Come on England

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For you information i'm not English I just happen to live down here, and the reason I want them to lose is because I'm sick of getting Englands gonnae win this and Englands gonnae win that getting rammed down our throats, and also because it winds all my mates up down here because I want any team that plays England to beat them, and I get the chance to get my own back for all the shite I get because of our crappy national side

I think that is the biggest myth in football that England fans expect to win everything. Utter nonsense.

'Andy Townsend once got on the bus to a game and saw me reading the paper (the Guardian), picked it up and said he wanted to look at the sport. He threw it back down a couple of seconds later. “There’s no f***ing sport in here,” he said...'

--Graham Le Saux (2007)

Sorry, but I don't get what the point is by providing that quote, mate ?

'Andy Townsend once got on the bus to a game and saw me reading the paper (the Guardian), picked it up and said he wanted to look at the sport. He threw it back down a couple of seconds later. “There’s no f***ing sport in here,” he said...'

--Graham Le Saux (2007)

Interesting quote (tu)

I think it shows the level of intelligence of both Townsend and of your average footballer.

If its not sport, they havent a clue.

I hardly see what the problem is, his job was to be a footballer so why should he be slated for having an interest in sport above anything else?? I think townsend is a bellend so not defending him just dont see why this is so relevant

You know this is the first tourny I think the English fans and media haven't ripped the pish with hype. In the past yes, every bloody time but I've not been as irritated as normal. I have quite a few English pals and they very don't expect to win anything, they just want to stay positive and support their team. I listen to TalkSport nearly everyday and their not bad at all, they speak more about other countries winning rather than England doing so. Times are changing, no doubt this will be the year they win something then the hype will start again for the next 30years lol

Anyways, I'm still a Jacobite so I hope they get smashed :D and to all those offended by my stance, get it round yees ;)

Heres the thing, England win the Euros will John 'the racist' have his charges dropped? Or he gets a ban for the final will he run out, assuming they win it, in his full kit and punch his way past the whole team to be the first to lift the trophy, shouting 'haha Ferdinands you bl@£& cunts' I single handidly won this!!! F@£& you Wayne Bridge I pumped your mrs and Yes I won this trophy, Joey Barton my brother from another mother come round my gaff and we can celebrate like the tits we are'

Edit: fcuk The English Nation Team (John Terry probably already tried :P )