Division 3 please

Gillete

Third division.

We'll kick everyone ten-fold on our way back up... whilst they are on their way down. (If they still exist)

I think we would win the league but will probably lose most of our better players so it is not likely that all the games will be walk overs.

Every game would be a cup game to the smaller teams.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we would win the league but will probably lose most of our better players so it is not likely that all the games will be walk overs.

Every game would be a cup game to the smaller teams.

I'd find that refreshing after watching some of the defend-at-all-costs tactics most teams have adopted against us in recent years.

Yes - there's a lot to be said for cup tie football. :sherlock:

can we realistically build a squad capable of competing in the spl within 3 seasons by going down to div 3?? cant see how the lower leagues would generate enough income for us to assemble the squad we have today???

I'm sorry, but that was yesterday, this is today and the squad you speak of will be decimated within the next few weeks.

Factor in any SPL points sanction (and for how many seasons?) and we'll be fucked before we start.

Div' 3 would at least allow us to be competitive (and that's my serious head on too). :(

Can we decide to do this

I personally don't know if it's financially better to stay in the SPL but I'd rather we opted out

We have no chance of winning the league for years

Get the high earners out, play the youth debt free and come back as strong as ever

In doing so

We fuck the Sky deal for every other club who have stabbed us in the back

Let them see Scottish football without their biggest club

I agree mate but on the flip side we need to think of the players that have served us through this shitstorm, we can probably keep most if not all if we remain in the SPL, is it right to put them all out after their services in all this?.

if we do remain in the SPL then we as fans should lead the punishinng to the others through boycotts.

my first thoughts are to go to Div 3 though, at least 3 teams in the SPL would be in administration in 6 months.

As someone who has watched Rangers and Greenock Morton over the years, let me just tell you Division 3 = Shite. The income from Division 3 couldn't even cover the running costs of Ibrox stadium, lets get real here.

Yeah Greenock Morton crowds would not cover the running costs of Ibrox, but Rangers crowds would.

I'm sorry, but that was yesterday, this is today and the squad you speak of will be decimated within the next few weeks.

Factor in any SPL points sanction (and for how many seasons?) and we'll be fucked before we start.

Div' 3 would at least allow us to be competitive (and that's my serious head on too). :(

have the points sanctions for a newco in the spl been decided on yet?? even with points sanctions it's my opinion that we would be back playing european football after the 3 seasons where as if we go down to div 3 i fear it would take us longer to get back into the top flight and back into europe, i want us back where we belong asap and it's my opinion staying in the spl would be the quickest way to do that, i understand wanting those who have had a kick to be punished but i feel we should be doing whats best for us first

have the points sanctions for a newco in the spl been decided on yet?? even with points sanctions it's my opinion that we would be back playing european football after the 3 seasons where as if we go down to div 3 i fear it would take us longer to get back into the top flight and back into europe, i want us back where we belong asap and it's my opinion staying in the spl would be the quickest way to do that, i understand wanting those who have had a kick to be punished but i feel we should be doing whats best for us first

Yes they did decide.

They decided to decide when a decision was required, ie when someone to decided to form a newco and decided to ask the SPL if they could transfer the share!!!

basically the clubs will decide what punishment a Newco will receive for retaining SPL membership. They can do what they wish and and the criteria can be different depending on who the club is.

we have got to go to division 3 it is a must in my opinon, do people really want to stay in the spl where we will get punished laughed at and abused from all sides. leave them to rot with no tv deal and a fair few will follow us down!

like many others i'd rather go Div 3 if we go cap in hand to the rest of the spl, they will fuck us just to prove a point, resign now go to div 3 start again 4 yrs back in the spl and chasing europe, do you think we can survive spl with less tele money and -15 point start, it's 3 years of misery try to survive and watch shit teams finish above us, we would win the lower leagues build a team ready for revenge

Make no mistake, if we do stay in the SPL every single one of us from the club down through the tea lady had better have a steel spine 'cause we're in for three years of hellacious abuse. I say bring it on, and remember what Neitzsche said. We will rise from this in time and be the stronger for having endured it, and those that have relished sticking the boots in will be given good reason to rue their actions.

If possible, wherever they'd let us in down in England would be my preferred option, second and more realistic would be Div 3, but I think the most likely outcome will be severe penalties for the 'pleasure' of playing in the SPL.

How can we assume we will be up in 3? We will have to play our youth (assuming they stay!!) for a while and then we will have to work our way up the spl, this is going to take longer than 3 seasons Im afraid.