Gers could sign new players before exiting Administration

North Rd

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, let me just check i've got this right.

We can sign players to replace players who are leaving at the end of their contracts.

Could that not be the majority of our players due to the restructuring of their contracts as part of the pay reduction?

This worries me a wee bit. We need to try and keep a hold of the Naismith and Aluko's, would rather have them than unknown new signings.

I'd bite the hand off that offers us £10m to stick a sign up at Ibrox. It would help us enormously in getting out of this.

It'll always be Ibrox to us anyway, so if someone is daft enough to give us £10m for old rope we should go for it.

It could be called the El Ally Stadium.

As long as it's not called The Virgin stadium :anguish:

What makes Rangers FC, the worlds most successful club and the countries biggest and most famous club, a good brand? Are you for real? I know all about the media and their agenda, thankfully they are not doing our sales pitch to potential investors! (tu)

I am for real, the media arent doing so bad with controlling perception of our image and plight currently. Or do sponsors not react to the press?

Just because fans wish for something doesnt make it a reality.

Wonder who the 19 players are?

5 at the Euro's too, wonder if any of them will be playing in the match about to start :drool:

Obviously not but I wonder who it could be they've had a look at.. maybe some Irish/Czechs/Poles? There are 3 free agents in the Irish squad, one of them recently released by them :anguish::drugang:

what about this- Green also referred to a £10m stadium-naming deal with "an airline investor or alternative".

"I've been speaking to a number of people, some of whom are connected to our investors, some not," he added.

"I've said all along, stadium-naming is an emotive issue, but whatever we do it would always be Ibrox Stadium."

I'm sure it's been mentioned that some of Green's 'potential' investors are from Singapore - perhaps a tie in to Singapore Airlines.

I am for real, the media arent doing so bad with controlling perception of our image and plight currently. Or do sponsors not react to the press?

Just because fans wish for something doesnt make it a reality.

They would be foolish to. Facts are always better than fiction. (tu)

What does it matter what they cost? Does the fee dictate how good a player is? <cr>

No, but i meant is the rule something like to replace a released player the replacement could only be a free transfer. A like for like swap if you will.

I'm worried that when the cva gets accepted on thus then all these addional income streams are made public as are transfer targets which then pisses off hmrc who then do a turn around during the cooling off period. I think there will be no issues with ticketus. A bit off topic there but i agree with a stadium sponsor for some cash