New Charles Blue statement tonight regarding current SFA situation

Boab

They need to stick to the punishments available! they can't decide on suspension/expulsion after saying it was too severe.

Our punishment is for what we done wrong and what we done wrong didn't merit susp/exp as they previously said so they can't now spit the dummy out and hit us with that for going to court..or we see them in court again!

Scottish cup ban!

suspe/exp and SC ban are still available punishments to them,doesn't matter what they've said.

personally,i can't see us getting any of the above sanctions...

Dr. Gregory Iaonnidis a european sports law expert had highlighted this problem earlier last week on newsnight by saying " Rangers had no other option but to go to court as SFA do not allow clubs of a national dimension to appeal to CAS".. ,but BBC and newspapers alike conveniently ommitted this comment from him .

My original outrage was that we weren't given the option of CAS. I'm not really clear on this though, didn't Caley go to CAS for that Niculae stuff not long ago? All a bit confusing

so by the SFA rules we could never have gone to the CAS anyway.

The SFA must be in deep stuff with FIFA if that is true.

As ever Mr Green sounds positive, lets wait and see if the actions are as positive as the words

this is the important part in my view

"Unfortunately, the route to apply to the Court of Arbitration in Sport was not open to the Club because the SFA's own articles fail to include a specific provision permitting appeals to CAS and the Judicial Panel Protocol contains a rule which prohibits any form of appeal to CAS or any other body."

My original outrage was that we weren't given the option of CAS. I'm not really clear on this though, didn't Caley go to CAS for that Niculae stuff not long ago? All a bit confusing

I'm led to believe going through CAS is a slow process . It can take a year before they make a decision .

Good statement. It appears he knew fine well we were going to court even though the rhags said he was livid over it. Next we should be pointing out to FIFA that cas wasn't an option. Green sounds more of a fighter than Murray ever was.

Ffs how can regan survive !! I always assumed we could have went to the CAS but the rules don't allow that as an appeal route!!! Regan did real well with his review of the sfa articles of association ( NOT ) How much more inept do you have to be at your job to get fking heaved oot!!

so by the SFA rules we could never have gone to the CAS anyway.

The SFA must be in deep stuff with FIFA if that is true.

As ever Mr Green sounds positive, lets wait and see if the actions are as positive as the words

An excellent statement. It's been run past the solicitors (probably Richard Keen) and draws a line in the sand. If the SFA cross that line, then all hell breaks loose.

That's just about what it says. We'll maybe accept a SC ban, but no more!

Further to our discussion earlier, surely the part where Mr Green mentions the fact he didnt have the option of the CAS as it was not in the rules of the SFA. If that is indeed true (other thread about evening tims journo says different)then we have broken the SFA rules by doing so, surely then they will have a seperate case to bring against us.

Im not wanting this, but I dont trust these bastards and they will look to exact their revenge to seek favour with FIFA.

Ffs how can regan survive !! I always assumed we could have went to the CAS but the rules don't allow that as an appeal route!!! Regan did real well with his review of the sfa articles of association ( NOT ) How much more inept do you have to be at your job to get fking heaved oot!!

No, the JPP states:

15.8.3.6 The Appellate Tribunal’s Determination shall be final and binding

on the parties and there shall be no further right of appeal.

We could not have taken the case to CAS even if we had wanted to.

Further to our discussion earlier, surely the part where Mr Green mentions the fact he didnt have the option of the CAS as it was not in the rules of the SFA. If that is indeed true (other thread about evening tims journo says different)then we have broken the SFA rules by doing so, surely then they will have a seperate case to bring against us.

Im not wanting this, but I dont trust these bastards and they will look to exact their revenge to seek favour with FIFA.

See my post above re the JPP specifically excluding an appeal to CAS. Hence our request for a judicial review is valid and we simply cannot be punished for it. The point is this: the SFA Articles and JPP should have permitted an appeal to CAS - it's the SFA that are at fault here, not us.

See my post above re the JPP specifically excluding an appeal to CAS. Hence our request for a judicial review is valid and we simply cannot be punished for it. The point is this: the SFA Articles and JPP should have permitted an appeal to CAS - it's the SFA that are at fault here, not us.

I totally agree that we should have had a right of appeal, we didnt and therfor to get justice we had to break our rules. I simply cannot believe that they have no means of getting back at us for breaking the rules. I respect your opinion which I usually find myself agreeing with as I had previously said, however, I still feel something is going tocome out of this.

No, the JPP states:

15.8.3.6 The Appellate Tribunal's Determination shall be final and binding

on the parties and there shall be no further right of appeal.

We could not have taken the case to CAS even if we had wanted to.

(Why did YOU not tell us earlier - we could have been more up in arms!! :sherlock: )

But, basically, Regan has rewritten the rules, made a hash of that, oversaw a Independent (!!) review that imposed illegal sanctions, moaned that we went to court of session BUT had not allowed us (or any club) to appeal to the CAS!!

Regan is proving what a 1st Class administrator idiot he is!

An excellent statement. It's been run past the solicitors (probably Richard Keen) and draws a line in the sand. If the SFA cross that line, then all hell breaks loose.

The Plan;

1. Get expelled from the SFA.

2. Apply to join the Conference League.

3. Rise to the EPL.

4. Win the CL.

Reading the last paragraph of the link you posted means we can only be expelled from the Scottish cup, but in another blog i read today it says we can't be because the tournament hasn't started yet.