they maintain those stances we have those on our side who will take the contra view. (Add in the Kiddy fiddling stuff, Craig Whyte and we remain poles apart) Our rivalry is great enough, bit enough, and strong enough for both sets of fans to take all religion and politics out and still have the fiersest rivalry in World sport.

Everyone (in football terms) outwith the OF hates the OF and looks to put both down (make no mistake if Celtic were in the position we find ourselves the press and other fans would be just as vitrolic towards them) - and within the OF we both try to put each other down - but at some point we need to remember this is a sport and there are ideals in sport that many have lost sight off.

Wow!!

The Orange Order isnt illegal and I have never read on here or anywhere else that the most successful Rangers team was all protestants.