HMRC arrange for liquidators at Rangers if administrators fail to save club

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way King asks fans not to buy season tickets as if he is even remotely involved in what normal fans do.

When is the last time King did anything for Rangers? He pumped £20M into Murray's company that owned Rangers in the 90's and has seen his "investment" crash and burn.

An investment is a bit of a punt in anything. In a football club, it is even more unlikely to be a long-term winner.

Us normal fans "invest" in the club through buying tickets, merchandise etc every single season and get nothing tangible back for it. We dont ask for anything back but the hope that our team can do well. I doubt King has, "investment" aside, put one penny into the club by way of ticket, merchandise, RFFF, Rangers lotto etc. But he wants to tell us who go every week not to buy a ticket because Murray duped him and Whyte told him he had a deal for first refusal on his shares.

Away and take a flying one to yourself Mr King if that is going to be your attitude.

I am led to believe that highlighted threat/option may be one that the attendees at yesterday's meeting may advise "the fans" to implement, nothing like handing the rope to the hangman.

I have just received my copy of the formal result of the creditors meeting by email from the club, which is in esswence where the media is getting their HMRC to appoint BDL to liquidate the club quotes.

I am much more confortable with the situation now that I have read the proper document, unedited. This is all standard procedural stuff after the appointment of D&P and their original creditor report which was released in April.

This is the result of the creditors replies and is absolutely 100% normal.

There is no change whatsoever in the plans for a CVA to be completed by next week, no story in this whatsoever.

Of course, with some good news coming out of the club in the last 24 hours or so, the media are really scraping the bottom of the barrell to convince themselves it is still going to end in tears for The Rangers, and as usual are making big stories out of absolutely nothing in a bid to cheer themsleves up.

I really cant wait for the CVA to be agreed, the sale of the club to go through, the club to exit administration and play in the SPL next season on a level points start. What will they say about us then?

Well, a liquidator will be appointed at some point in the future if a CVA is not agreed. If there's an assets deal then the company will be liquidated shortly afterwards and HMRC will want control of that process. Strictly speaking, they won't know how Ticketus plan to vote on the CVA.

In my view they're just safe-guarding their position - as is prudent in this scenario. I wouldn't look at it as a sign that they're going to reject the CVA. Even if they do, the assets will presumably be sold to Green.

I think that the likelyhood is that this is the case as well, to be honest, I don't see what they have to gain by refusing, unless they thing that they would get the assests and would make more money that way.

But its all guesswork on my behalf as my knowledge of this kind of thing is pratically non existant.

Not looking good at all!

Brace yourselves for a newco :(

Dave King has let me down here, chasing the Club for £20m. Am I right in saying that if he does chase "the club" for £20m, and we are newco'd.. will his claim not be null and void?

This whole thing is beginning to stink again. Why any of us would risk not paying for season tickets is beyond me, 'let's all just not give the Club money and watch it suffer again and again' rolleyes.gif

King really needs to explain more his intentions behind these ideas.

I have just received my copy of the formal result of the creditors meeting by email from the club, which is in esswence where the media is getting their HMRC to appoint BDL to liquidate the club quotes.

I am much more confortable with the situation now that I have read the proper document, unedited. This is all standard procedural stuff after the appointment of D&P and their original creditor report which was released in April.

This is the result of the creditors replies and is absolutely 100% normal.

There is no change whatsoever in the plans for a CVA to be completed by next week, no story in this whatsoever.

Of course, with some good news coming out of the club in the last 24 hours or so, the media are really scraping the bottom of the barrell to convince themselves it is still going to end in tears for The Rangers, and as usual are making big stories out of absolutely nothing in a bid to cheer themsleves up.

I really cant wait for the CVA to be agreed, the sale of the club to go through, the club to exit administration and play in the SPL next season on a level points start. What will they say about us then?

Your views are bringing a smile to my face. Nice to hear someone in the know being positive and shooting down all this shit that is still getting flung about.

So Dave King wants the money he invested in Rangers to come from the club despite it being Murray who made him promises but we have to oppose Green and his CVA? Right yae are Davie rolleyes.gif

Spot on bud.....the very same dave king who said well over a month ago that he was taking murray to court for his £2om, now at this late stage he turns round and states he will seek the money from the club.

You are really coming out of your hole now davey boy you piece of keech.

I love the way King asks fans not to buy season tickets as if he is even remotely involved in what normal fans do.

When is the last time King did anything for Rangers? He pumped £20M into Murray's company that owned Rangers in the 90's and has seen his "investment" crash and burn.

An investment is a bit of a punt in anything. In a football club, it is even more unlikely to be a long-term winner.

Us normal fans "invest" in the club through buying tickets, merchandise etc every single season and get nothing tangible back for it. We dont ask for anything back but the hope that our team can do well. I doubt King has, "investment" aside, put one penny into the club by way of ticket, merchandise, RFFF, Rangers lotto etc. But he wants to tell us who go every week not to buy a ticket because Murray duped him and Whyte told him he had a deal for first refusal on his shares.

Away and take a flying one to yourself Mr King if that is going to be your attitude.

I agree with most of what you said but the fans invest in a season ticket and or merchandise and they do get something tangible in return...a season ticket and or merchandise. Fans are not investors we are customers I'm afraid.

dave kink is right about one thing.no fans should renew season tickets till there is full disclosure of investors and future structures and plans.i've been a season ticket holder for 40 years but i'm not giving my money to anyone who is not divulging their forward strategy for our club.

But I want to rename the training ground.

King did put £20 million into Rangers..........that's more than anyone else I know of

King never put any money into The Rangers, his (?) money was put into Murray Sports.

Dave King: The man giving "advice" is also the same man who owes the South African government about £200 million.

Take a hint , Dave. Say something constructive or don't bother saying anything at all.

has that tax case been confirmed......or is it still in the appeal process