Coisty’s praise as Gattuso eyes deal

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

McCabe is a very good player in the making ED. It said a lot that Celtic had to play him out of the game in that game they beat us.

True and that is why another full season in the first team as regular pick(as long as he plays well) should give him more experience to combat a team trying to play him out the game............also if a team is concentrating on one player that (one would imagine) would open up space for a team mate to step up and play.

True and that is why another full season in the first team as regular pick(as long as he plays well) should give him more experience to combat a team trying to play him out the game............also if a team is concentrating on one player that (one would imagine) would open up space for a team mate to step up and play.

That is my thoughts. I think he will be wiser the next time they or any other side try it.

Erm why not sign Black and Gattuso, I have a funny feeling Davis and Edu could be for the off.

Said the exact same last night. I am sure Edus contract is up in a year or two and i don't think we could afford to increase it to what he will want and Davis is just beign paid far too much, we really cannot afford him i don't think.

This would be one of our biggest transfers in years. A main part of teams that have won Serie A twice, the Champions League twice and the World Cup. It's not as if he was a bench player who hardly played, he was one of the main players.

Eceryone is saying at £12k a week it's not too much but we have still to slash our wage bill and we leaking £10 million a season with no Euro football based on what we have just now iirc. If the CVA is agreed then I would bet a good few players will have to be moved on if they are not willing to accept major contract reductions.

£12k a week for a 34 year old (who I love) while we are looking to get the club back on track from what was our darkest days in 140 years does not make much sense to me, we need to stabalise the club in terms of players and finance. Rino has not played very much at all and has had eye problems that had him close to retiring so it's not a deal I'd expect to happen.

Green does not seem to me as someone who would sanction this as he keeps going on about stability and living within our means.

I still think it's worth it. Yes, we need to make cut-backs, but (much like teams in leagues with wage caps) we should always have a marquee player - if only for the young bears who'll idolise him. We can't afford to have a whole team of world-renowned players, but a single one of them might inspire a four-five year old to support us for life.

Gattuso eyes a new deal...

Regardless 12k a week for one year is not that bad, he will be one of our biggest earners, but it's half what Whit is on, and Gattuso is much better. This will bring publicity, this will bring a great story and Rino will bring experience, he'll be the captain without the armband, we need some good players, we may yet lose our best and it'll be tough to bring in anyone new without money or CL.

I can see pro's and cons about us resigning Gattuso. But £12,000 a week is a big ask for us. Personally I feel it's too much. We must not start to live without our means again. Regardless of who it is.

No player is bigger than the club, afterall.

12 grand a week is well within Rangers means.

It seems like a big wage for a 34yr old but this isnt any 34yr old, this is World Cup winning, Champions League winning X2 Rino Gattuso who also happens to be willing to break through walls (and tims) to play for Rangers. For me its a no brainer. Soon as we are able we should get him signed.

We have in the past and will again in the future brought in players for £12000/week who have turned out to be only after the wages. This guy could get a lot more money from teams of greater statue of us (particularly in our current state), but he wants to play for us!

As said before this is a no brainer! Get him signed asap.

It seems like a big wage for a 34yr old but this isnt any 34yr old, this is World Cup winning, Champions League winning X2 Rino Gattuso who also happens to be willing to break through walls (and tims) to play for Rangers. For me its a no brainer. Soon as we are able we should get him signed.

Whilst all the above is true - we have to remember we are a Club currently in Administration for our previous years of financial mis-management, plus we don't even know what impact the following days/weeks will have on our future.

I'd be wary of bringing in a 34 year old, who's hardly played over the last year due to injury - especially for £12k per week and no resale value. This just doesn't fit in with what we are hearing about living within our means and nurturing youth.

I'm taking nothing away from Rino's past achievements, however it's his future capabilities that concern me.

Whilst all the above is true - we have to remember we are a Club currently in Administration for our previous years of financial mis-management, plus we don't even know what impact the following days/weeks will have on our future.

I'd be wary of bringing in a 34 year old, who's hardly played over the last year due to injury - especially for £12k per week and no resale value. This just doesn't fit in with what we are hearing about living within our means and nurturing youth.

I'm taking nothing away from Rino's past achievements, however it's his future capabilities that concern me.

I totaly understand your point and its a very sentimental thing also to remember Rino as he was at Rangers and the way Advocaat pushed him out. But for me the positives outway the negatives. Its not often we get a player of Gattuso's calabur wanting despretly to join us and the feelgood factor and experience he will bring to the team will be huge.

this is why im glad some Rangers fans would never manage us.

Spot on.

Nacho was well past it when he left us. So slow and predicatable. was always cutting inside players and easy to play against. Seems to all be young Rangers fans that think Novo is some kind of God. Feel sorry for them cos they don't understand what the word 'legend' actually means. Everyone's a ledge to them.

Spot on.

Nacho was well past it when he left us. So slow and predicatable. was always cutting inside players and easy to play against. Seems to all be young Rangers fans that think Novo is some kind of God. Feel sorry for them cos they don't understand what the word 'legend' actually means. Everyone's a ledge to them.

Very much like Barry Ferguson. (tu)