WTF happens if a club gets suspended for a year?

bunter

Surely they might as well just expell the club, how can any club stand going a year with no money coming in from attendances? Can you just freeze everything? I doubt it. Has this ever happened before in world football??

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont think we'd get suspended for a season. Maybe 1st round of fixtures with every match vs us in that period a 3-0 loss for us. Then we join in on zero about 20 pts from top? As you say if its fora year then they'd need to promote a 2nd teamup each league so the numbers stay the same. I think for a 9 month period of lies from an owner they never tested to be hammered the way we have been is grossly unfair,we cant go to c.a.s and if we go to the c.o.s then fifa step in!!! Talk about being bullied into submission.

Dont really like the Doomsday Scenario and I really doubt they would be so stupid - after all we generate a lot of the income - we are one of the big draws for the TV etc.

BUT if we were all the players would most likely have to leave - including the youth as I think the sanction is suspension from all compatitions and unless someone picks up the wage bill for a year - we sould be shut - and then need to start again next year - IF we still have someone willing to put money in.

BUT the fking court cases, if they went this way, would be interesting as we would have no choice but to challlenge this in law - this really could lead to a case bigger than Bosman.

They are obviously going to have to pick a sanction out of their rule book this time, I dunno if they can piss about with half season bans but would we even survive that? Play 10 friendlies at Ibrox? The only two I've heard about that dont include expulsion are a scottish cup ban (which i think FIFA will laugh at) and a suspension. Are there any other sanctions available in their pish rule book?

They are obviously going to have to pick a sanction out of their rule book this time, I dunno if they can piss about with half season bans but would we even survive that? Play 10 friendlies at Ibrox? The only two I've heard about that dont include expulsion are a scottish cup ban (which i think FIFA will laugh at) and a suspension. Are there any other sanctions available in their pish rule book?

Are you talking about the existing SFA Rule Book, or the amended one that Pedro Slit-Eyes is working on as we speak? :sherlock:

We have already had the fine

Strange they would put it in the article 2 days ago that it was a possibility, maybe we can get hit with it twice?!

"Lord Carloway, must choose from a range of specified punishments: a fine of £100,000, suspension from the Scottish Cup or suspension or termination of the club's SFA membership."

Surely they might as well just expell the club, how can any club stand going a year with no money coming in from attendances? Can you just freeze everything? I doubt it. Has this ever happened before in world football??

:sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1:

I can't find any reference to any other club in the world being Suspended. I'd hope that if it came to this the SFA would be investigated as they failed to do their job properly with the fit and proper test, and in bestowing rules that were not in the rule book.

Strange they would put it in the article 2 days ago that it was a possibility, maybe we can get hit with it twice?!

"Lord Carloway, must choose from a range of specified punishments: a fine of £100,000, suspension from the Scottish Cup or suspension or termination of the club's SFA membership."

yes and if he chooses the fine, we already have it.

A suspension/expulsion would just lead to all-out anarchy. If they said at the start this punishment was too severe, what right do they have to do it now? It would most definitely end up in court again, and could possibly sever ties between the SFA and Rangers that we may not be able to play in the league again, which suits no-one except for perhaps our good friends across the city...

It's a road that shouldn't be followed, but fascinated to see what the outcome will be on Friday.

I have asked this question several times and no-one has been able to respond.

Under which section of the Judicial Panel Protocol does the Appellate tribunal have the explicit power to substitute one sanction for another (i.e. a suspension in place of a transfer embargo)? :sherlock:

I have asked this question several times and no-one has been able to respond.

Under which section of the Judicial Panel Protocol does the Appellate tribunal have the explicit power to substitute one sanction for another (i.e. a suspension in place of a transfer embargo)? :sherlock:

They haven't. The sanction they placed wus unlawful so they have to find a suitable alternative.

i.e If I was convicted of Murder and was given the death penalty it would have to be commuted to an appropriate sentence as the original isn't suitable.