The further thoughts of Charlie.

ray

Prospective Rangers owner Charles Green admitted he could not rule out accepting the Scottish FA’s player signing ban.

The man leading the Sevco consortium rejected accusations that he was using season ticket money to fund his buyout of the Ibrox club.

Mr Green also claimed that the majority of the £8.5m loan his group has put forward to buy the club is in the hands of administrators Duff and Phelps, while he stated he would reveal his financial backers if a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) was agreed next week.

On Friday, Mr Green told STV News his bid for the club would not be affected should the SFA hit the club with a ban from the Scottish Cup. This is despite CVA proposals published last week stating his offer was conditional on the club remaining in all competitions they are currently in.

He said that possible suspension or expulsion from the game would be an "extreme" punishment. When asked if he could rule out accepting the registration embargo that the club successfully appealed at the Court of Session, Mr Green responded: "I can’t comment until I’ve had the final comments back from my legal team."

The club's lawyers had argued in Edinburgh last week that the punishment was not legitimate as it was not specified in the football body's rules and regulations. Lord Glennie sided with the Ibrox club and ordered the matter back to the SFA's appeals body that previously rejected an attempt to overturn it.

Mr Green added: "What we’ve said under Lord Glennie’s decision is both parties have 21 days to appeal it and we through our legal team, and the fighting fund, are reviewing those notes carefully and we’ve conveyed that message to the SFA.

"What we’ve also said from my consortium’s point of view is that we never want to do something that would damage Scottish football. Even though the problems that brought about whatever the censure is, is down to people in the past, nothing to do with members of staff currently or the investors currently. We’re going to have to suffer some pain and we acknowledge that’s right.

"Whatever the degree and the other issues surrounding it are another discussion. Possibly being thrown out of the league or suspended in my view is extreme and the damage it would inflict on Scottish football, because clearly there would be no Sky contract, no premier league, no Old Firm derbies, would be an incredibly bad thing."

Offer

In response to a question about being kicked out of Scottish Cup, Mr Green said his offer "absolutely would" still stand should the football authority’s appellate body decide on that punishment. This is despite the CVA proposals sent out to creditors last week stating that the deal was conditional on the team being allowed to continue competing as it currently is.

Mr Green continued: "We recognise that this club, rightly or wrongly, has to take some punishment. My upbringing in life was if you did something wrong your backside was smacked, that’s not allowed now because of political correctness – I think it should be. We have to stand up and be counted. We have to take the punishment and we have to move forward."

Mr Green has so far refused to name the full team involved in his consortium, or where the money raised for the takeover has come from. He said that should the CVA be voted through next Thursday, he would be happy to name those involved in Sevco.

Season ticket renewals were sent out to fans on Friday, Mr Green said, and claimed that the money from them would be placed in a "secure" bank account that would not be accessed by Rangers until the club were out of administration.

This came after accusations from Rangers director Dave King who also called on fans to reject the CVA proposals at the Ibrox meeting next Thursday.

He said: "The season tickets haven’t even gone on sale, although I understand renewal letters have gone out this afternoon to fans. But to suggest that we’re using that money to buy the club is preposterous.

"It shows a lack of understanding that Mr King has in this transaction. His other comments recommending that creditors and shareholders should vote against a CVA beggars belief for someone who is a Rangers fan. What he’s suggesting, rather than get a CVA through that retains all the history and tradition, we should go down the newco route. I mean why would a true fan suggest that?"

Funding pledges

The former Sheffield United chief executive claimed that there were no issues surrounding the raising of funds for the Sevco bid, while he also stated that it was working towards raising a total of £30m it had pledged to put into the club.

He added: "I’m from Yorkshire, I will never, ever, have enough money. I’ve never been to a church where there wasn’t a collection and this is now my church and if anyone comes here, they have to pay.

"Either pay as a fan to watch the game or pay as an investor to be part of the shareholder register. So I’m always going to have money and if I told Ally McCoist tomorrow we’ve got £50m but I could raise £100m, he’d tell me to go and raise £100m so he could go and buy Ronaldo." He also admitted some investors in the consortium would "prefer one option or another" when it comes to the newco or CVA routes out of administration.

Earlier this week the businessman, who recently stepped down as a director of Signapore-based coal technology investment firm Nova Resources, unveiled proposals to ask season ticket holders to vote on renaming Murray Park after either player Davie Cooper or Moses McNeil, one of the club's founding fathers.

On Friday, Mr Green said: "Being completely honest I had never heard of either of the two names put to me, but no-one had heard of my name until a few weeks ago. What I thought was fair to do was put that message forward and we’re saying to fans when they’re renewing their season tickets ‘Do you think it should be called Davie Cooper or do you think it should be called Moses?’

"Where we’re trying to take the club is forward, let’s draw a line, forget the past, forget the divisions, forget the bigotry and lets take Rangers back to being a super team."

He also claimed the move to rename Murray Park was not an attempt to "divert" the attention of fans away from the many issues at the crisis-hit club.

He was in football years ago and hasn't heard of Davie Cooper?

I find that both odd and disappointing.

When people like this talk about him in this way then I don't think it matters what a businessman knows or doesn't know, lets hope hes as good at restoring RFC to greatness in the same way Davie Cooper was to football and RFC.

Are we to know who the signatories are for the release of escrow, is it the minimum of two signatories or is it multiple signatories, where do we the fans fit in, the transaction for season tickets is between fans and club it is fans funds that would be held in escrow, where exactly does charlie fit in to the escrow situation apart from receiving the capital held in any escrow account.

We need a lot more clarity as to the structure of said account, its beneficiaries and all signatories involved.

Who does this guy think he is doing things by the book, seriously disappointed in thr point this man sounding legit

Some people thought whitey was legit and the second coming, wonder where he is.

Some people thought whitey was legit and the second coming, wonder where he is.

Green is clean imo, I'm wary but optimistic as I believe if thr was dirt on the guy it would be well out in the open thanks to our journalistic bordering loonacy type press up here.

We can learn from the whytegate scandal but that doesn't mean we should go out of our way as fans and make obstacles for these prospective buyers in hope they trip up, cva or newco, I'll accept either knowing at least one man, Mr green Is a man of actions and has at least tried his hardest. I wish i could say that exact same thing about others who talk a great game of loyalty and thr love for this great club yet fail in doing so.

Green is clean imo, I'm wary but optimistic as I believe if thr was dirt on the guy it would be well out in the open thanks to our journalistic bordering loonacy type press up here.

We can learn from the whytegate scandal but that doesn't mean we should go out of our way as fans and make obstacles for these prospective buyers in hope they trip up, cva or newco, I'll accept either knowing at least one man, Mr green Is a man of actions and has at least tried his hardest. I wish u could say that exact same thing about others who talk a great game of loyalty and thr love for this great club yet fail in doing so.

Green at the end of the day appears to be our only possible saviour for whatever reasons and for that we should be grateful, for without him there appears to be no one with a serious interest in taking us on.

My problem is whytey, I have the distinct impression he is far from gone, hope I am very wrong but people like whytey are unfortunately for us very good at what they do and seemingly quite legally, obtain goods and companies for nothing or way below value, must be a sore one for ticketless.

Green at the end of the day appears to be our only possible saviour for whatever reasons and for that we should be grateful, for without him there appears to be no one with a serious interest in taking us on.

My problem is whytey, I have the distinct impression he is far from gone, hope I am very wrong but people like whytey are unfortunately for us very good at what they do and seemingly quite legally, obtain goods and companies for nothing or way below value, must be a sore one for ticketless.

If it's a newco I'm sure green will be a side issue anyway. it will be d&p that bear the brunt for not giving the blue knights the ok, yet the bk are more the culpable party.

He was in football years ago and hasn't heard of Davie Cooper?

I find that both odd and disappointing.

Ive actually had conversations with lots of guys in here in england who never knew wilkins or butcher played for us!!! Also alot dont know of cooper. Shame really

If it's a newco I'm sure green will be a side issue anyway. it will be d&p that bear the brunt for not giving the blue knights the ok, yet the bk are more the culpable party.

tbk's have had every opportunity, I don't see them as any more than hovering about the fringes hoping a CVA fails and they could maybe also get the club for next to nothing, of course if whytey lets anyone get anything unless it is agreeable to him or his pocket.

When did we go into receivership ? A receiver is appointed by a floating charge holder.

"On the basis the receiver is already holding cash, I struggle to see how I can use season ticket money to buy the club," Green said. "We have documented the fact we are going to raise another £20-30m. There is a 28-day cooling period, should the CVA go ahead. Until that ends, any monies that come into the club are held in a secure account and I have no access.

When people like this talk about him in this way then I don't think it matters what a businessman knows or doesn't know, lets hope hes as good at restoring RFC to greatness in the same way Davie Cooper was to football and RFC.

Brilliant have a rep.

Are we to know who the signatories are for the release of escrow, is it the minimum of two signatories or is it multiple signatories, where do we the fans fit in, the transaction for season tickets is between fans and club it is fans funds that would be held in escrow, where exactly does charlie fit in to the escrow situation apart from receiving the capital held in any escrow account.

We need a lot more clarity as to the structure of said account, its beneficiaries and all signatories involved.

The money will be in this account until we come out of administration. 12th July at the earliest.

Would you be happier if our ST money was lodged with RangersUnite?

The money will be in this account until we come out of administration. 12th July at the earliest.

Would you be happier if our ST money was lodged with RangersUnite?

And that is your answer to clarity. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that is your answer to clarity. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye. Know what you mean. But at least they are a group of concerned Rangers Fans. Have you been on the site recently? Information there you may find interesting.