Would you be for or against changing Ibrox to generate some funds

Gers1690

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell your soul for money, what next all stuff in the trophy room, or money to change the colour of our strips.

Go say this shit to Bayren Munich fans about their stadium ffs Ibrox can get changed to anything but in true Rangers fan's hearts it will always be Ibrox Stadium and if we get 10+ millon for it all be jumping for joy.

If a conglomerate offered to pay something like £10m-£50m for like a 10year deal, for example, would you be happy with it? If it meant we could clear some of our debts and look to the future...

I wouldn't exactly like the name changed, but if it helped us go forward and bounce back as quickly as possible, why not?

£10 million? No chance.

£50 million? Maybe.

Fuck that.

Is nothing sacred when it comes to making a few bob?

Put it this way, what if it was needed? I'm not really a fan of the idea at all, but agreeing a CVA isn't simply going to be the end of it, something is needed to maintain this, and let's be honest, no-one can really say they're sure about how much Green really has to put into this.

So if it was done to simply fund a couple more players then it's a no, but if it was integral to the future of the club, I could reluctantly get on board.

Sell your soul for money, what next all stuff in the trophy room, or money to change the colour of our strips.

Where is selling the name and the name alone of Ibrox 'selling our souls'?

I take it the small teams who sell their stadium naming rights, simply to allow their clubs to survive, have sold their souls?

Go say this shit to Bayren Munich fans about their stadium ffs Ibrox can get changed to anything but in true Rangers fan's hearts it will always be Ibrox Stadium and if we get 10+ millon for it all be jumping for joy.

I could not give a fuck about Bayern Munich or their stadium, and the only shit is you.

How does sponsorship equate to an asset sale? The club needs income and playing in a footballing backwater limits the potential sources. Save the RADA performance for an event that truly does undermine the clubs traditions.

Well that is the one of the biggest stadiums that did it and yet you dont see them moaning about it. If we had to sell the naming rights to save Rangers would you?

First of all sorry about my post and calling you shit as that was out of order but was wound up. To be honest i can not see anyone paying big money to buy the rights. When you think that we struggled to sell our club, i can not imagine there will be many people willing to rename our stadium when the could have bought our club for very little money and just renamed our stadium.

First of all sorry about my post and calling you shit as that was out of order but was wound up. To be honest i can not see anyone paying big money to buy the rights. When you think that we struggled to sell our club, i can not imagine there will be many people willing to rename our stadium when the could have bought our club for very little money and just renamed our stadium.

I don't think it was a case of 'buy the club, simply rename stadium'. If that WAS the case then what the fuck has went on the last year?

Lets say, for arguments sake, that it IS £10m to rename Ibrox. Could someone have bought the club, repaid/restructured our debt, invested in players AND got the club on an even keel all for £10m?

You genuinely believe that to be the case?

I don't think it was a case of 'buy the club, simply rename stadium'. If that WAS the case then what the fuck has went on the last year?

Lets say, for arguments sake, that it IS £10m to rename Ibrox. Could someone have bought the club, repaid/restructured our debt, invested in players AND got the club on an even keel all for £10m?

You genuinely believe that to be the case?

Do you believe that someone would pay near 10 million for the rights.

Do you believe that someone would pay near 10 million for the rights.

Yes. Not on an annual basis. Maybe £10m over 3-5 years. We currently get £1.3m p/a from Tennents so its certainly the type of fiction you were trying to peddle about simply buying the club for very little and renaming the stadium.

Yes. Not on an annual basis. Maybe £10m over 3-5 years. We currently get £1.3m p/a from Tennents so its certainly the type of fiction you were trying to peddle about simply buying the club for very little and renaming the stadium.

Our club has not even been saved yet which is the main object.

I'd be ok with it so long as it was providing a tangible benefit to the club itself (not to investors as although I have no problem with them making money I would be quite clear that Ibrox is a Rangers FC asset and anything raised should for Rangers FC)

In the end we would all still call it Ibrox anyway.