Alex MacDonald JJB Tour

Faldy21

Met Doddie at JJB Ayr on Friday was an absolute gentleman. Signed my Barca 72 DVD sleeve and gave me 2 signed team prints. When I asked if he had been quite busy "Aye big man fucking mobbed" chatted for 10 minutes. True ambassador for the club

Met Doddie at JJB Ayr on Friday was an absolute gentleman. Signed my Barca 72 DVD sleeve and gave me 2 signed team prints. When I asked if he had been quite busy "Aye big man fucking mobbed" chatted for 10 minutes. True ambassador for the club

I tred to catch him when he was in JJB sports in Irvine mall last week.

JJB sports cunts woulnae let me in the shop though.

Said I was still barred for alleged shoplifting years ago.

Was never ever proven.

I was there as well. Really nice guy. I got 2 prints signed and a signed pic, also a photo taken with him. What time did you go to see him?

Was in about 3 ish was a couple of people chatting away to him. Got a pic with him as well. One of the nicest chaps I've met affiliated with The Rangers !

Was in about 3 ish was a couple of people chatting away to him. Got a pic with him as well. One of the nicest chaps I've met affiliated with The Rangers !

Ah right, I was in about 12.30, it wasnt mobbed or anything but there was a few folk in. He had a long day then. Was Broxi still there?

Ah right, I was in about 12.30, it wasnt mobbed or anything but there was a few folk in. He had a long day then. Was Broxi still there?

Ah cool I knocked off work early and went in on the bus. Broxi was still there mobbed by kids

Ah cool I knocked off work early and went in on the bus. Broxi was still there mobbed by kids

Quite right. Yeah there was a few kids when I was in, suppose it would have got busier when the school's came out :lol:

THE most underated player to ever pull on the light blue.

He cost 50 grand from St Johnstone and was one of the best midfielders

we have ever had.

I remember him saying that Jock wallace made him the player he became

'Big Jock was always telling me see when you make great pass wee man

stop standing back and admiring it get your arse up the pitch and get the 2nd ball.

My hero when I was a kid.

I imagined anyone who pulled on the blue jersey would be like him in terms of grit, determination & commitment to the cause.

Many disappointments along the way - but Doddie never let me down!

My hero when I was a kid.

I imagined anyone who pulled on the blue jersey would be like him in terms of grit, determination & commitment to the cause.

Many disappointments along the way - but Doddie never let me down!

I cant understand your comments pal.

After his comments last weekend about the EBTs, I think Billy has really let us down badly.

He thinks your talking bout Billy Dodds :lol:

Well who the fuck are u talking about?

Billy big ears opened his mouth last week and more or less backed up the two contracts arguement against us.

Wee four foot five jug eared bisum that he is.

I cant understand your comments pal.

After his comments last weekend about the EBTs, I think Billy has really let us down badly.

And sorry mate, I don't know any comments Alex MacDonald made last week about EBT's - I base my summation of my memories of him as a player (lucky enough to see him in the flesh a few times, rest on TV highlights or radio commentary) and he was an all action player who always seemed to give his all, with numerous important goals to his name as well.

In those terms, I don't recall many let downs af all - if some journo has 'thrown him a bone' & he's answered inappropriately, well that's unfortunate, but as it didn't 't affect him directly, I guess words may have been put in his mouth, if, given name on your post, we're actually talking about the name man?

He thinks your talking bout Billy Dodds :lol:

Haha!

Wish I'd got your post sooner - would've saved me an effin long post in defence of my man!

Anyway, happy to stick up for wee Doddie any day of the week.

See him bobbing around Ibrox on matchdays & still gives me goosebumps!

And sorry mate, I don't know any comments Alex MacDonald made last week about EBT's - I base my summation of my memories of him as a player (lucky enough to see him in the flesh a few times, rest on TV highlights or radio commentary) and he was an all action player who always seemed to give his all, with numerous important goals to his name as well.

In those terms, I don't recall many let downs af all - if some journo has 'thrown him a bone' & he's answered inappropriately, well that's unfortunate, but as it didn't 't affect him directly, I guess words may have been put in his mouth, if, given name on your post, we're actually talking about the name man?

What the hells Alex Macdonald got to do with this?

Have u been having a few shandys tonight?

What the hells Alex Macdonald got to do with this?

Have u been having a few shandys tonight?

I'm in the 'Alex MacDonald JJBTour' thread.

Hence my wee tribute to Alex MacDonald.

Whit kindae shandies've you bin oan?

Haha!

Wish I'd got your post sooner - would've saved me an effin long post in defence of my man!

Anyway, happy to stick up for wee Doddie any day of the week.

See him bobbing around Ibrox on matchdays & still gives me goosebumps!

One of a great many players i wish id been old enough to see play for us, sounds like a true gent as well.

One of a great many players i wish id been old enough to see play for us, sounds like a true gent as well.

My real name's Alex, so not a great leap to adopt his persona in boyhood games, as you do.

Goals v tarriers, general giving 100% every time you saw him, attitude overcoming any technical deficiencies - he wasn't hard to take to in my eyes.

In any sporting event I took part in, I always tried to be like that & had some success because of it.