Coisty’s praise as Gattuso eyes deal

And you don't think a man with Gattuso experience and skill deserves to be a higher earner?

All depends on the circumstances. As I mentioned earlier. If were selling Edu and Davis, then yes. Gattuso experience playing with the likes of Ness and McCabe will be invaluable.

But if it's a case of Gattuso coming in to play with Edu and Davis, and the likes of McCabe and Ness watching from the bench and further stalling their development. Then personally it's not a good deal.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a few will move on hence why he would be affordable,I said in another thread he would be our Davie Weir figure,all going well.

The experience he could pass on to the players you mentioned is priceless.

You can only pass on so much, the likes of McCabe and Ness are at a stage of their development that they need games.

David Weir was a great servant. But even he stayed on too long.

All depends on the circumstances. As I mentioned earlier. If were selling Edu and Davis, then yes. Gattuso experience playing with the likes of Ness and McCabe will be invaluable.

But if it's a case of Gattuso coming in to play with Edu and Davis, and the likes of McCabe and Ness watching from the bench and further stalling their development. Then personally it's not a good deal.

I agree with that mate, spot on. I think both Mo and Davo will go. Edu with a year left on his contract i am sure and Davis on a wage we cannot afford. (tu)

Possibly, but that is not the debate. The debate is whether we can afford to pay a player that wage and i personally think it is a stupid question, no offense. (tu)

It's not all about if we can afford him, cause circumstance come into play. Is he worth the £12k a week as our current squad stands. It's debatable.

Personally I feel it a debate worth debating about. As we will be cutting back as soon as Charles Green completes his takeover bid. Tough decisions will be made.

We can agree to disagree, that's no problem. (tu)

Whittaker must go that would free up Double Gattusps salary let me see Gattuso or Whittaker.

No contest .

Then get the boy Mcmillan in at RB.

McMillan signed for Dunfermline. I can't see John Yorkston being too keen on selling him back to us...

Still a good signing IMO.

We will most likely lose Davis and maybe even Edu, leaving us with Ness, McCabe, Fleck, Hutton, Gattuso in with them would be invaluable.

Run properly we can still afford a couple of players at a decent wage and most at medium to low. £12k a week is medium. Our problem is spending millions on average players and giving them millions in wages, and spending more millions on deadwood.

But £12,000 a week is a big ask for us. Personally I feel it's too much. We must not start to live without our means again. Regardless of who it is.

Eh?

He'd be one of the lowest paid first team players at the club at that price.

Honestly, even if our budget was slashed by 50% i'd still expect us to be able to fork out £12k a week for a first team player, especially a marquee season ticket and shirt seller like Rino.

We have to slash our wage budget, not add to it. Is giving a 34 year old a £12,000 a week contract (basic) acting in good financial sense. Especially when we have no European income to back it up?

If were getting rid of some of our high earners like McGregor, Whittaker, Davis. I'd rather look towards reinvesting it into younger players with some sell on potential. Not over spend on wages for the sake of bringing Gattuso back.

I don't want Rangers to keep on living outwith there means but even for 12,000 a week its a bargain. Experience for younger players and a icon which would attract people worldwide.

Whenever I see old film of Roberto Duran, Gattuso looks like him! I wouldn't welcome his signing; this club should never be the Eastbourne of football for retired footballers to live out their last years.

Have to agree with the above..................a lot of people seem to be thinking of him as he used to be,the money could be used elsewhere within the team...........we have another year to bed in the likes of McCabe and that would stand him well for the following year and the CL.

Have to agree with the above..................a lot of people seem to be thinking of him as he used to be,the money could be used elsewhere within the team...........we have another year to bed in the likes of McCabe and that would stand him well for the following year and the CL.

McCabe is a very good player in the making ED. It said a lot that Celtic had to play him out of the game in that game they beat us.