Nacho or Gattuso?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None.

If we want to be great again, we need to look forward. Not back.

Mhiller, Boyd, Novo, Gattuso, Cuellar. Did their bit, but gone.

Onwards and upwards.

Get off your high horse auldyin!

Arguably our midfield next Season will be made up of McCabe, Ness, Hutton & Fleck with the likes of Barrie McKay, Lewis MacLeod, Andrew Mitchell & Robbie Crawford all featuring.

If, and this is a big if, Rino is happy to take on a wage that the Club can afford I don't see the problem. The lift he would give the whole Club would be fantastic, let alone the expierence he would bring to all these young boys, it would be priceless in my opinion.

Get off your high horse auldyin!

Arguably our midfield next Season will be made up of McCabe, Ness, Hutton & Fleck with the likes of Barrie McKay, Lewis MacLeod, Andrew Mitchell & Robbie Crawford all featuring.

If, and this is a big if, Rino is happy to take on a wage that the Club can afford I don't see the problem. The lift he would give the whole Club would be fantastic, let alone the expierence he would bring to all these young boys, it would be priceless in my opinion.

It's hypothetical at the moment. But if he does return, I'll wait to see how it pans out before I'd criticise him. I'd just rather move forward than back.

I'll accept your apology though if it doesn't work out. No high horses with me.

fuck sake do you people not realise Nacho has struggled badly at Sporting Gjion and at that Polish mob he was at he is a player that has always relied on pace he is now 34 years old and naturally has lost his pace and he wouldn't offer us anything anymore. Gattuso has never been a player that has relied on pace so age won't affect him like Novo add in the fact he is Italian and he should be in good shape. Also going by AC Milan Forums the games Gattuso did play this gone season he played very well and they thought he could still have offered the AC Milan midfield something yet people would rather Novo a player who couldn't get into the Sporting Gjion and Legia Warsaw team over him.

Don't get me wrong I loved Nacho when he was with us and still do but he is finished now at our level and Gattuso has far more experience and success than Novo could ever dream of.

It's hypothetical at the moment. But if he does return, I'll wait to see how it pans out before I'd criticise him. I'd just rather move forward than back.

I'll accept your apology though if it doesn't work out. No high horses with me.

I do understand your reasoning, and I support it also, to an extent. It all depends on how much we can cut our wage bill and what he really is happy to play for.

I wouldn't do it if he asks for too much, but if not I couldn't pass up the opportunity of having a player with that much experience.

I'll also accept your apology :pipe:

as much as i love Nacho, and as much as he hates the time, i still feel Gattuso would be the far better signing, both on ability, but also publicity and maybe might help raise more cash i.e. with strip purchases etc.

Gattuso is the smarter option for many reasons. I know this is a hyperthetical so that is why we'd have to pick one but I reckon Novo would play for 8,000 a week easily, so that's Gattuso and Novo for the same price as Whittaker.