The tale of two tweets....

D'Artagnan

Thanks Adam - sorted.

thanks!

so one celtic fans chief if givin a slap on he wrist for insinuating that hundreds/thousands of protestants should have died. at the same time a student who is re-enacting something which actually happened with no direct hate message is thrown in a cell. disgusting if you ask me :angry:

The guy wants to get himself a decent brief and fight this tooth and nail.

Unless there is more to this than meets the eye from the article I'd love to hear the prosecutions view of what law he has actually broken.

FFS I've seen people turn up at fancy dress gigs as Hitler, haven't seen any of them in court.

The guy wants to get himself a decent brief and fight this tooth and nail.

Unless there is more to this than meets the eye from the article I'd love to hear the prosecutions view of what law he has actually broken.

FFS I've seen people turn up at fancy dress gigs as Hitler, haven't seen any of them in court.

It was dropped.

I've turned up at fancy dress do's as Hitler. Only trouble I got was from my boss (a tim) who made a joke about me representing Rangers. Wasn't so funny when he was reported to his superior.

It's pretty ridiculous. I remember this story at the time along with the John Wilson thing and I asked on Facebook how these incidents were sectarian. The best they could come up with is "of course it's sectarian" or "You're all sad for debating this", which of course is tim speak for "You're right, we're wrong but we can't accept that".

It's fucking scary how the two situations were handled in comparison to one another.

I don't imagine there are many of us willing to test the police and fiscal on this one by simply repeating O'Rourke's tweet with the religions reversed. Why not? Because we know for a fact we'd end up in court with a conviction. In fairness to the fiscal it would appear the police gave a warning and left it at that without submitting a report to the fiscal which is frankly ridiculous. It should not be the decision of the police whether to prosecute or not, they have no expertise in the matter.

The postman outfit is just a bit of satirical, bad taste humour, at a fancy dress party. Thousands of people do it every year, and I know I've dressed up as some pretty taboo things when I've attended fancy dress parties.

It's actually a joke the kid was arrested for that, and I don't care who he supports. By the sounds of it, it's just banter between mates. Much like the Celtic fans carrying the Rangers coffin, or the like. Anyone who is actually offended by it, needs to get a grip.

thats the worst part mate, the person that reported it will not have ACTUALLY been offended by it, just point scoring bullshit.

This countries legal system is a fucking farce.

thats the worst part mate, the person that reported it will not have ACTUALLY been offended by it, just point scoring bullshit.

This countries legal system is a fucking farce.

Yes gogzy...shades of..... I will complain about Donald Findlay's after dinner jokes even though I wasnt there.

Offended by proxy...you really couldnt make it up.

I don't imagine there are many of us willing to test the police and fiscal on this one by simply repeating O'Rourke's tweet with the religions reversed. Why not? Because we know for a fact we'd end up in court with a conviction. In fairness to the fiscal it would appear the police gave a warning and left it at that without submitting a report to the fiscal which is frankly ridiculous. It should not be the decision of the police whether to prosecute or not, they have no expertise in the matter.

Spot on.