WTF happens if a club gets suspended for a year?

bunter

I have asked this question several times and no-one has been able to respond.

Under which section of the Judicial Panel Protocol does the Appellate tribunal have the explicit power to substitute one sanction for another (i.e. a suspension in place of a transfer embargo)? :sherlock:

Especially one they have already declared as too severe.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially one they have already declared as too severe.

This is the most imprtant part. The SFA have already said that suspension/expulsion was 'too severe' an that a fine wasn't enough. So its either expulsion/suspension from the Scottish Cup.

Personally I think we'll get a suspended suspension from the Scottish Cup.

That is what has confused me; I thought we have already been fined £160k which is more than the maximum fine in the rules.

The £160k was different fines for different breaches and we got the £100k for the 'disrepute' charge.

Does anyone know what (if any) the tarrif of punishments are for taking the case to court, as surely for them to proceed against us on that basis there must be a mechanism to dela with that or we go back to court again and win AGAIN.

They haven't. The sanction they placed wus unlawful so they have to find a suitable alternative.

Show me where the Appellate Tribunal have the explicit power to "find a suitable alternative". :sherlock:

Does anyone know what (if any) the tarrif of punishments are for taking the case to court, as surely for them to proceed against us on that basis there must be a mechanism to dela with that or we go back to court again and win AGAIN.

That's another question that I have asked previously and no-one has been able to show me the relevant rule. :sherlock:

Seemingly the SFA are taking him to the Court of Session for it. <cr>

The SFA seem to have found some money to go to court with us and now Whyte...when it was green teeth they said it was too expensive, double standards again!

But wont we be punished for going through the legal courts?? Just because thought it was too severe to suspend wont matter. They have to dish out a punishment thats within the guidlines. By the looks of it the punishments are either too soft or too harsh. They already tried to meet in the middle which we knocked back. Its the s.f.a's fault for not having a middle punishment but we might be the ones who suffer because of it

That's another question that I have asked previously and no-one has been able to show me the relevant rule. :sherlock:

I am of the opinion that there is no tariff of punishment for taking them to court. I think they will fine us and ban us from the cup (prob for 3 seasons) as punishment for bringing the game into disrepute. I am also of the opinion that they will then give us a 12 month transfer ban for taking them to court.

We wil not be able to appeal as they will be within their own rules this time. I will of course be corrected if anyone can say what punishments are available to them for the court case.

they spl will say they no longer recognise the sfa as a governing body, they have already told us we can play without an sfa licence.

i believe the spl are hoping this happens so they can form there own ruling body with possibly the sfl and cut the sfa out altogether.

I am of the opinion that there is no tariff of punishment for taking them to court. I think they will fine us and ban us from the cup (prob for 3 seasons) as punishment for bringing the game into disrepute. I am also of the opinion that they will then give us a 12 month transfer ban for taking them to court.

We wil not be able to appeal as they will be within their own rules this time. I will of course be corrected if anyone can say what punishments are available to them for the court case.

1. Under what rule will they charge us for taking them to court?

2. Any punishment for doing so will likely be thrown out by the CoS (it may even be contempt of court). How can you be punished for validly exercising your right to seek a judicial review?

2. Any punishment for doing so will likely be thrown out by the CoS (it may even be contempt of court). How can you be punished for validly exercising your right to seek a judicial review?

Thats basically what I am asking, what mechanism do they have for doings so? It is widely reported that FIFA are wanting us dealt with for doing so, so I am assuming there is a mechanism for doing so. If there is what is the tariff of punishments or does that then become discretionary on their part.

By the laws of the game we shouldnt even be at court. If fifa lets us off we'll be seeing gbh cases for a player that gets his leg broke in a tackle!!! I cant believe we wernt allowed the c.a.s option. Even if s.f.a dont recognise it fifa do and they would've helped us,but we just seem to have pissed everyone off

By the laws of the game we shouldnt even be at court. If fifa lets us off we'll be seeing gbh cases for a player that gets his leg broke in a tackle!!! I cant believe we wernt allowed the c.a.s option. Even if s.f.a dont recognise it fifa do and they would've helped us,but we just seem to have pissed everyone off

Lord Glennie in the Court of Session disagrees with you. He stated that we were entitled to go to court. (He would have thrown out our case otherwise.)

Meh ... It'll be suspension fae the Scottish cup. Don't see expulsion or suspension as they've ruled those punishments are too severe. They'd look like Hypocrits if they change their ruling now. Expulsion would be the beginning of the end of Scottish football.

Of course if there is no mechanism for them to deal with the issue seperatly then I can only see them giving us the ultimate penalty

We cannot be punished for going to court. If we are, Lord Glennie will be getting paid overtime.

Meh ... It'll be suspension fae the Scottish cup. Don't see expulsion or suspension from the league as they've ruled those punishments are too severe. They'd look like Hypocrits if they change their ruling now. Expulsion would be the beginning of the end of Scottish football. Which tv company's gonna pay good money to watch septic win every league title forever. Rangers an septic are the only teams who make the league competitive. imo

Meh ... It'll be suspension fae the Scottish cup. Don't see expulsion or suspension as they've ruled those punishments are too severe. They'd look like Hypocrits if they change their ruling now. Expulsion would be the beginning of the end of Scottish football.

FIFA have allegedly told them to hit us with a sanction equal to or more severe so they can easily suspend us or worse.

FIFA have allegedly told them to hit us with a sanction equal to or more severe so they can easily suspend us or worse.

:lol:

Under what rule are they going to "easily suspend us or worse" because FIFA demand it?

If they expelled us or suspended we could take them back to CoS. I think they'll want to avoid that situation as it could lead to all sorts of problems for them and FIFA. But it's only my opinion I don't really know what will happen.

You could not make this up, in one of the papers today (sunday mail i think), it says that the sfa are chasing whyte for the £200,000 fine they gave him, and to get the money they are prepared to go to the court of session, is that the same CoS that they are going to "Kick us out" for,going to, i thought fifa didn't do courts, incredible incompetence, sorry if this has been posted already