HMRC to vote against CVA

Will D&P now open it up to other bidders??

Wouldn't think so would imagine assuming this is true and I doubt that is is tbh then we would go straight to Charles Greens ownership under liquidation.

I was also under the impression that HMRC have a legal duty to get something back rather than nothing in these situations as well so that's why I doubt they have rejected it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing but hardly unsurprising. Anyone particularly shocked ought to have a word with themselves.

What does this mean in terms of the Big Tax Case? Can they still go after us? Or is that left with the old company which gets liquidated?

Bit of a heartbreaker this one

Surely we could have sold a player or 2 to get more money in the pot for the CVA and save our club.

Clubs would shaft us knowing what a predicament we are in. I mean properly shaft us, not even these release fees. Hard to know where it would stop too. HMRC seem failry determined never to agree a deal. Even if we chuck in another 8.5m to the pot, they may not take it

To force Green to put more in before Thursday's meeting, or they appoint their own liquidators who may grant an asset sale to a higher bidder.

Can Green now put extra money in the CVA pot in the hope of getting an agreement? Wouldn't he have to do another mailshot to creditors?

I didn't think HMRC would accept the CVA. The figures are far too low and from what's been said about HMRC they accept about 60% of CVA's but under special circumstances. Newco it looks like but even this could take quite a bit of time and with the season round the corner will we be ready.

Well for fucks sake that is SSHITE!!! But was it predictable? 10310.gif Not by me, I am unfortunately a optimistic person but I can't believe it has come to this! Well actually I can I just desparetly wanted to believe it wouldn't.

So what now? who do we believe? who do we trust?

Green?Whyte?D & P?King?P Murray?Kennedy?A. Johnson?

What about the players? Will this be the catalyst for the mass exodus and the chance the clubs in the SPL have been waiting for to hammer us?!?

More questions, more uncertainty and the saga rolls on anguish.gif

Are there any positives for Rangers from this?

If true (remember this is the British Cafflic Channel we are talking about) then this is a blow but not unexpected but we seem to be taking one step forward and two backwards?

What worries me now is just how hard HMRC are going to be on our club. Will they allow Sevco to go down the Newco route or will their own liquidators sweep in an halt this procedure?

Whatever the reasons, this is not good for our club on many levels - Europe, player retention and especially all the working class folk who work at Ibrox who seem to be overlooked whilst this rages on.

The mhanky mob will be loving this - C*NTS!!

Fucking pisstake then by HMRC well Rangers will survive no matter what these wankers in suits do. NO SURRENDER!

...and us not paying tax isn't a pisstake? Get a grip of yourself.

This meeting will have taken place in order to give the opportunity for Green to revise the numbers for Thursday. Personally, I now doubt he will, and will instead go down an asset purchase route. He is a businessman at the end of the day, and the rewards are likely greater fom him and the other investors going down this route.

Agree though that in one way or another Rangers will survive. And whatever form that takes, we will always be THE Rangers.