Why Are We Hated In Scotland

minstral

They hate us because WE ARE THE PEOPLE !!

They really believe that we have a superiority complex (as opposed to their own inferiority complex)

They hate that and we should never let them forget it.

As long as we bond together they will always hate us.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to say nothing, the question was Why do they hate us, I work with loads of fans of other clubs, and I am trying to explain why, nothing to do with jelousy, just trying to put across why they hate us

I am trying to say nothing, the question was Why do they hate us, I work with loads of fans of other clubs, and I am trying to explain why, nothing to do with jelousy, just trying to put across why they hate us

In your experience. IN mines it's because we are simply better than them. I work with fans of other clubs too. I've also seen the exact same thing in England towards Man U fans. Do these fans of other club aknowledge the fact that there clubs have a part in the decision making process within Scottish football? Do they feel their own clubs are biased against them?

I will be sure ask them DUDE but the feeling I get, is that the spl teams bottled it and agreed to a tv deal that made the OF teams in charge, in money terms and voting rights, my worry now is they have had enough a see an opportunity to even the playing field, in both TV money and voting rights

Also think that they hate the fact that we are proud to be a British club and wave the Union Jack more than the Saltire. That is only my opinion, plus our Protestant connection.

We are not a British club...We are a Scottish club and "usually"represent Scotland in Europe !

No clubs are recognised by UEFA as British as there is no British league in football.

A nubmer of things M which collectively compound the hatred of Rangers.

1. Theres the biggest & best in the land.... similar to Man U & Real Madrid. But its more than that.

2. We represent and present ourselves as Scottish & British and Pro-Union.There will be a section of the Nationalist community who hate us for it.

3. We present ourselves as very pro- Monarchy. The Republican anti-Royalist fanny boys wont like that either.

We are not a British club...We are a Scottish club and "usually"represent Scotland in Europe !

No clubs are recognised by UEFA as British as there is no British league in football.

Seems the term "Quintessentially British" is lost on you then.....

I get what you are saying, but every fan of the other clubs I talk to don't see it that way, they remember the early 80's when only 10 or 12 thousands were attending games, and they reckon wee bought success in the years ahead has brought nothing but glory hunters to the Rangers cause, then they talk about things that are never reported in the media but are out there if you look hard enough, I find it hard to argue with them when what they say is true

bullshit%20-%20Copy.gif

I will be sure ask them DUDE but the feeling I get, is that the spl teams bottled it and agreed to a tv deal that made the OF teams in charge, in money terms and voting rights, my worry now is they have had enough a see an opportunity to even the playing field, in both TV money and voting rights

FFS can smell it a MILE away..........back to kerryFAIl st

I get what you are saying, but every fan of the other clubs I talk to don't see it that way, they remember the early 80's when only 10 or 12 thousands were attending games, and they reckon wee bought success in the years ahead has brought nothing but glory hunters to the Rangers cause, then they talk about things that are never reported in the media but are out there if you look hard enough, I find it hard to argue with them when what they say is true

:drugang:

If it sounds like a tim, smells like a tim & looks like a tim............

I know when this Forum was started the main reason was to show openess, But what has happened since 14th Feb, I believe we should close the door to THOSE Taigs and OTHERS who come to gloat and WOULD be grateful if we could go to paying so much a month like some other member mentioned in a earlier post some weeks past. Then, if they twats want to peek they will have to pay to join and donate to Scotland's Greatest Football Team.

Rant over............

Yes we are.

Who gives a fuck what UEFA think, I know what my passport says, and I know the flag of our country :uk:

I also have friends that support other teams and they often cite a bias towards the OF as a reason for hating both Rangers and Celtic. The 11-1 vote is also given as a reason even though their own clubs agreed to it in the first place.

Of course jealousy has a lot to do with it to and that puts Rangers at the top of the list.

I've never really cared what anybody else thinks about Rangers as quite simply they don't matter.

When your the number one team in the country, you always have a target on your back. Everybody strives to be number one.

Other side of the coin is though... They have been a snobbery element by us towards to the other teams. Now we are basically down at their level and relying on them via SPL/SFA meetings etc. If the boot was on the other foot we'd make other teams suffer.

me a tim :mutley: that got me chuckling, I was simply putting the reason why the other teams hate us, they hate the mhanks as well by the way, and as I have already why they think this way I will not repeat, a friend recommended this forum as being sensible and I would be able to have a proper grown up discussion, but he would appear to be wrong, the views are not mine but how other fans see us, that is all

Easiest question ever minstral!

It's probably human nature to not like the 'best'. Something that you know that you can never attain? Envy -- that is all. Perhaps that is where the term "Green with envy" came from? lol

Let's see... As a club (ignoring charlatans like Murray/Whyte who were not, never been, Rangers men), we have:

• Loyalty -- To the club, The Queen, Being British, The Forces, and each other, and those that are disadvantaged in some sense. In other words, we care about the right things.
  • Success -- We breed it, we live it. No other club in the world comes close. Our trophy room represents less than 10% of everything we have won.
  • Dignity -- From William Struth to Ally (yes, there are a few we can forget as well), the underyling, fundamental behaviour of a Rangers manager is, dignity. Walter Smith? Cut from Mr. Struth's jib.
  • Humanity -- Outwith Football, The Rangers are there in communities, doing what we can to help.
  • Globally -- In N.A alone, There are +50 RSCs. There are only a few places in the world, where you cannot find a RSC. ManU? Yer having a laugh. WATP!

Human mentality... Why hate a club like this? Envy mate..imho of course :-)

Good question !

00000042.gif

I also have friends that support other teams and they often cite a bias towards the OF as a reason for hating both Rangers and Celtic. The 11-1 vote is also given as a reason even though their own clubs agreed to it in the first place.

Of course jealousy has a lot to do with it to and that puts Rangers at the top of the list.

I've never really cared what anybody else thinks about Rangers as quite simply they don't matter.

Think the dafty's that support the teams from outwith the Old firm seem to forget that when the voting was different in the SPL they fucked the TV deal when they chose the Setanta Deal over the Sky Deal and look how that turned out for them. The main reason us and the unwashed wanted the change in the first place.

Easiest question ever minstral!

It's probably human nature to not like the 'best'. Something that you know that you can never attain? Envy -- that is all. Perhaps that is where the term "Green with envy" came from? lol

Let's see... As a club (ignoring charlatans like Murray/Whyte who were not, never been, Rangers men), we have:

• Loyalty -- To the club, The Queen, Being British, The Forces, and each other, and those that are disadvantaged in some sense. In other words, we care about the right things.
  • Success -- We breed it, we live it. No other club in the world comes close. Our trophy room represents less than 10% of everything we have won.
  • Dignity -- From William Struth to Ally (yes, there are a few we can forget as well), the underyling, fundamental behaviour of a Rangers manager is, dignity. Walter Smith? Cut from Mr. Struth's jib.
  • Humanity -- Outwith Football, The Rangers are there in communities, doing what we can to help.
  • Globally -- In N.A alone, There are +50 RSCs. There are only a few places in the world, where you cannot find a RSC. ManU? Yer having a laugh. WATP!

Human mentality... Why hate a club like this? Envy mate..imho of course :-)

Good question !

00000042.gif

Good post Delamonty. (tu)

Good post Delamonty. (tu)

Thank you Minstral. It is a good question though... it actually asks us to look inside of ourselves to know who we are. Only then can you perhaps see us from a different perspective. i.e. Not being 'us'.

As Mr. Struth so eloquently said.. "We welcome the chase..." We do.

We will get through our current dilemma as well. It is who we are. 00000042.gif

Completely ridiculous.

Sadly you are very naive King Jela and don't understand what these people are about and the history they have as a people.

I watched a comedian yesterday on the Big Questions on BBC basically having a pop at the Orange Order, using the Union flag (the flag of our people) by claiming it is sectarian in Glasgow and comes across as BNP like. Her upbringing has been to think of the Union flag as sectarian and basically disrespected the men and women who fought and died under the flag.

These people hate everything we stand for as a club. The heritage of the club, the values we have as a club, the history we have as a club.

It is time people in Scotland waked up and realised what they are dealing with.