RFFF statement

The Rangers Fans Fighting Fund issued the following statement

following their meeting with Charles Green today.

A RFFF spokesman:" we had a constructive meeting today. Mr Green is

fully aware of the issues we are concerned with but we made good

progress in discussions today.

"The main thing is getting the CVA approved. Once that happens fans

will see that as a major milestone.

"There will be other milestones and if they are passed succesfully it

will be beneficial for the Club and the fans."

The Rangers Fans Fighting Fund issued the following statement

following their meeting with Charles Green today.

A RFFF spokesman:" we had a constructive meeting today. Mr Green is

fully aware of the issues we are concerned with but we made good

progress in discussions today.

"The main thing is getting the CVA approved. Once that happens fans

will see that as a major milestone.

"There will be other milestones and if they are passed succesfully it

will be beneficial for the Club and the fans."

On reading the above , my first thought is why the hell do they not tell us exactly what went on..if that had been shop stewards coming back after a meeting with management and came out with drivel like that.......they would be shouted down and hounded out.

What right have the the RFFF got to withhold info and I do not buy this it's confidential. A bloody disgraceful statement to make.

On reading the above , my first thought is why the hell do they not tell us exactly what went on..if that had been shop stewards coming back after a meeting with management and came out with drivel like that.......they would be shouted down and hounded out.

What right have the the RFFF got to withhold info and I do not buy this it's confidential. A bloody disgraceful statement to make.

This.

I think there's only so much that can be released in the public domain to be honest,I know it's hypocritical to ask for season ticket money whilst still keeping fans in the dark but if I was in Green's position with everything that's going on with HMRC and the SFA I'd be keeping tight lipped.

I'm a nosey bastard btw so would love to know more but I don't see it happening and understand why.

Firstly, I wasn't there and am not on the committee of the RFFF so I can't answer everything.

I have had a chat with one of the guys there and the meeting lasted 3 hours and went into quite some detail, especially on funding/funders. Some proof was shown to the RFFF.

It is fair to say that they didn't hold back on the questions and Green answered everything he was asked about. Obviously the stuff about investors etc has to remain in-house until after the CVA.

The reason for the short, bland statement is that it is quite clear that the one item of major importance on the agenda is the CVA and Green is confident of success for this. Nothing guaranteed yet but looking good. Everything else can change depending on the outcome of the CVA, so more info and more meetings to come out after CVA outcome is known.

I would say from what I heard that the RFFF is more content with Green and his plans after the meeting than they were before it, and that should give us all some comfort for now.

I think there's only so much that can be released in the public domain to be honest,I know it's hypocritical to ask for season ticket money whilst still keeping fans in the dark but if I was in Green's position with everything that's going on with HMRC and the SFA I'd be keeping tight lipped.

I'm a nosey bastard btw so would love to know more but I don't see it happening and understand why.

Agree with what you say bud....that's why I said this meeting was not needed or required.

Firstly, I wasn't there and am not on the committee of the RFFF so I can't answer everything.

I have had a chat with one of the guys there and the meeting lasted 3 hours and went into quite some detail, especially on funding/funders. Some proof was shown to the RFFF.

It is fair to say that they didn't hold back on the questions and Green answered everything he was asked about. Obviously the stuff about investors etc has to remain in-house until after the CVA.

The reason for the short, bland statement is that it is quite clear that the one item of major importance on the agenda is the CVA and Green is confident of success for this. Nothing guaranteed yet but looking good. Everything else can change depending on the outcome of the CVA, so more info and more meetings to come out after CVA outcome is known.

I would say from what I heard that the RFFF is more content with Green and his plans after the meeting than they were before it, and that should give us all some comfort for now.

Thanks for that mate, its a pity the RFFF could not have put it like that instead of their pish few words

The two bits that stand out.

The first I agree with and the second reassures me a bit.

Many thanks TB for that extra info, it is much appreciated. I have not been one of the Green doubters, but very glad the meeting went well. (tu)

The OP post -- while I thank him/her for posting -- is pretty weak imho.

Edit: I may add... I believe in Green. Not sure what he OP i saying? Is it positive/negative/neither? We cannot believe anything at this point in time. Our future rests with the acceptance of the CVA. Out of our control imho.