West Ham want Naismith

tango

WEST HAM have joined the £2million race to sign Stevie Naismith

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce has started reshaping his squad for their return to the English Premier League.

And he’s determined to pip Everton and West Brom to the Scotland star.

We told last month how the Baggies had bids rejected by the administration-hit Ibrox side for Naisy who is nearing fitness again after snapping his cruciate in October.

Goodison gaffer David Moyes is also a huge admirer but Upton Park boss Big Sam could steal a march on their Premier League rivals by slapping in an offer that would trigger the 25-year-old’s £2m release clause.

That figure was inserted into Naismith’s deal when he and other top Gers earners took a 75 per cent cut to their wages in a bid to keep the ailing club going until the end of the season.

Salaries are due to return to normal when they are paid out later this month. Would-be owner Charles Green has claimed it would be his mission to renegotiate deals to keep his top stars.

But time is fast running out with creditors having two weeks to agree to a CVA with the 28-day cooling off period up on July 14.

Ironically, Naismith could team up with Norwich striker Grant Holt after the Hammers were linked with a £4m move at the weekend.

But both could have been team-mates at Ibrox if Ally McCoist’s cut-price January deadline day bid had been accepted.

Now the pair could be sharing a dressing room in East London if the Hammers can piece together a package to tempt Naismith away from Ibrox.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...#ixzz1wtGCIm2U

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This summer transfer window is going to be brutal. Even if Naisy and the rest want to stay the mhedia will be linking them with every club in England ala Jelavic in Jan. :anguish:

Normally this period in the inky trade is known as "the silly season" - that time when they've no football to write about and so they make up all sorts of fictional shit (even more fictional than the stuff they usually write) to fill their gutter rags.

Sadly, for us, this year it will be known as "the reality season" when the reality of where we are, financially, will hit home.

I expect more of this in the weeks to come. :(

Normally this period in the inky trade is known as "the silly season" - that time when they've no football to write about and so they make up all sorts of fictional shit (even more fictional than the stuff they usually write) to fill their gutter rags.

Sadly, for us, this year it will be known as "the reality season" when the reality of where we are, financially, will hit home.

Transfer windows have been something i have not looked forward to in recent years but this one may be the worst yet. Lets just hope our Rangers men in the squad show how much they want to stay, though im worried they might not have that much choice in some casesn

I'm not trying to get away from the fact that many clubs will want our players, this one looks like it has very little substance. Not one quote, and it's from The Sun? I'll believe it when I see it...

I think the 'Reality' is we may have struggled to keep Naismith even without a cut price fee - oh and if we do get more than one bidder that fee is only a 'minimum' not a maximum - OH and Naismith will have to agree to go - and he is one that MIGHT just stay - wages could tempt him though.

BUT it might be about the time to get the Rumour Transfer Forum up and running!

I think Naismith will (hopefully) reject any offers, he's a true bear as he proved last time when he signed his extension telling his agent he wasnt interested in a move and hopefully hes of the same mind still.

It's easy to say you're not interested when there's no bid involved, stick £40k a week under his nose and he'll be off. Who could blame him really? He's better than West Ham though.

Stevie Naismith will be the interesting one this summer.

Like it or loathe it he and shagger are our two biggest cut price bargains to other teams from this whole sorry mess.

Only thing in our favour is the nature of the injury he's almost recovered from which may potentially put a few off until January. But Naismith alot better than likes of West Ham.

Hopefully it will be a case though if both having their heart rule their head (or even being a big fish in small pond celebrity status) as there noway the money on offer from the EPL or even the challenge as a player wont be extremely tempting. After all who here amongst us wouldn't be tempted to move from our current employers if had chance to quadruple your salary.

the sooner this transfer window closes the better.

I think the 'Reality' is we may have struggled to keep Naismith even without a cut price fee - oh and if we do get more than one bidder that fee is only a 'minimum' not a maximum - OH and Naismith will have to agree to go - and he is one that MIGHT just stay - wages could tempt him though.

BUT it might be about the time to get the Rumour Transfer Forum up and running!

Not quite correct.

When a player has a minimum release clause of say £2m, then another club has to only stump up this value and then the holding club cannot stop the team discussing terms with the player.

If 5 teams were interested, they would all offer £2m and all be allowed to discuss personal terms with the player. ANy more money they wanted to add would be directed at the player, not the selling club.

Not quite correct.

When a player has a minimum release clause of say £2m, then another club has to only stump up this value and then the holding club cannot stop the team discussing terms with the player.

If 5 teams were interested, they would all offer £2m and all be allowed to discuss personal terms with the player. ANy more money they wanted to add would be directed at the player, not the selling club.

MMMmmmm - sounds correct (but wrong - in the sense the club lose out - guess it all comes down to the wording )

Ironically, Naismith could team up with Norwich striker Grant Holt after the Hammers were linked with a £4m move at the weekend.

What in the world is ironic about Naismith playing in the same team as Grant Holt? Terribly written news article.

Playing for WBA or the Hammers is a step down from Rangers, Naismith is better than that, Everton is an interesting move they are at his level.

I think he might stay, just can't see him leaving to be honest.

We've always allowed players to leave as soon as the 1st bid comes in. That scunners me more than anything. I wouldnt fault any player that leaves this summer. They all did theyre bit for the cause!! Some I wouldnt b bothered if they go,others i'd be gutted if they go, but in a 2nd rate league where we've shafted by owners and not run properly, I mean fkin tennants as sponsors???? Outside of scotland no ones heard of it!!! Fkin bain,another who jumped on for easy money

In what possible way is Grant Holt worth double the amount of money as Steven Naismith.

That 2m is a clause in the contract for him taking a wage-cut. Holt is worth more than 4m IMO.

That 2m is a clause in the contract for him taking a wage-cut. Holt is worth more than 4m IMO.

If Holt played in any other league in the world he would be valued at half the 4 million or less considering his age.

The release clauses are the only thing that makes Naismith rated at only 2 million wonder what it would be without them.