next seasons strip

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so un-rep me, I'm only giving my opinion based on my limited knowledge on the matter. <cr>

Given that the mhedia, SPL, SFA and every other fucker will be looking for an excuse to say that 'they're still masquerading as the "oldco"', I think a rethink of next year's kit may be worth considering?

after all the tops that have already been sold i think it would be a poor decision to change it now

If greens deal is the highest offer he will inherit all the titles,copyrights ect everything is still the EXCACT same rangers only the company name will be different and 7 out of 12 teams vote YES to transfering the membership ... We need 8 teams but Gers old Co gets a vote so obv we only then need 7

Existing deals with Umbro and Carling could collapse, both would presumably demand renegotiation in the event of our 'demotion' to the SFL.

They'll not be in any position to make demands, there will be no "existing deals" with the newco. All current deals are with a company that is being liquidated. A newco Rangers would be in a position of having to get new sponsors, it's possible the newco would enter an agreement with old sponsors though.

If The membership is transferred then spl will still view our history as intact and true although with this big tax case we could still be stripped of titles even though we can't be pursued by HMRC for the money they will pursue Murray and Sh(w)yte

IMHO, the biggest change would be that the RFC logo would not be alowed to appear on the new strip, as it's a registered trademark of Rangers Football Club. That's how the club manage to shut down any entity using their mark.

And who would challenge us for using it?

IMHO, the biggest change would be that the RFC logo would not be alowed to appear on the new strip, as it's a registered trademark of Rangers Football Club. That's how the club manage to shut down any entity using their mark.

Rangers Football Club will no longer exist, who would enforce this?

Does that mean the logos on the stadium as well

Rangers Football Club will no longer exist, who would enforce this?

Obviously, Rangers 1872 would not challenge the use of our logo on a Newco strip. I'm always wary that the rhats will use something this tenuous to 'prove' that the new club should suffer the consequences of the actions of individuals from the original club so that they can pursue their vhendetta beyond ahet they already have.

All this legal talk over the last 4 months has me as paranoid as them <cr>

Probably worrying about nothing, hopefully.

Don't talk shite.

Next thing you'll be saying that the new shirt dosent have any stars FFS.

If we have to change the strip the new ones that everyone has just bought will probs sell out as they will be collectors items.

As for tennants was that deal negotiated in partnership with the scum? If so surely they will have to look for a new deal as the contract will be void?

Here good point it should and probably will which is only a good thing imo I was never a good deal in the first place.

Purely from a financial viewpoint it was a good deal as we made more pure profit than we would have if we ran our shops. As we didn't have to pay costs to run the shops etc.